C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Seat Covers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 02:07 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Sport
Seat Covers?

Hi all,
First of all please don't flame me on this but I have a question and yes I did a search already

I picked up my C300 yesterday at Sindelfingen Plant here in Germany. My interior color choice was the Black/Grey combo. Looks great IMHO however it is a little lighter than the samples I saw for it (perhaps it darkens over time) I did get the real leather not MB Tex.

Now, on to the question, anyone know of a seat cover set for this car? I'm sure they exist but I want nice ones fitted for the car or maybe just the driver seat as I'm required to wear a uniform (it's not filthy like a mechanic or something) but I feel it will make the seat quite dirty over a short period of time and want to protect the seating surface as much as possible.

thanks for your assitance.
Shawn
Old 10-16-2008, 03:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
W205 C400
Originally Posted by C300SportFahrer
Hi all,
First of all please don't flame me on this but I have a question and yes I did a search already

I picked up my C300 yesterday at Sindelfingen Plant here in Germany. My interior color choice was the Black/Grey combo. Looks great IMHO however it is a little lighter than the samples I saw for it (perhaps it darkens over time) I did get the real leather not MB Tex.

Now, on to the question, anyone know of a seat cover set for this car? I'm sure they exist but I want nice ones fitted for the car or maybe just the driver seat as I'm required to wear a uniform (it's not filthy like a mechanic or something) but I feel it will make the seat quite dirty over a short period of time and want to protect the seating surface as much as possible.

thanks for your assitance.
Shawn
Hi Shawn, first off all congrats with your car.....

I know there are seat covers as an OEM part for the W204 here in Europe, but they aren't availlable in leather, so you can put them in your washing machine when they are dirty. Dont know if you can order them in the US, they cost here about 122,00 EURO for each seat, including headrest.

Part # A20497001889G31 is for the left seat, in color Brighton black, may be you can ask your local dealer if they can order it??

Dont know if it fit in cars with sportpackage .... but may be your dealer can give you some info about it.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
Originally Posted by Petje

I know there are seat covers as an OEM part for the W204 here in Europe, but they aren't availlable in leather, so you can put them in your washing machine when they are dirty. Dont know if you can order them in the US, they cost here about 122,00 EURO for each seat, including headrest.

Part # A20497001889G31 is for the left seat, in color Brighton black, may be you can ask your local dealer if they can order it??

Dont know if it fit in cars with sportpackage .... but may be your dealer can give you some info about it.
My front seats have "AIRBAG" written on the side of them.I would suggest that you do some research into the effects on airbag safety when installing seat covers.

My philosophy is to enjoy the new seats as they are & then fit lambs wool when they are becoming tatty.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:43 AM

08-C350 black/black
sheepskin inserts...
Old 10-16-2008, 03:59 AM
Almost a Member!

C300 Sport
Originally Posted by Petje

No problem, i'll check with the dealer here afterall i am located in Germany so a euro part # works. I was thinking sheepskin too because I should be able to get that in a close color.

Shawn
Old 10-16-2008, 05:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W205 C400
Originally Posted by C300SportFahrer
No problem, i'll check with the dealer here afterall i am located in Germany so a euro part # works. I was thinking sheepskin too because I should be able to get that in a close color.

Shawn

Hi Shawn, look at de German MB website, you can go to an accessoires configurator: http://www.mb-configurator.net/mba/w...lgrp=300402001
Old 10-16-2008, 05:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W205 C400
Originally Posted by Carsy
My front seats have "AIRBAG" written on the side of them.I would suggest that you do some research into the effects on airbag safety when installing seat covers.

My philosophy is to enjoy the new seats as they are & then fit lambs wool when they are becoming tatty.
I think that they thought about that by MB and that a OEM Mercedes part wont give any problems with an airbag in your seat, because as far i know, every W204 has the airbags
Old 10-16-2008, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

From the horses mouth ( ie Page 54 of manual) :- " For safety reasons , MB recommends that you only use seat covers that have been tested for use in MB vehicles & are fitted with a special tear seam for side bags.Otherwise, a sidebag may not inflate correctly & fail to provide the intended protection in the event of an accident.You can obtain these covers from a MB service centre"
Old 10-16-2008, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
Check this auction. The seller has a few different color combo's available I don't speak German but I am sure we have a member or two here that do.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Schonbezuege-S...d=p3286.c0.m14

Last edited by Ron Jr; 10-16-2008 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Added Image
Old 10-16-2008, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Australian Sheep skin seat covers.Links.

http://www.jumbucksheepskins.com/

ozwool.net/car-seat-covers
Old 10-16-2008, 08:12 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Covering the seat airbags

Exactly right. You must not cover the side airbags unless the covers are made specifically for your car with a tearaway seam over them.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 4matic
Katzkin makes custom leather seat covers even for those equipped with side airbags:
www.katzkin.com

They do all kinds of custom detailing like two-tone inserts, contrasting piping and stitching.

Last edited by aowhaus; 10-17-2008 at 12:30 AM.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:43 AM

C 300
Australian Sheep skin seat covers.Links.

http://www.jumbucksheepskins.com/

ozwool.net/car-seat-covers

You have to be very careful about sheepskin covers. Most of them (and I have no idea what the quality of jumbuck is) do two things: stain, very lightly, leather or vinyl underneath the skin (don't know if that's from remaining natural oils, or from the chemicals used to tan the hide), and with time and exposure to sunlight the hair starts shedding. Any sheepskin cover I've seen also has from a very light, to a fairly heavy odor to it, as well, which may be a concern for some.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Distalero
Any sheepskin cover I've seen also has from a very light, to a fairly heavy odor to it, as well, which may be a concern for some.
I love that smell. My wife home spun & knitted a woollen jumper once from a ram. When ever I was caught in the rain the smell was accentuated & the dogs used to chase me !!