C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

taillight conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 03:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 c300
taillight conversion

so i was thinking the other day about the taillights and the lighting setup cause i want to smoke my tails to match the car but all u that live in socal know how cops out here have nothing else better to do then to bug us.

So i was wondering if switching the lighting setup is possible. What i mean is taking the brake light and taillight and some how switching it to shine through the clear middle part of the housing. Then making the reverse light and blinker shine through the top and bottom part of the housing.

i know the taillights have no wires and there managed by a computer but there has to be some computer genius out there who could maybe, hopefully figure a way out. I know its a crazy thing to do and im not positive its even possible or what it would even look like but hey. I think out of the box sometimes. im not worried about the light color cause i could get a red chromed covered bulb for the brakes and tails.

I know im crazy to even think about this but oh well..
Old 08-30-2008, 12:46 PM

08 c300
neone? neone?
Old 08-30-2008, 08:13 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Take a pill

Originally Posted by michaeljdunn
so i was thinking the other day about the taillights and the lighting setup cause i want to smoke my tails to match the car but all u that live in socal know how cops out here have nothing else better to do then to bug us.

So i was wondering if switching the lighting setup is possible. What i mean is taking the brake light and taillight and some how switching it to shine through the clear middle part of the housing. Then making the reverse light and blinker shine through the top and bottom part of the housing.

i know the taillights have no wires and there managed by a computer but there has to be some computer genius out there who could maybe, hopefully figure a way out. I know its a crazy thing to do and im not positive its even possible or what it would even look like but hey. I think out of the box sometimes. im not worried about the light color cause i could get a red chromed covered bulb for the brakes and tails.

I know im crazy to even think about this but oh well..
I don't know whether Lithium could curb these impulses or not.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:26 PM

08 c300
yeam i know but im wondering if its even possible. My service guy is gonna hold me some taillights if some come through the collision department.. Hes just gonna give them to me and then i can use those as testers.. Ne guidance would be most greatly appreciated..