C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Volk Racing Progressiv ME

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 02:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 MB
Volk Racing Progressiv ME

Another possibility that fits our wheels specs and for people wanting to spend the money on a lightweight forged wheel.

These were just quickly photoshopped onto my car.

http://www.rayswheels.co.jp/indexe.html
Attached Thumbnails Volk Racing Progressiv ME-volk_me.jpg  

Last edited by racetested; 08-06-2008 at 02:54 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Arctic White C300 Sport 6M
I like Volk wheels in general. Not that one though... the design better fits a Honda.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:08 PM

push pedal bicycle & '08 C 350
looks like the RE30? edit: just checked ya progressive me

that actually doesn't look so bad IMO. but i'm a honda guy. but i'll tell you this, you wont find a lighter wheel than that volk right there for the sizes that we have. i had 17" ce28 that were 11# fronts 13# rear so you can probably go up to 19" on those and still be under 20# per wheel. haha, i got 30 miles more per tank w/ my volks on.

i would soooooooo rock bronze volk ce28 on my arctic

Last edited by methodz; 08-06-2008 at 03:12 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:15 PM

Lexus IS 350 F Sport
Originally Posted by racetested
Another possibility that fits our wheels specs and for people wanting to spend the money on a lightweight forged wheel.

I had these when i had my Lexus IS250 before my C now and i thought they were HOT spent close to $3500 on them so if you're gonna get them you gotta make sure you like them !!
Old 08-06-2008, 04:09 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
someone has it on his C55. looks good imo. but i wish they have 18" fitment staggered.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:19 PM

2008 C300 Sport 6M
Those are great looking wheels IMO. Volk's are a little pricey but I like the twin-7-spoke design. Also, Enkei has a similar looking model for a whole lot less if that's appealing...
Old 08-06-2008, 09:50 PM

2008 C350
I wonder how ce28 will look
Old 08-06-2008, 11:00 PM

W204

Not sure about the wheels. YES, rays are great or pimp for JAPs cars but it will look totally different on a EURO cars. Likely the size should be minimum of 18" maximum of 20" in order to suit the new C class and I'm not sure if Rays make them staggered and available for w204.

For those who like them just get them, as for me currently the best rims (which is not available for w204 is BBS LM) then DPE, HRE, iForge. But this is just me and my taste.. hehehe..
Old 08-07-2008, 12:10 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
DPE, HRE, Iforged are overrated unless you are talking about the HRE monoblock forged.

personally I like the TE37 or CE28. I wouldn't mine selling my BBS RE on my C32 to get a set of those if they are avaialble in 18" staggered.

19" on e92 looks great too

and of course this is just my opinion.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:14 AM

W212 E250 AV
Originally Posted by KingRichard
Not sure about the wheels. YES, rays are great or pimp for JAPs cars but it will look totally different on a EURO cars. Likely the size should be minimum of 18" maximum of 20" in order to suit the new C class and I'm not sure if Rays make them staggered and available for w204.

For those who like them just get them, as for me currently the best rims (which is not available for w204 is BBS LM) then DPE, HRE, iForge. But this is just me and my taste.. hehehe..
just wondering.... is it really possible to find GENUINE Volk or HRE wheels in Indonesia at all? Fakes are everywhere there, isn't it?
Old 08-07-2008, 05:33 AM

W204
Originally Posted by S204HONGKONG
just wondering.... is it really possible to find GENUINE Volk or HRE wheels in Indonesia at all? Fakes are everywhere there, isn't it?
Yes! you just have to go through a good dealer. Concept Motorsport, CK Motorsports, Antellope, and Permaisuri is the best place you can get a real wheels

Heemmm HRE, DPE, and iForge are overrated? I guess different opinions... as for me they still are the decend one for Euro off course you shouldnt put those on JAPS because then Volks etc will kick ***. The Ultimate Wheels for me is still BBS LM (yes its classic) but again thats me...

