C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

I SEE PARANOID PEOPLE!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350 4Matic
I SEE PARANOID PEOPLE!!!!

I cant help but notice how many theads or post are about price. How much did you pay? Did I get ripped off? Any discounts?

Do people not have confidence in making there own deal? We are all grown adults here and very successful. So why are so many people not capible of making a deal and living with it? I dont need to ask anyone to buy anything. Its my choice and I dont give a S*** if someone says how much did you pay? Not there bussiness. Personaly I do not need the best deal in the hole world. I just need a fair deal, one I can live with.

I know I will P off some one with this thread, but im not trin to.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 210 4matic / 2011 W204 C300 sport
i back you up 100% , i notice the same thing + "87 octane" RTFM
or i paid $xxxxxx amount for this car and my sunroof dont work , it should not have faults , come on , as i said before . the amount of money that invested into the space shuttles should be more than our cars , unfortuntely it stll blows up
Old 07-26-2008, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
Originally Posted by 451/443=EW
We are all grown adults here and very successful.
You assume too much. This is the c-class forum, and for many here this is the biggest or second biggest single purchase they've ever made, wether on theior own dime or not, and an overextension of their means, hence the sensitivity.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:51 PM

2008 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by Nola
You assume too much. This is the c-class forum, and for many here this is the biggest or second biggest single purchase they've ever made, wether on theior own dime or not, and an overextension of their means, hence the sensitivity.
Couldn't agree more.

Knowledge is power, and why not have more of it going into a dealership than not?

I mean, if not for ALL the information available on this site, including things like price, then why even have this message board to begin with?

Lastly, I know A LOT of grown, successful adults who cannot negotiate anything or make rational decisions when it comes to buying cars.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:14 PM
Almost a Member!

Mercedes Benz C300 4matic MM
Originally Posted by mb_horseshoe
Couldn't agree more.

Knowledge is power, and why not have more of it going into a dealership than not?

I mean, if not for ALL the information available on this site, including things like price, then why even have this message board to begin with?

Lastly, I know A LOT of grown, successful adults who cannot negotiate anything or make rational decisions when it comes to buying cars.
lol this is so true, I work in the banking industry, I see this everyday and I wonder why that is
Old 07-26-2008, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
I cant help but notice how many theads or post are about price. How much did you pay? Did I get ripped off? Any discounts?

Do people not have confidence in making there own deal? We are all grown adults here and very successful. So why are so many people not capible of making a deal and living with it? I dont need to ask anyone to buy anything. Its my choice and I dont give a S*** if someone says how much did you pay? Not there bussiness. Personaly I do not need the best deal in the hole world. I just need a fair deal, one I can live with.

there is no such a thing about good deal or fear deal
Old 07-26-2008, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
werd
Old 07-26-2008, 11:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
black c300 sport p1
theres a time and place for this sort of discussion and i feel most of what has been posted here is b.s. bragging...."i paid this, and the dealer threw in this which you didn't get". "what'd you pay? i paid $1000 less and the dealer gave me a cup of coffee/amg valve stems/smile/cls brochure". if you already drove it home, who cares, you're stuck with what you paid. if you have a genuine question prior to deal closing, there is a huge thread with 100+ posts of what people have paid and extras they have received.

for some reason a lot of these threads have been popping up in the last couple days and i find them really annoying.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'14 GLK250 Diesel
I do have to agree that a lot of pricing questions are probably well-intentioned, but often misunderstood as to the significance of the answers.

ALL pricing, like politics, is local. There are huge regional differences that affect what is considered a reasonable price - a market with a good mix of dealers and lots of competition behaves differently from a place with few dealers and little give and take. Plus, you pay for timing - we bought ours from the first shipment to the West Coast, for very good reasons [we were about to embark on a once-in-a-lifetime road trip], so paying MSRP was not a problem for me. Never lost a wink of sleep worrying about the price we paid.

I also am skeptical about how much this information really affects individual buying power - if you're a lousy negotiator, knowing the "fair price" isn't going to do you much good.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
+1

I found the 'what you paid for it' thread helpful last fall because the car was new I wanted to know that others were able negotiate. Now that the car is not new, I'm not sure how much value continued price discussion has.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63S
HMM . . .THIS IS A FORUM FOLKS!!

You choose whether or not to read or answer a thread. I you don't like it don't read it. Pricing is informative. My father bought a ML320 and was told he could not get a penny of the sticker at 3 different locations in S.Florida. I pretty much assumed that much when I visited the Dealer. When he told me he would give me 3% of the MSRP I was pleasantly surprised. Now after reading the " How much did you pay for it " thread a lot more people will save some funds I'm sure.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Mercedes C300 4Matic
I agree, so many paranoid people here. I mean who cares if you didn't get the best deal, enjoy the damn car and feel lucky you even got any type of deal cause a few months ago here in Vancouver you couldn't buy a C class for under MSRP anywhere nor even find one on any of the lots.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:57 PM
Almost a Member!

2009 C300 sport
this has got to be the most useless thred on this website, followed by the guy with ugly rims...
Old 07-27-2008, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
Originally Posted by Will617
HMM . . .THIS IS A FORUM FOLKS!!

