C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

World Premier Of The 45 mpg C-Class

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 R350 & 2008 C300
Originally Posted by chilledbenz
Yeah keep in mind that the price of the diesel engine will be more than its gasoline counter part. It also costs more to service the diesel engine, such as using more oil than its gasoline counter part. Plus this is the new BlueTEC version and will require a urea tank to be filled at each servicing too. To me with all this added cost, plus the fact that gasoline prices have dropped and are now cheaper than diesel prices and I already get mid 30's in mpg, the addition of a few more mpg most likely won't balance out the price I have to pay for the engine or its maintenance.

There is also a review of a GLK BlueTEC in the newest Car and Driver in which they fell in love with all the torque, but found out that at highway speeds you have to plan two car lengths ahead if you want to pass as the power at higher rpms just isn't there (210 hp, all the torque is given in the first two gears). This car will be a welcomed site to those Europeans where gasoline is more per gallon than diesel, but in the States it just doesn't add up for me, unless your one of those people that loves to brag about every single mpg you get per tank no matter how much you paid to get it.
Correction to my quote, it is a ML 320 BlueTEC that they tested and not the GLK 320 BlueTEC.