C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Just my luck

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 04:17 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c350
Just my luck

Went snowboarding yesterday, and while coming home, I hit a pot hole and my right side tires (both front and back) was flat....sigh, i never had a flat tires in my 7 years of driving...any who, called up my insurance company and was able to get a tow truck with the bed to come pick me up and bring me to a MB dealer in NJ.

Received a phone call from them today....it'll cost $660 bucks to replace the two tires and do a wheel alignment....rape! But, I can't really do anything about it.

Interesting though, my tire pressure monitor didn't go off at all when I hit the pot hole, I wonder if I broke that on impact.

Also, I have a question...if they replace the front & back wheels on my right side....wouldnt that affect the driving condition because the tread is new and all? I looked up online and found out the front and back wheels have two different width..or else I could switch the two old ones to the back wheels and put 2 new wheels in the front.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C300 Sport
660 for a pair of tires and alingment sounds reasonable. If urs is not 4matic replacing just the fronts or just the rears is acceptable but not ideal. However, replacing just rights or lefts is a no no because different wear on tires will stress out the diff
Old 01-19-2009, 07:03 PM

04 S430 4Matic/03 Ml 320/ 98' E320 4matic/ 73' slc 450/ 05 cherokee
happend to a lawyer buddy of mine in CT (well it was actually road work, without signs, etc. but he said the town indicated to him they have helped out individuals in your case...)...he called up the town and they took care EVERYTHING...and his rims were bent...worth a shot?

gooooodluck bro...sucks how a good day of boarding can turn into an annoying day eh?

4matic
Old 01-19-2009, 08:22 PM
Almost a Member!

c350
spotless - i have the c350 so it only comes in a rear wheel drive, atleast for US version. yea, im not sure what to do if they've replace the right side only...but i only have 6,400 miles on my car, i think the tread are still good on the left side, but i know, it's still worn out....but i dont really want to waste more money and buy a set for the left side.

4matic - this is the first im hearing about this, but i can contact my lawyer and see if theres anything can be done...but i wasnt driving through a construction area....yea, tell me about it, the moutain had fluffy snow and it was first time i did snowboarding at night time....it sucks, but overall, the insurance lady/police office/tow truck guy was helpful and didnt make the situation worst.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 R350 & 2008 C300
You mentioned you called your insurance company for a tow, not sure if it cost you for that tow, but remember your in a Benz and you have free roadside assistance. They will tow you to the nearest MB service center on a flatbed free of charge.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:48 AM

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
2008 C350-Sport-AMG-Active Agility Pack + B170 2008+Mitsibishi+Mazda
Exclamation Puncture

Ok, I had a slow puncture recently, and after taking off it took quite a feew hundred meters for the car to alarm me. I would say the tyre was half to 3/4 inflated. It senses the condition by monitoring the wheelspeeds, no pressure sensors fitted to my car, C350.

I can imagine in an abrupt failure, you may be quicker than the alarm system, in your case the pothole-hit of course allarmed you, then the sudden loss off air, but it could turn out nasty in some cases if driver is not aware of flat wheel.

I am not sure if two wheels flat on same side would confuse the alarm system ??
Old 01-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Almost a Member!

c350
chilledbenz - i had actually called MB roadside assistance, but the person said i would have to pay for the tow, the only thing that they provide is if i have a flat for one wheel, then they would have someone come and put on the spare, thats it....some service huh? maybe you're talking about the teleaide option for the car (which i dont have)

Moto Guzzi - yeah, im not sure why it didnt go off, i forgot to ask the guy when i picked up my car today, i guess i was too busy looking at the bill, haha. but i guess i can do a little experiment and let air out of my tires in my drive way and see if the alarm goes off?
Old 01-20-2009, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
so how does Roadside work - if the car is disabled because of some defect covered under warranty, MB pays to tow the car to the nearest dealer? But if its some incident the driver was involved in not related to a defect in the car, the owner pays?
Old 01-20-2009, 09:23 PM

08-C350 black/black
Originally Posted by nyca
so how does Roadside work - if the car is disabled because of some defect covered under warranty, MB pays to tow the car to the nearest dealer? But if its some incident the driver was involved in not related to a defect in the car, the owner pays?
YES...you still pay for the tow and then MB will reimburse you if the problem is covered under warranty.