Last edited by KingRichard; 08-07-2008 at 05:38 AM.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:09 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Yes! you just have to go through a good dealer. Concept Motorsport, CK Motorsports, Antellope, and Permaisuri is the best place you can get a real wheels

Heemmm HRE, DPE, and iForge are overrated? I guess different opinions... as for me they still are the decend one for Euro off course you shouldnt put those on JAPS because then Volks etc will kick ***. The Ultimate Wheels for me is still BBS LM (yes its classic) but again thats me...
yes, IMO they're overrated. nice wheels, but overrated. HRE's been around for a long time, but if you compare it to some of the newer brand DCR, modular, etc you'll see that the material wise every company are on par since there are only few company that really produce these parts (barrels, rivets, forged blanks). Other than design if another company can produce a wheel at lower price why pay more for just the brand. One piece forged is a whole other story that's why I said other than the one piece forged to being with. DPE and Iforged are known for ****ty paint and barrels. The use cheaper parts compare to HRE, DCR, and modular for example. I've seen complaints of hairline cracks on DPE and Iforged more than any other brand (being in the wheel business before). I also wouldn't consider DPE and Iforged up there with HRE because instead of making it true multi-piece they decided to go cheap and weld them together. a cheap and I wouldn't consider them very safe process.

Volks quality are far surpass DPE and Iforged. one of my friend went into the wall when his fell asleep with his 350z on TE37 the car took a beating, but the wheel was surprisingly intact with the lip on the wheel gone from grinding the wall. i've seen ppl with DPEs and Iforged got into the accident the wheels just folded.

wheels are just wheels I don't see why you can't put a nice looking set of HRE, DPE, Iforged, BBS or what not on the Japanese car and vise versa with the Volks, SSRs, etc on Euros.

BBS LM is timeless. definitely the ultimate wheel ever. only if they cleared my brembos i would've gotten them on the 203 in 18".

Last edited by FrankW; 08-07-2008 at 06:13 AM.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:18 AM

W204
Originally Posted by FrankW
yes, IMO they're overrated. nice wheels, but overrated. HRE's been around for a long time, but if you compare it to some of the newer brand DCR, modular, etc you'll see that the material wise every company are on par since there are only few company that really produce these parts (barrels, rivets, forged blanks). Other than design if another company can produce a wheel at lower price why pay more for just the brand. One piece forged is a whole other story that's why I said other than the one piece forged to being with. DPE and Iforged are known for ****ty paint and barrels. The use cheaper parts compare to HRE, DCR, and modular for example. I've seen complaints of hairline cracks on DPE and Iforged more than any other brand (being in the wheel business before). I also wouldn't consider DPE and Iforged up there with HRE because instead of making it true multi-piece they decided to go cheap and weld them together. a cheap and I wouldn't consider them very safe process.

Volks quality are far surpass DPE and Iforged. one of my friend went into the wall when his fell asleep with his 350z on TE37 the car took a beating, but the wheel was surprisingly intact with the lip on the wheel gone from grinding the wall. i've seen ppl with DPEs and Iforged got into the accident the wheels just folded.

wheels are just wheels I don't see why you can't put a nice looking set of HRE, DPE, Iforged, BBS or what not on the Japanese car and vise versa with the Volks, SSRs, etc on Euros.

BBS LM is timeless. definitely the ultimate wheel ever. only if they cleared my brembos i would've gotten them on the 203 in 18".
Agree with you 100% but Volks, SSRs most of its current models developed mostly for JDM car and depending on the looks/style some actually are nice on EURO but only some. DPE, iForge offcourse is different in $$$ compare to HRE but they do come with EURO designs include HRE. DCR or modular quite unsure about them. DCR brands however used to be used by some cheaps Taiwan wheels which is why I didnt mention them. Modular (first time I heart about them) looks good so far but not far off HRE (design wise)

Those JDMs wheels offcourse being made 100% good material because they are for RACINGs (lightweight and not for show) and I do agree the quality is excellent (pricewise also expensive) but some design is just to JDMs (I hope u know what I mean) Again this is just taste of wheels so again each person have different way of seeing thing. As you can see I'm a car freak and my previous car used DPE and happy with its price tag and quality and it did give me some trophy to bring back home

BBS LM is the classic wheels and if they make one for W204 I will forget about BBK and will still used it. Its been my dream wheels ever since I move from JDM to Euro.

BTW you do have a nice Alpine White E90 with a nice sets of Volks but if you asking me SSR professor or Work Meister will surely make a good showoff for your E90...
Old 08-07-2008, 07:39 AM

08 MB
FrankW,
Here is the C55 in mention. The wheels look nicer when shot on an actual car instead of photoshopped. You may also like these wheels I posted about earlier.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/255340-advan-f7-wheels.html

I agree the downside is having the same 18x8 wheels on all 4 corners.

