C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

How to remove the grille from the car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C300 4Matic Sport
Just put on my C63 grill. I didn't have to remove anything except for the stock grill. I pushed in the bottom of the grill to unhook it from the clasps on the bottom and pulled it up. Slid the new one in and pulled it into place. Took about 15 mins.

Looks MUCH better...crappy cell phone pic...

Funny thing...changed the grill while at one of those self car washes. So I swap out the grills then pull it through one of the touchless bays. I pull out and I see smoke coming out from the front of the car. My first reaction...OH SHlT! I busted the radiator or one of the hoses when swapping the grill! Then i realized it was just the cold water/air hitting the hot radiator lol

Last edited by NJBNZ; 03-03-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NJBNZ
Just put on my C63 grill. I didn't have to remove anything except for the stock grill. I pushed in the bottom of the grill to unhook it from the clasps on the bottom and pulled it up. Slid the new one in and pulled it into place. Took about 15 mins.

Looks MUCH better...crappy cell phone pic...

Funny thing...changed the grill while at one of those self car washes. So I swap out the grills then pull it through one of the touchless bays. I pull out and I see smoke coming out from the front of the car. My first reaction...OH SHlT! I busted the radiator or one of the hoses when swapping the grill! Then i realized it was just the cold water/air hitting the hot radiator lol

thank god. If I was in that situation I would kill myself
Old 05-18-2011, 02:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB C220 Sport W204, 18" AMGs, Grey lthr, xenons, p'ktronic, HKardon, Comand nav.
Grille removal

Hi,

Finally got around to getting another grille (a C63 lookalike). Quality looks good and looking forward to a different look.
Took my OEM grille off without removing T bar or anything else, (thanks to one of the contributors advice!), but my aftermarket grille has a differently positioned T bar and the OEM one doesn't work. So now I've got to get that top piece of plastic off to swap the T bars over and its just not coming off. And I guess the covers to the headlamps. Read all the DIYs but it just ain't going anywhere. Don't want to break anything but any other ideas? Mine's a European C220 Sport.

If not I guess its down to the accident repairer - they'll know, but I'd like to do it myself. Thanks for any advice on an old subject.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 C300 Sport
Honestly I think the grille will stay in place fine without the T-bar there at all...