C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

C300 packages

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 11:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
soon
Cool C300 packages

For the C300 sport,i am thinking about the premium package's, however i am also thinking about the Multimedia package, which is cheaper but is the only way to get the COMAND system, which is amazing. however i was watching a video that said i could watch movies on the comand system when the car is stopped, can anyone elaborate on that. And which do u think is more worth it, one of the premium packages or the multimedia package, thx
Old 12-17-2008, 12:36 AM

08 c300 And 2007 Porsche C4S (997)-Sold
i happen too love my multimedia package. and it does play dvds which i happen to use alot while my wife does the christmas shopping lol
Old 12-17-2008, 12:06 PM

528i, GLK
are you talking about Premium 1 package or Premium 2 package?

I think P1 is a must, it comes with alot of basic features, garage door opener, memory/heated seats, auto dimming mirrors, basically any cars over 30k should have but ofcourse its optional on MB.

If i had to choose, I would go P1 over MM.

if fact, I dont' recall seeing any dealer stock with MM and no P1 package.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:53 PM

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
2020 GLC300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by webada

I think P1 is a must, it comes with alot of basic features, garage door opener, memory/heated seats, auto dimming mirrors, basically any cars over 30k should have but ofcourse its optional on MB.

It really depends what type of person you are too... I'm a techie, so I love technology filled cars. That being said, if I had to choose over Premium 1/2 over Multimedia package, I would go with the MM AND iPod kit in a heartbeat.

If your not in love with electronics like me, go with P1/2 because there's less to break. I fear the day my flip up screen snaps or stops moving, or the navigation HD fails or gets bad sectors, or COMMAND has to be replaced, or... who knows! With all the gadgets I got, I also got the extended warranty.

PS - you can only watch movies while parked but its incredible. Amazing sound (surround sound), and rather decently sized display for the distance you'll be looking at it.

- Eric
Old 12-17-2008, 07:07 PM

2009 C300 sport
Originally Posted by webada

My C300 is basic model without P1 only with Ipod connector.
Actually, I don't think I need any thing from P1, since it just my personal car. ( We have another SUV for whole family)
So, the seat won't be changed. Also, I won't have the chance to watch DVD in this car. So, I told dealer that I need nothing but the car.
Someone said that the dealer did not import C300 without option in US. I think it's not true. If you insist, they will find one for you. Of course, the more options you add, the more money they get.

Last edited by brwnyc; 12-17-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Why not find a 2008 model with P2 and MM
Old 12-17-2008, 08:48 PM

08-C350 black/black
gotta get he MM..too many features youd be missing out on....
Old 12-17-2008, 08:59 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Which packages?

Originally Posted by samwapi
For the C300 sport,i am thinking about the premium package's, however i am also thinking about the Multimedia package, which is cheaper but is the only way to get the COMAND system, which is amazing. however i was watching a video that said i could watch movies on the comand system when the car is stopped, can anyone elaborate on that. And which do u think is more worth it, one of the premium packages or the multimedia package, thx
Now that I have been driving my C300 for 14 months, I am very glad I specified P2 and Multimedia. There are more than a few on this forum who have bought bare bones cars who have regretted it, coming back crying about some of the MM features that they want to add to their standard low-fi radios.

If you are planning to keep the car for five or six years I can guarantee you that will regret cutting corners now. I use the folding rear seat frequently and I could not get along without the Bi-Xenon headlights. I also use the rear window blind to protect the leather seats (in summer, not now) and I think that when the time comes to change cars, a well equipped car will look more attractive to the buyer than a stripper.

One thing you absolutely do not need is the Panorama roof since it's just a status symbol, for some people. All that glass is heavy plus it puts that weight up high, just where you don't want it.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RLE
Now that I have been driving my C300 for 14 months, I am very glad I specified P2 and Multimedia. There are more than a few on this forum who have bought bare bones cars who have regretted it, coming back crying about some of the MM features that they want to add to their standard low-fi radios.

If you are planning to keep the car for five or six years I can guarantee you that will regret cutting corners now. I use the folding rear seat frequently and I could not get along without the Bi-Xenon headlights. I also use the rear window blind to protect the leather seats (in summer, not now) and I think that when the time comes to change cars, a well equipped car will look more attractive to the buyer than a stripper.

One thing you absolutely do not need is the Panorama roof since it's just a status symbol, for some people. All that glass is heavy plus it puts that weight up high, just where you don't want it.
+1 Even though I do like the Pano-roof, P2, leather, and MM are more important.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 4matic
for me the P1 is a must, and I chose the P2 over the MM package because I really wanted the bi-xenon headlights, LED tail lights and most importantly the rear split folding rear seats as I often haul large items and snowboarding gear.

The stock stereo sounded great so paying over $3,000 to get the Nav system is a bit too expensive for me.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:41 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
I really like the Multimedia Package. The Harmon/Kardon surround sound while watching DVD movie is pretty nice. Sometimes I actually do enjoy watching a movie in the car (and with heated seat ON) while waiting for my wife.

The voice control in the Multimedia Package works amazingly well too. We can enter the city/street/etc. names in full words while driving, as well as can control most of the radio/CD/navigation fuctions. After being spoiled by the voice control, we wouldn't hope to go back pressing all the buttons again (especially while entering GPS destinations.)

The Multimedia Package may not be a must have option, but it definitely adds some nice features to the car.

With best regards,
Old 12-18-2008, 11:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 C200 AMG line, '08 C300 Sport Avantgarde, '07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd, '02 CLK 200 (gone)
Although I'm not familiar with the option packages in the US, I can say that I can't imagine this car without the Multimedia / COMAND system. I would NOT want a C-class without it.

'nuff said.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:03 AM

528i, GLK
Originally Posted by axhoaxho
I really like the Multimedia Package. The Harmon/Kardon surround sound while watching DVD movie is pretty nice. Sometimes I actually do enjoy watching a movie in the car (and with heated seat ON) while waiting for my wife.
Since the OP is asking P1/P2 vs MM, then the question really is: would you enjoy watching a movie in the car without the heated seats? :-)

Obviously the best option here is to get P2 with MM. Its got all the features that a modem entry-level luxury car should have. Its a no brainer.
But, the OP seem to have some constraints on getting both. So lets stick to that context:

To me, having an integrated garage door opener (as suppose to some ugly remote hanging over my head) is valuable and more useful on a daily basis than watching DVDs unless ofcourse you don't park in a garage. plus, i don't have a wife to wait on shopping.

If you want to impress girls/friends/whomever, than MM is a guarantee "wow" factor and therefore a must have. No one will ever notice the missing garage buttons or auto dimming mirrors or the memory seats except for you.

so really depends on your lifestyle and environment since the features of the two packages service different needs.

Last edited by webada; 12-19-2008 at 11:07 AM.