2009 Production? - MBWorld.org Forums

Notices
C-Class (W204) 2008-Present: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

2009 Production?

 
Old 09-10-2008, 08:32 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
02 VW Jetta, 09 C230
Thumbs down 2009 Production?

Hi there, I purchased a 2009 C230 4matic, july 29, 2008, and I finally got a call from MB Downtown (Toronto); They told me that my car will be produced the 3rd week of October. Is this a reasonable wait for a car, 5 FRICKEN months?. What shall I do?
kleenex1234567 is offline  
Old 09-10-2008, 08:47 PM
  #2  
Super Moderator
 
Glyn M Ruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Llandudno, Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 19,902
Thanked 81 Times in 67 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Originally Posted by kleenex1234567 View Post
Hi there, I purchased a 2009 C230 4matic, july 29, 2008, and I finally got a call from MB Downtown (Toronto); They told me that my car will be produced the 3rd week of October. Is this a reasonable wait for a car, 5 FRICKEN months?. What shall I do?
Yes normal!
Glyn M Ruck is offline  
Old 09-10-2008, 09:13 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 275
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2013 C63 Coupe BS Conversion
Not outrageous but I wouldn't wait that long. I ordered the last week of July in the MB system, scheduled to be complete production by the end of this week, so more like 3 months to delivery, not 5 and even this waiting is killing me.
That being said, my dealership has 2 2008s I believe and a 2009 in the showroom so I'm sure Toronto could do a dealer trade if they wanted. PM me if you want any more details.
Craiger is offline  
Old 09-10-2008, 09:58 PM
  #4  
MBworld Guru
 
FrankW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Diamond Bar, CA
Posts: 22,007
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
white and whiter
Originally Posted by kleenex1234567 View Post
Hi there, I purchased a 2009 C230 4matic, july 29, 2008, and I finally got a call from MB Downtown (Toronto); They told me that my car will be produced the 3rd week of October. Is this a reasonable wait for a car, 5 FRICKEN months?. What shall I do?
end of july to end of october...wouldn't that be 3 months

that is normal btw for ordered car.
FrankW is offline  
Old 09-10-2008, 10:06 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 275
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2013 C63 Coupe BS Conversion
No, that's build date of October, which can be 3-4 weeks. Add another month for shipping, he won't get the car until mid-late December, 5 months after placing the order.
Craiger is offline  
Old 09-10-2008, 10:08 PM
  #6  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
02 VW Jetta, 09 C230
I purchased the car july 29, 08, got a call from my dealer today telling me that my car goes into production 3rd week of october, and I take delivery of the car the the first week of december. So from the time I purchased to the time it arrives at the dealer, that will be 5 months. Hope this clears things up, I asked the dealer if he can thow in an ipod integration for the long wait, do you think this is asking alot?.
kleenex1234567 is offline  
Old 09-10-2008, 10:18 PM
  #7  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,244
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C350 4Matic
Originally Posted by kleenex1234567 View Post
I purchased the car july 29, 08, got a call from my dealer today telling me that my car goes into production 3rd week of october, and I take delivery of the car the the first week of december. So from the time I purchased to the time it arrives at the dealer, that will be 5 months. Hope this clears things up, I asked the dealer if he can thow in an ipod integration for the long wait, do you think this is asking alot?.
No thats not asking alot. I think that you are being reasonable. I ordered in may and my car is finally on the boat. Im looking at 1st week Oct. Prodution delays and thing. Its out of your hands and even the dealers hands. What can you do . No matter to me, as much as I wanted it for summer there is always another summer next year.
451/443=EW is offline  
Old 09-10-2008, 10:21 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 275
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2013 C63 Coupe BS Conversion
To be honest, I'd be shopping around. I'm very impatient and likely not able to wait 5 months, if my dealer called me tomorrow saying the car wouldn't be in until December, I'd likely cancel. The problem with mine is that I wanted manual, and they are not easy to find. Automatics are pretty common and as I said, I think they have 3 of them on the lot at my dealership. Not sure why your dealer couldn't do a trade. They have a loaded black one in my dealer's showroom if interested.
Craiger is offline  
Old 09-10-2008, 10:28 PM
  #9  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
02 VW Jetta, 09 C230
I did call Midtown MB (Eglinton), and they said that if I purchased the car this weekend, I will still have to wait until December for delivery (he said these cars are flying off the lots) . I got a $1000 discount off MSRP, and Midtown could not match, so I guess I am stuck until december, I hope they can thow in the ipod intergration, for the delay.
kleenex1234567 is offline  
Old 09-10-2008, 10:29 PM
  #10  
MBworld Guru
 
FrankW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Diamond Bar, CA
Posts: 22,007
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
white and whiter
Originally Posted by Craiger View Post
No, that's build date of October, which can be 3-4 weeks. Add another month for shipping, he won't get the car until mid-late December, 5 months after placing the order.
actually from built date to deliver is only about a month. my C32 was built 3/1/2002 delivered 4/19/2002. The car was at the dealership for two wks before I went and picked it up. unless you have some really slow delivery time up north.
FrankW is offline  
Old 09-10-2008, 10:39 PM
  #11  
Member
 
drevil2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: GTA North
Posts: 150
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2011 BMW 335xi titanium silver.
I, like many, placed my order in just around the long weekend in August. I was hoping it will arrive in late September since I explained to the dealership that I did not want a lengthy down time without a vehicle.