You choose whether or not to read or answer a thread. I you don't like it don't read it. Pricing is informative. My father bought a ML320 and was told he could not get a penny of the sticker at 3 different locations in S.Florida. I pretty much assumed that much when I visited the Dealer. When he told me he would give me 3% of the MSRP I was pleasantly surprised. Now after reading the " How much did you pay for it " thread a lot more people will save some funds I'm sure.
I Agree . We must realise that nobody owns this forum . I only read what interests me ,
Old 07-28-2008, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C350 4Matic
Some of you just have too much in your head. I never said saving money is bad. Do a search and talk about it on that thread. No need to make a new thread everytime someone has a money topic.

But to be honest, I dont really care if you want to stress over money. Im just sayin MOVE ON with your life after you bought the car. I guess the difference is some dont see value, they only see money. You know a Honda fit might work better for those people.

Before some of you get bent out of shape. Im not sayin dont do home work or try to save money. That would be really bad advice. Im sayin learn to live with your decision.

I wonder if everyone nogotiates on every item they buy? I dont think so.
Profit is what makes the world go around. Its how you get paid at work. Its how our economy lives. And believe it or not some one is taking your money EVERYDAY. The coffie, the burger, the cloths you buy have 300% mark up. So if you really want to save.... the next time you go to a restarant tell them you will pay $16 for the $22 dollar lobster. Dont forget to take your hole familly with you.

The reason I made this thread is cus, Invoice this, cost on that, I mean just look at how many times this comes up. This is a car forum so lets not forget to talk about cars.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:12 PM

'08 C 300 Sport, '01 SL 500 & '08 Nissan Frontier SE Crew Cab 4WD
I agree with the O.P. and those in line with him. I got my wifes C300 sport P1 w/ 18" AMG wheels last August, it was one of the first ones sold in Nor Cal. I paid full sticker because that's the car my wife said she wanted. Also when the car was launched there was no deal it was sticker or no deal. I have paid invoice on some cars, slightly above and below at times. I have no regrets on the Benz as my wife is absolutely in love with her car. But yeah I've noticed these pricing threads are getting so annoying, it's like ones goal in life is to get a below invoice price for a car?

-Ryan
Old 07-28-2008, 01:20 PM

08 MB
Some of you just have too much.........
I 100% agree but one thing I learned is venting frustrations on forums just leads to more frustrations as people will continue to do what they do and posts like this fall on deaf ears of the people you are targeting.

I have deleted plenty of posts before submitting them as I figured what's the point. As mentioned it's peoples money, cars, curiosity, blah, blah, blah, so do what you want.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C350 4Matic
Originally Posted by racetested
I 100% agree but one thing I learned is venting frustrations on forums just leads to more frustrations as people will continue to do what they do and posts like this fall on deaf ears of the people you are targeting.

I have deleted plenty of posts before submitting them as I figured what's the point. As mentioned it's peoples money, cars, curiosity, blah, blah, blah, so do what you want.
Ya your probably right, but its nice to see guys like you, maninblack, trilOr, Micropower99, CarGuru, and others see more to your cars then money.

Live long boys.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:11 PM

08 MB
Ya your probably right, but its nice to see guys like you, maninblack, trilOr, Micropower99, CarGuru, and others see more to your cars then money.

Live long boys.
Well I'm not rich but I also have very little patience for salesmen and dealers in general so I go in with a "fair" price in mind and get out of there as fast as I can when met. I make enough that I can deal with the fact that I "might" have paid $500-1000 too much but the aggravation of dealer games is not worth it to me.

I'm more like "whatever, can I have my car now and get the hell out of here". Like you say I make up for any loss in daily expenses that I have very minimal of in my usually frugal life outside of cars.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
Your exact price should probably be kept private or through PMs. But the way I see it...this forum isn't just for those who already own a w204, but also for those who are thinking about buying. For me personally, that's how I found this site initially. I was doing research as to what car I wanted to buy. There were pricing threads back then and I can honestly say that it helped me make a more informed decision. The internet is a place to gather information and if people talk about what deals and what pricing they got, I see it as helpful overall. If you don't want to feel bad about the pricing you got, you have the choice to not click on this thread. But for those out there that are looking to buy, more information is never a bad thing and that's what I strive to give. There's a large audience out there and not all postings are for everyone, but don't pigeonhole forum members.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:52 PM

c300
So when you go to buy something, you never comparison shop? You never go look around to see what something is selling for other places?

Wow, wish I had stupid money to throw around. Me, I like to know what the baseline I should realistically be paying for something before I enter negotiations. I'd prefer to save as much money as I can so that I can spend it other places.

But, I forget, mercedes is kind of one of those brands that attracts status brand ****** too.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C350 4Matic
Originally Posted by oblu
So when you go to buy something, you never comparison shop? You never go look around to see what something is selling for other places?

Wow, wish I had stupid money to throw around. Me, I like to know what the baseline I should realistically be paying for something before I enter negotiations. I'd prefer to save as much money as I can so that I can spend it other places.

But, I forget, mercedes is kind of one of those brands that attracts status brand ****** too.
Im sorry oblu but you missed my point entirerly.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Youngtimer

this is a forum, so what is important to some members may not be important to others.
That's why God invented thread titles, so you can skip over opening or reading the threads that bring such emotional discomfort
Old 07-28-2008, 08:24 PM
Banned

Trek Navigator
If you don't like reading about what ppl paid, don't click. WTF is so hard about that?