C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Windows Tinted

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 11:44 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
C43 AMG Sedan Update GLE 43 SVU - A200 W177
Originally Posted by khearon
I understand the way the poser police are processing this now.

You guys sound like the type of people that are defined by what you drive. It's okay to be in search of higher status. If we all can say that AMG cars are truly defined by their engines (we all know this fact), why give the guy a hard time over a badge??? How about write a letter to the magnificent AMG folks to get them to put serial numbers on the AMG material (badges / exhausts / body kits) that matches the VINs of cars designated by the factory. Maybe the guy shoud get a citation? How dare he commit such a crime?!

It appears that owning an authentic AMG is the holy grail of automobile ownership. Not saying it isn't, but if we all know that what matters is what's under the hood, why let someone else's "individually purchased badge" get you all excited? That's not directed at anyone in particular...just the general AMG "jock riders" around the forum. All of them.....

I have to say that I love them all, they're really nice cars....but the badge will not make him any faster or help with value. The AMG appearance package that Mercedes adds to sell otherwise bland looking cars will not enhance your driving experience either. As a matter of fact, seems that all AMGs appear to be depreciating at an alarming rate.

I still say the car looks pretty damn good....It's a very tastefully done car. The wheels are nice also. I think that's all the guy was trying to accomplish.

I've got to sign off now to let my wife know she needs to get home ASAP!! She has a C300 with that "unauthorized" AMG body kit and wheels! I hope she hasn't gotten a ticket already from the poser police....
Here Here, Say no more
Old 10-04-2008, 05:35 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 - C200K : 2002 - C200K
Thumbs up

nice one Marty...well played mate, she looks hot!