C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

iPod drained my car's battery???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C300 4Matic
iPod drained my car's battery???

Hi everyone,

I've done a search for this on the forum but can't find an answer. I connected my first gen iPod touch to my '09 C350 with Command through the MB iPod adapter in the glovebox. So everything was going great until I came back to my car. Out of curiosity before starting my car, I opened the glovebox and the iPod was still on and gave the indication it was fully charged. I tried to turn the car on and nothing. After a few attempts the car finally came on. Unless something else is up, I assumed the iPod would not continue charging when the car was off. It seems like too much of a coincidence that this happened the first day I used my iPod. Does anybody have any ideas??

Thanks!
Old 02-25-2009, 06:21 PM

2009 C-300 Sport
Originally Posted by southflguy
Hi everyone,

I've done a search for this on the forum but can't find an answer. I connected my first gen iPod touch to my '09 C350 with Command through the MB iPod adapter in the glovebox. So everything was going great until I came back to my car. Out of curiosity before starting my car, I opened the glovebox and the iPod was still on and gave the indication it was fully charged. I tried to turn the car on and nothing. After a few attempts the car finally came on. Unless something else is up, I assumed the iPod would not continue charging when the car was off. It seems like too much of a coincidence that this happened the first day I used my iPod. Does anybody have any ideas??

Thanks!

I noticed that too..but fortunately it hasnt been draining my battery.And also everytime I open the front door and open up the glove box my ipod always on.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
2017 E300
if you notice when you close your doors (and your still inside), the cars electronics are still running. you can hear a fan inside (not sure for non nav people) cooling the inside. after some time passes, it finally turns off, and thats when the ipod will stop charging.

also notice that when you open your door in the morning after the car has been off for some time, you will hear a click from the inside of the car somewhere, and that is the electronics turning back on, and thus the ipod will start charging again. that is why everytime you open the glove box, the ipod will be on.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350
Did the car tried to start but lacked power? If that is the case then it would be the battery. However, several member have had problems with the ignition when they turn the key and nothing happens, then after a while they try again and the car starts fine (nothing to do with the battery; even less with the ipod), could this be your case? If it is I think there's a service bulleting or something about it.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:10 PM

2015 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by Bokx_350
Did the car tried to start but lacked power? If that is the case then it would be the battery. However, several member have had problems with the ignition when they turn the key and nothing happens, then after a while they try again and the car starts fine (nothing to do with the battery; even less with the ipod), could this be your case? If it is I think there's a service bulleting or something about it.
Hmm.. when I tried starting the car it just did nothing at all. I pulled the key out and tried again and then it started up. This is the first time this has happened to me.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350
I dont think it has anything to do with the battery (or ipod). Check these threads and see if you can relate to them.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ont-start.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...sometimes.html
Old 02-25-2009, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
It's normal for things like the iPod to turn on before you even get into the car.
On the W203 the phone system / bluetooth puck turn on the moment you unlock the car from the key fob. I had originally thought something was wrong too.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 294 Likes on 223 Posts
E 300 AMG-Line diesel-Hybrid - 2021
had the same problem and dealer fixed it.
they said it had to do with the ant-theft system. ("start blocking system")
unfortunately i don't know what they did/repaired exactly.