C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Any aftermarket shocks available yet?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 01:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350
Any aftermarket shocks available yet?

I have Eibach Prokit springs sitting in my garage waiting to get on my car. Should I wait until I can find some good shocks or just install with the OE shocks. I don't know how much longer I can wait. Anyone with advice or anyone know where I can get shocks for this car?
Old 08-14-2008, 12:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300 6speed
umm why? its a new mb, if you wanted better handling you should have got the sport suspension, if you do not already have it
Old 08-14-2008, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Arctic White C300 Sport 6M
There's a KW V3 available for sale in the US (I think). But it's a coilover set up, so your Eibachs will become redundant.

There are no shocks available as of yet. Car's too new.

Plenty of forum members have installed springs (Eibach and H&R both) and have reported generally positive experiences.

I personally wouldn't go just springs on OEM shocks.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:31 PM

C350
Yea, I saw the KW's, they look sweet. I would love to get a set of coilovers but the KW V3's are just too expensive and the V3's are alittle overkill from what I'm looking for. I had a set of Bilstein coilovers in a previous E46 and I loved them and they were less than half the price. I think the tuner marker is going to be huge for the new c-class. You would think Bilstein, Koni, H&R, Eibach, etc. would come up with sport shocks by now. Hopefully they are in development or else I may do the big no no and use my OE shocks.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:45 AM

W205 c43
The Brabus already release the suspension kits for W204, it is made by Bilstein according to the shop.

Many of the feedback i got for coilover would be a bit too stiff for W204 if you not go fot tracking.

I would wait for a yr or two till the current shock run down a bit then upgrade a FULL suspension kits plus the anti-roll bar for both front and rear.

Pretty happy with the stock setup at the moment, just a little bit soft i guess. Overall pretty good for daily driving.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
Originally Posted by eyemd
I have Eibach Prokit springs sitting in my garage waiting to get on my car. Should I wait until I can find some good shocks or just install with the OE shocks. I don't know how much longer I can wait. Anyone with advice or anyone know where I can get shocks for this car?
I am having the same issue. There is good news though. I contacted Sachs last week. The guy I spoke with did a little research for me and he emailed me some news. He indicated that they are the OE supplier for the W204 and the consensus around there was...the OE shocks can be used as long they are in good working order.

I was going to wait until next year to see what becomes available, but after hearing from the rep, I may just do the install.

Oh...ask anyone who has street-use coilovers, how often they adjust them. For most, it's too complicated, and a waste of money.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204 Color: 090 / 1999 Honda Civic EX / 2003 Acura TL
I think i saw a KSport coilover system. i want a coilover system bad
Old 08-15-2008, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Spec_Davis
I think i saw a KSport coilover system. i want a coilover system bad
You did. H&R has a set too, but for some reason they don't recommend using it on U.S. models.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204 Color: 090 / 1999 Honda Civic EX / 2003 Acura TL
someone on this board i remember reading a post saying that he had it installed in his C300 or C350 and he had pics to back it up as well.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Spec_Davis
someone on this board i remember reading a post saying that he had it installed in his C300 or C350 and he had pics to back it up as well.
Coilovers?
Old 08-16-2008, 12:42 AM

C350
Originally Posted by Derspeed
I am having the same issue. There is good news though. I contacted Sachs last week. The guy I spoke with did a little research for me and he emailed me some news. He indicated that they are the OE supplier for the W204 and the consensus around there was...the OE shocks can be used as long they are in good working order.

I was going to wait until next year to see what becomes available, but after hearing from the rep, I may just do the install.

Oh...ask anyone who has street-use coilovers, how often they adjust them. For most, it's too complicated, and a waste of money.
Thanks for the info. That settles it then, I'm not waiting, I'm going to do the install. First step, look for some 5mm rear spring pads if available. I think that will give me the perfect drop with the Eibachs.

I've had coilovers before, I adjusted them only once in three years, and I'm a guy who likes to tinker with things. Coilovers would be great for a track car, but I think the Eibachs would suit me fine for my W204.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Also, my stepfather runs a wheel, tire, susp. garage and he seems to think the springs will not lower the car enough or over-tax the OE struts enough to warrant replacing them.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Arctic White C300 Sport 6M
Originally Posted by Derspeed
Also, my stepfather runs a wheel, tire, susp. garage and he seems to think the springs will not lower the car enough or over-tax the OE struts enough to warrant replacing them.
I'm really curious to hear some objective reviews of a spring install (Eibach or H&R) on OE struts. I know it's not too much of a drop, but it is still non-OE specs, and I'm afraid there will be too much travel on the dampers. I could care less about the dampers' lifespan, but I just don't want the whole bouncy effect... The stock setup is already kinda too bouncy for my tastes as it is.

If anyone had a thorough review of the ride after just a spring install, it'd be immensely helpful for me. I'm not talking about a review that goes like, "Yeah, man, it looks so DOPE! It's siiiiiiiiick. I'm trying to see how low it can go." I'm going for performance more than for looks.

Last edited by narky; 08-16-2008 at 10:52 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:15 AM

C350
Picking up the spring pads from my dealer on Tues. Planning on the install next weekend. Review to follow...
Old 08-17-2008, 12:22 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by narky
I'm really curious to hear some objective reviews of a spring install (Eibach or H&R) on OE struts. I know it's not too much of a drop, but it is still non-OE specs, and I'm afraid there will be too much travel on the dampers. I could care less about the dampers' lifespan, but I just don't want the whole bouncy effect... The stock setup is already kinda too bouncy for my tastes as it is.

If anyone had a thorough review of the ride after just a spring install, it'd be immensely helpful for me. I'm not talking about a review that goes like, "Yeah, man, it looks so DOPE! It's siiiiiiiiick. I'm trying to see how low it can go." I'm going for performance more than for looks.
Me too. I agree the ide is already tight enough, but just high so i feel like it is bobbing a bit. Dropping an extra half to 3/4 inch may make it really bouncy. DAMN!! I wish I had the 18" rims!!