C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

No Loaner Vehicles @ Mercedes Benz (what the..)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
It's probably because you didn't buy the car from them ... of the 2 merc dealers here, only one does loaners and only if you bought the car from them. Which I didn't.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
E350 Sport/ML350RWD
I get a loaner for Warranty repair or scheduled maintenance.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:03 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Loaners

Originally Posted by jstaneff
This situation may be a harbinger of things to come .... with our down-turned auto market, it may be a place where a dealer can cut costs to stay alive.

My experience at Service A was a similar experience, but I "stood my ground' and managed to get a loaner. But it left a bad taste in my mouth.

I've always had excellent service from Honda dealers, as was stated above. For my Volvos, that's varied depending on the dealer. One gives loaners, one is too small and I shuffle the cars or take a long walk while they do the service. One used to shuttle me to work and back, but the last time I used them they had a loaner.

I'm thinking it might become a past luxury. Local dealers (not lux brands) are withering up and blowing away in the winds of recession. If it means I have to shuffle cars to get the MB serviced, but that there's still a dealer around to do it, I can manage the shuffle.
I always make an advance appointment, for example a Tuesday and inform them that I will be bringing the car in Monday afternoon for pickup whenever it's ready and I will require a loaner. And I always get one. There is no way I'm showing up at 0730 on the day of the appointment. And if it turns out the car is not ready on Tuesday, I just keep the loaner until it is ready.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:58 AM

C300 Sport
We bought the car and now service with Brumos Motors in Jacksonville, FL. And so far, we have had exceptional service provided to us. Incidentally we dropped off the car today for the 12K miles service and got another C as loaner. Of course, we called ahead and reserved an appointment and the service personnel gave us an appointment on a day when a loaner was available.

To beat the proverbial dead horse,

(sorry - couldn't resist!!) loaner is dealer dependent and I've heard some dealers not giving loaners for customers who purchased their car at a different dealership too. But, so far we have had more than satisfactory experiences at our dealer.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:40 AM

E350 4MATIC
MB of Freehold NJ always provides me wit a Loner, even for same day service. They have excellent customer service.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:45 PM

2008 C350
I always get a loaner....World Wide Mercedes of Indianapolis. The past few times, they've even picked my car up from work and left another C class for me.

As others have said, the loaners are dealer dependent.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:23 PM

2004 E 55
Las Vegas is a very small town with an even smaller population that can afford to drive a Mercedes Benz; the economic demographics of Las Vegas can't support more than one MB dealership which gives Fletcher Jones of Las Vegas no competition. I have a 2004 E55 and frankly, getting it serviced correctly is next to impossible. AMG's seem to be above the competence level of their service department.

Recently, I had some work done on the brakes in which they installed non AMG incorrect parts and forgot a few parts resulting in two more visits to FJ. Sadly, this did not correct the issue and ruined a rotor and pad that was just installed.

As much as I enjoy owning a Mercedes and a long time MB owner, the next car will have to be another brand other than Mercedes. The same can be said regarding owning a BMW here, one dealership, no competition.

Lets face it, Las Vegas is a Chevy, Ford, Hyundai or Honda oriented town.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by xvarknav
Las Vegas is a very small town with an even smaller population that can afford to drive a Mercedes Benz; the economic demographics of Las Vegas can't support more than one MB dealership which gives Fletcher Jones of Las Vegas no competition. I have a 2004 E55 and frankly, getting it serviced correctly is next to impossible. AMG's seem to be above the competence level of their service department.

Recently, I had some work done on the brakes in which they installed non AMG incorrect parts and forgot a few parts resulting in two more visits to FJ. Sadly, this did not correct the issue and ruined a rotor and pad that was just installed.

As much as I enjoy owning a Mercedes and a long time MB owner, the next car will have to be another brand other than Mercedes. The same can be said regarding owning a BMW here, one dealership, no competition.

I guess a loaded Genesis V8 for 42k is not too bad....
Old 02-17-2009, 12:29 AM

C300 4Matic
I never got a loaner, when I took in my car for a service. They provided a courtesy ride home or they call a cab paid for to send you home.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 R350 & 2008 C300
My dealership always provides a loaner car if requested when making the service appointment. You are required to bring it back with the same amount of fuel as when it left, or your charged a crazy amount to refuel it, something like $5 bucks a gallon lol. When I bought my first car from them there were E class loaners, then ML and now w204 C classes. They sell their loaners as used cars after so many miles and give good deals on them. I would assume the loaner car program will continue even with the economy in the state that its in, but I would guess they won't be updating the loaner cars as often as they would normally.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:23 AM

09 C350
Originally Posted by ni2mi2
We bought the car and now service with Brumos Motors in Jacksonville, FL. And so far, we have had exceptional service provided to us. Incidentally we dropped off the car today for the 12K miles service and got another C as loaner. Of course, we called ahead and reserved an appointment and the service personnel gave us an appointment on a day when a loaner was available.