As far as I know this is the only model of Volk that will fit Mercedes' bolt pattern. All other wheels are the Japanese standard 114 or 100 and not the 112 we need. Plus we have a standard 50 and 54mm offset as where many wheels are in the 32-38 range and will stick out pretty far from the wheel well.

I personally don't like wheels with lips therefore HRE, etc. that many people like don't appeal to me. I like the spokes to be flush on the outside and have the center of the wheel be concave.
Attached Thumbnails Volk Racing Progressiv ME-volkmecar1.jpg  
Old 08-07-2008, 07:53 AM

08 MB
KingRichard,
I am not 100% these fit our car but the wheel shop I am dealing with said they have a set of these for the specs I gave (18x8) and seem to be more your taste.
http://www.workwheelsusa.com/product...ry=26&wheel=75

My dislike about BBS wheels is most I have seen are not lightweight at all. I like the Japanese wheels because they are very lightweight and for spending big money I want performance as well as looks.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:58 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Agree with you 100% but Volks, SSRs most of its current models developed mostly for JDM car and depending on the looks/style some actually are nice on EURO but only some. DPE, iForge offcourse is different in $$$ compare to HRE but they do come with EURO designs include HRE. DCR or modular quite unsure about them. DCR brands however used to be used by some cheaps Taiwan wheels which is why I didnt mention them. Modular (first time I heart about them) looks good so far but not far off HRE (design wise)

Those JDMs wheels offcourse being made 100% good material because they are for RACINGs (lightweight and not for show) and I do agree the quality is excellent (pricewise also expensive) but some design is just to JDMs (I hope u know what I mean) Again this is just taste of wheels so again each person have different way of seeing thing. As you can see I'm a car freak and my previous car used DPE and happy with its price tag and quality and it did give me some trophy to bring back home

BBS LM is the classic wheels and if they make one for W204 I will forget about BBK and will still used it. Its been my dream wheels ever since I move from JDM to Euro.

BTW you do have a nice Alpine White E90 with a nice sets of Volks but if you asking me SSR professor or Work Meister will surely make a good showoff for your E90...
oh no...I was just showing the E90 as an example for using Volks. not mine. I actually just got a W204 C350 with no options. probably will just get either reps or the 18" take offs from other Cs or the C63.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:08 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
FrankW,
Here is the C55 in mention. The wheels look nicer when shot on an actual car instead of photoshopped. You may also like these wheels I posted about earlier.
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255340

I agree the downside is having the same 18x8 wheels on all 4 corners.

As far as I know this is the only model of Volk that will fit Mercedes' bolt pattern. All other wheels are the Japanese standard 114 or 100 and not the 112 we need. Plus we have a standard 50 and 54mm offset as where many wheels are in the 32-38 range and will stick out pretty far from the wheel well.

I personally don't like wheels with lips therefore HRE, etc. that many people like don't appeal to me. I like the spokes to be flush on the outside and have the center of the wheel be concave.
you are right, the Advan wheel looks great I don't really have a preference for lip or no lip. My only preferece is to have a lot of spokes. All of my previous wheels on my C32 had a lot of spokes started from the Axis Phin, Carlsson 1/16 BE, HRE 448R, and the DCR Laguna Seca.

actually RE30, TE37, CE28N, and few others are all available in 18x8 5x112 bolt pattern with +50 offset I believe. it's listed for Audi/VW with 73.1 center bore, but if you check their fitment for MBZ they list the same center bore which I believe they use hub rings. the offset wasn't a good fit for the w203 or other classes, but it's perfect for the w204 now. my favorite is the CE28N.

downside is no wider rear or slightly more aggressive offset to make up the fender width.

the BBS GOLD forged series are all actually on the light weight side. My BBS RE weight about 20-21lbs each. The BBS LM in 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 weight about 21-22lbs each. they're still on the light weight side althought they're not 17-18lbs like the TE37 or RE30 or CE28N.

Last edited by FrankW; 08-07-2008 at 08:12 AM.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:21 AM

08 MB
Originally Posted by FrankW
my favorite is the CE28N..
I personally like the CE28NF the best but I never gave it much thought as the sizes never seemed to fit my cars. Again no lip. http://www.mackinindustries.com/md/r...monoblock.html

What I don't get is the wheel manufacturers sites don't even show all the sizes they offer. There are size charts yet there are many more sizes available that are not listed. Hard to find a proper wheel when the manufacturer themselves don't even list what they have available.