C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

U.S. Paddle Shift Install?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 02:20 PM

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
08 C300
Originally Posted by RLE
Even if the wheel was a direct substitute for the US version, what about the wiring and where and how would you connect it? The US models aren't configured for paddle shifters and it's possible that they cannot be since all the software is country-dependent.
this is from my rough guess.
i believe gear selector +/- is not mechanic switch. it's electronic switch.
if this is the case, you can just tap paddle +/- to gear selector +/-.
to me, this is no different than BMW's steptronic which paddle shifter has been DIYed by many drivers on BMW e46 forums.

of course, if you want to install it MB way, it's going to be alot more than just tapping wires.

by all means, please don't take my word for it tho. like i said, it's rough guess.

for example,
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=paddle

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ghlight=paddle

Last edited by white46; 09-25-2008 at 02:27 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 Mercedes C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by VaderSS
Thanks guys...

whkento... I would love the part #....

RLE, micropower99, madracer..... yup u guys have valid points.... I do have a connection in the service department (we play xbox live). On his access level he can not see ROW vehicle parts... he also claims the set up is there( to his info) and is just plug in...??? he claims that there is a check box not grayed on in the factory diag tool???

Now I agree with you guys that that would be to easy, however with stuff like the reprogram for the reverse camera(which we don’t have in US) already loaded into the Command system this paddle shifter seems possible?

I may be going down a long road for what would be mostly aesthetic.... Sometimes the U.S. just gets shorted on car options and features.... just wished I wasn’t the only one in the U.S. looking to add this mod….
I am totally wanting to do this mod as well but just never thought of going through with it because of the dilemma with the cables and the paddel shifter. I was though thinking of seriously putting on a C63 steering wheel but what always kept me from doing so was the thought that it might void some type of warranty?

Btw whats your xbox live screen name? Mines "micropower99"
Old 09-25-2008, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 w204 c350 || 06 Audi a4 2.0T
very interesting topic, I too am interested. On my Audi, when I retrofitted steering wheels, it was basically plug and play and I needed to use VAG to recode my steering wheel for tiptronic.

I am interested to know, so I am subscribing! When driving the benz, I really miss the trip controls, makes driving soooo much fun
Old 09-25-2008, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK500 SPORT
if any one witha euro spec car would put the vin in the epc and get a part # for the steering wheel and to see if there are any extra connection. This would help im thinkin its in the software maybe a reprogram to the transmission
Old 04-23-2012, 01:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350 2011
Originally Posted by drevil2k2
Caught my eye on edmonds.com:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=119950

"To get the most out of the seven-speed automatic, the new Sport Agility package quickens up shift action generally and also adds shift paddles mounted on the steering wheel. Unfortunately the Sport Agility package won't be available in the U.S. until the 2009 C-Class is introduced, and without it there's too much delay for us during downshifts".

I know the review is old, but might be coming to US. Read also in previous posts that in Canada, the 2009.5 C350 will have the paddle shifters.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/230391-2009-c-class.html#post2775170

Unfortunately, there hasn't been anyone in Canada getting their C350's to confirm this (and then possibly figure it out).
I own 2011 c350 with all package in Canada I can confirm that this model does not have shift peddles on the steering wheel I wish it did thou. But I will take a look at it inside to see if it does or doesn't have the connectors