To beat the proverbial dead horse,

(sorry - couldn't resist!!) loaner is dealer dependent and I've heard some dealers not giving loaners for customers who purchased their car at a different dealership too. But, so far we have had more than satisfactory experiences at our dealer.
The three states that I've had an experience with MBenz (Hawaii, Oregon, Florida) the dealerships have always given out loaners. The dealership that I'm now with in Tampa gives loaners for any work over 2 hours, and if they don't have an estimate at the time of drop-off it's an automatic loaner. They are using 08 C300's.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
FJ of LV has always taken care of me. That's interesting that they are not giving you a loaner.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:04 PM

2004 E 55
Too bad that Fletcher Jones of Las Vegas has to order a tool all the way from Germany to make a repair on my 2004 AMG. Needless to say, once the car returns from the shop it is to be replaced with another brand! As nice as Mercedes Benz automobiles are, I'll never own another. What good is a car if it spends three weeks in a shop awaiting a tool that thee dealer should have on hand?
Old 02-17-2009, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
Too bad that Fletcher Jones of Las Vegas has to order a tool all the way from Germany to make a repair on my 2004 AMG. Needless to say, once the car returns from the shop it is to be replaced with another brand! As nice as Mercedes Benz automobiles are, I'll never own another. What good is a car if it spends three weeks in a shop awaiting a tool that thee dealer should have on hand?
Definitly stay away from SAAB then. Mine spent more time in the shop waiting for parts or SPECIAL tools to come from Sweden than I care to remember. This was pre GM days maybe they got better.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:05 PM

09 C350
Originally Posted by Ron Jr
Definitly stay away from SAAB then. Mine spent more time in the shop waiting for parts or SPECIAL tools to come from Sweden than I care to remember. This was pre GM days maybe they got better.
That's too bad, for a while there I was liking the 9-5 Turbo's but shied away due to their maintenance record.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:08 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500

Don't even get me started on the FJ of Las Vegas crooks or Las Vegas in general.

Not an M-B town is correct.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:25 PM

civic
I guess that, it depends upon the dealer.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:39 PM
MVS

C63, Rs4, Lotus, DKW, Volvo +
Alot of dealerships are cutting back on the amount of cars they have for service since each dealer has to pay out of pocket to put each in loaner service anyways.

Some are moving to rental agencies, others are just downgrading what they provide as a loan car at all.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:05 PM

2006 Mercedes-Benz C230
I know MB of El Dorado Hills doesn't have many loaners, nor does MB of Sacramento (if they do, they're messed up)...

Laguna Niguel has a ton of nice 203s
Old 02-24-2009, 08:22 PM

they got C350 loaners here in tucson
Old 02-24-2009, 08:31 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Loaners

Originally Posted by cdye12
The three states that I've had an experience with MBenz (Hawaii, Oregon, Florida) the dealerships have always given out loaners. The dealership that I'm now with in Tampa gives loaners for any work over 2 hours, and if they don't have an estimate at the time of drop-off it's an automatic loaner. They are using 08 C300's.
My dealer in Seattle is down to six loaners but I had one since yesterday when I took my C300 in for it's first A-service plus some other work I paid for. I am a very long time customer, however.

I put about 20 miles on a 2009 C300 Sport. Interesting comparison with my '08 C300 Lux.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'14 ML350 GONE-'12 GL450/'10 E550/'10 ML350/'09 C300/'07 ML350/'03 E320
I'm on my third MB and back in 2003, I could get a MB loaner no matter where I bought the car, that was when MB had the no charge maintenance program, with my 2nd (2007) and 3rd MB (2009), I get an MB loaner only if I bought the car from the dealership (MB Beverly Hills in my case). Sorry if this is repetitious info
Old 02-25-2009, 01:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C350

Interesting, I always thought the opposite of LV... you guys have the #1 volume Ferrari dealer in the world at the Wynn right?
Old 02-25-2009, 01:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
07 E63 06 CLK55 Cab 03 P-car C4S
MB's in the SF bay area have mostly outsourced their rentals to Enterprise. while there are some MB's there, it's only about 5% of the fleet. therefore, there's no likelihood of getting an MB. given how much MB dealers make charging $140/hr labor while paying their techs $15-25/hr(plus LOTS more on parts), i'm surprised they don't try harder to keep customers happy. the only thing that's really helping the MB dealers is that the local indep shops are also trying to charge $110+/hr for labor.
Patrick
Old 02-25-2009, 03:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
Oil change takes just about an hour, so I prefer wait than deal with a loaner or shuttle.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: No Loaner Vehicles @ Mercedes Benz (what the..)