From my last email with the dealership, the car is awaiting boat assignment. Delays due to storms in the Atlantic? When I get the VIN#, I can smile.

It's fairly annoying since I heard that Canada is getting a smaller allotment of C-class cars for 2009. This makes the car to be perceived a little more exclusive and I guess makes you want to hold out for one.

I canceled my order for the new B8 Audi A4 since they expect the sports premium model (with nav, paddle shifters and B&O stereo) to arrive in late November. DOH!
drevil2k2 is offline  
Old 09-10-2008, 10:47 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 275
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2013 C63 Coupe BS Conversion
Shipping is anywhere from 3-5 weeks here in Ontario and build is 2-4 weeks so at the absolute best would be 5 weeks from beginning of production to delivery but could be as much as 9 weeks. I sure hope mine is not 9 but it is in the 3rd week of production already, still no VIN #.
Craiger is offline  
Old 09-10-2008, 11:00 PM
  #13  
Member
 
drevil2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: GTA North
Posts: 150
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2011 BMW 335xi titanium silver.
Originally Posted by kleenex1234567 View Post
I did call Midtown MB (Eglinton), and they said that if I purchased the car this weekend, I will still have to wait until December for delivery (he said these cars are flying off the lots) . I got a $1000 discount off MSRP, and Midtown could not match, so I guess I am stuck until december, I hope they can thow in the ipod intergration, for the delay.
As you know, the GTA dealerships are now amalgamated. Stock is low everywhere in Ontario, but dealerships get production vehicle allotments. Have you tried calling outside the GTA - say Kitchener and hear what they have to say?
drevil2k2 is offline  
Old 09-10-2008, 11:12 PM
  #14  
MBworld Guru
 
FrankW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Diamond Bar, CA
Posts: 22,007
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
white and whiter
Originally Posted by Craiger View Post
Shipping is anywhere from 3-5 weeks here in Ontario and build is 2-4 weeks so at the absolute best would be 5 weeks from beginning of production to delivery but could be as much as 9 weeks. I sure hope mine is not 9 but it is in the 3rd week of production already, still no VIN #.
sucks up north for delivery time then

but it's well worth the wait.
FrankW is offline  
Old 09-10-2008, 11:16 PM
  #15  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
02 VW Jetta, 09 C230
I have not tried a dealer outside the GTA, MB Downtown is the closest to my home, so it was convienent. If Canada is getting a smaller allotment then I guess it is worth the 5 month wait (know wonder I don't see many C's on the road in T.O)
kleenex1234567 is offline  
Old 09-11-2008, 05:46 PM
  #16  
Almost a Member!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Apollo Beach, Florida
Posts: 42
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C350 black/black
Did they give u a loaner while you are waiting?
If not, ask them for a loaner
cuoinon07 is offline  
Old 09-11-2008, 07:24 PM
  #17  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
02 VW Jetta, 09 C230
Got a call from my dealer today and can you believe that he could not even give me an ipod adaptor for my trouble . I am VERY DISAPPOINTED with the service I received from MB Downtown (Toronto). I guess $1000 off MSRP and $1000 off freight I received when I purchased the car is about the maximum they could do. But I am still upset at they way I have be treated!.
kleenex1234567 is offline  
Old 09-11-2008, 08:13 PM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 275
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2013 C63 Coupe BS Conversion
As I mentioned and others....call some dealers outside the GTA! There is an '09 sitting in the showroom of the dealership here and they'll probably give you $1,000 off and your ipod kit! I would not settle with a dealership that treats you like that. Take your hard-earned money to somebody that will treat you right.
Craiger is offline  
Old 09-11-2008, 08:15 PM
  #19  
Super Moderator
 
Glyn M Ruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Llandudno, Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 19,902
Thanked 81 Times in 67 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Originally Posted by kleenex1234567 View Post
Got a call from my dealer today and can you believe that he could not even give me an ipod adaptor for my trouble . I am VERY DISAPPOINTED with the service I received from MB Downtown (Toronto). I guess $1000 off MSRP and $1000 off freight I received when I purchased the car is about the maximum they could do. But I am still upset at they way I have be treated!.
I think you have a fair deal.
Glyn M Ruck is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2009 Production?


Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: