C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Sirius Sat Module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport, RWD, US
A day later and now the satellite radio went into acquire signal mode. Called dealership and they're ordering the module.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 US Edition C300 Luxury 4-Matic
Originally Posted by JimPap
A day later and now the satellite radio went into acquire signal mode. Called dealership and they're ordering the module.
You and I have the same identical problem!

Good luck.

Nuke
Old 10-21-2009, 09:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 MB E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by nukefixer
This also happened to me, I first thought maybe after hitting a bump that something maybe loose, but its erratic when it happens.

Also I can be under clear blue sky and it goes out, no rhyme or reason.
Same problem here, at first I thought that my subscription ran out, but a day after it was back on... For me signal loss usually happens in the morning on the ride to work, coming home its OK. I even thought its just the new & imperfect technology... Now that I'm reading similar stories, I'm taking the car back for module replacement.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C300 Sport, RWD, US
The dealer installed the module this morning. I picked up the car about an hour ago and so far it hasn't locked up in acquire signal mode.

Fingers are crossed.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:47 PM

The dealer installed the module this morning. I picked up the car about an hour ago and so far it hasn't locked up in acquire signal mode.

Fingers are crossed.
My continuing saga with the Sirius Sat Module in my vehicle.

This morning I picked my vehicle up, they had kept it overnight.

I had new Michelin Pilot Sport All Season tires installed, purchased from "Tirerack".

They replaced the rear brake pads for free, after I showed them the thread from here about excessive brake dust. I had printed it out, I figured I'd wait and get a years worth of use out of the ones that were on there? So my strategy worked...... now lets see the reduced brake dust?

Installed for the 4th time a new Sat module and this time also installed a new antenna, so the headliner was removed in the back. They said they were on the phone with Germany all of yesterday and Germany wanted them to do more testing, which had already been performed on prior visits. The dealership told Germany they were replacing the sat module and the antenna this time and Germany agreed to keep the ticket "open" to see if this corrected the problem at last. At first Germany did not want to pay or authorize the antenna replacement, but they reluctantly agreed after the dealership insisted......

Again, no faults were indicated, upon disassembly, but I have driven there a few times to show them when its in "acquiring mode" so they knew!

So far I am impressed with the efforts of my dealership and will wait a few weeks and see what happens, they said they want to hear back, both good and bad results, along with Germany!

regards,

Nuke!
Old 10-30-2009, 01:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C300 Sport, RWD, US
Nuke,

I saw on my work order that the dealer tried a substitute antenna to see if that would correct the problem. It didn't help.

One thing that seems odd is that MB has the capacity to read error codes in just the radio and the radio isn't reporting any errors. I guess it wouldn't know the difference between loosing the signal in an underground parking facility vs being in the wide open.

I only drove my car about 30 minutes today so I didn't really have enough drive time for the sat radio to go out. Maybe tomorrow.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:24 PM

Nuke,

I saw on my work order that the dealer tried a substitute antenna to see if that would correct the problem. It didn't help.

One thing that seems odd is that MB has the capacity to read error codes in just the radio and the radio isn't reporting any errors. I guess it wouldn't know the difference between loosing the signal in an underground parking facility vs being in the wide open.

I only drove my car about 30 minutes today so I didn't really have enough drive time for the sat radio to go out. Maybe tomorrow.
Its been three days now and my sat radio hasn't missed a beat, even in the rainy cloudy weather... I'm crossing my fingers.... I'll report to the dealership in about 2 weeks and will also report here how I made out?

Nuke
Old 11-01-2009, 05:44 AM

2012 MB E350 Coupe
I took my car in and they think it's antenna. Ordered & will be replaced tomorrow. I will report what happens next.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C300 Sport, RWD, US
Nuke,

Yesterday, I drove around enough where it looks like the problem is gone.

Just out of curiosity, how long have you had your C car. I've had mine for right at 2 years when the problem started.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:56 PM

2012 MB E350 Coupe
Got my car back after the antenna replacement... one day without hick-ups.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Draz
Got my car back after the antenna replacement... one day without hick-ups.
Its been a little over a week and I am happy to report that my Sirius Sat radio has been working flawlessly, they, the dealership, replaced the antennae and the Sat module.
So for NO loss of signal at all, no matter the weather.
This is a HUGE improvement for me.

I'll wait another week and then call the dealership so they in turn can notify Germany that I believe its fixed now, they had kept the ticket open and said contact them in 2 weeks, so I'm crossing my fingers that at long last, problem is solved.
I still think it was the antennae and or a loose connection?

Hope everyone is finding my reports useful regarding this problem of mine with my Sat radio. This has been a recurring problem from when I picked the car up a year and half ago brand new.....

Nuke
Old 11-09-2009, 02:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C300 Sport, RWD, US
How can an antenna go bad?
Old 11-10-2009, 07:58 PM

How can an antenna go bad?
I don't think it can, to me it would be more reasonable to believe it was a bad connection, but they, MB Germany, in concert with my dealership, did replace the sat module for the 4th time and this time replaced the antennae and so far its worked like its supposed to, no matter the weather, it receives the sat signal and works!

I'm a VERY happy camper!
Old 01-02-2010, 08:42 AM

Repaired at last!

Greetings everyone,

Its been quite a while now, and I have not lost the sirius sat signal one time, I know its fixed now, so I believe the the fix was the antennae replacement, or just re-attaching it when they installed the new one, as this was the 4th sat module replacement, I don't think it was that?

So keeping it overnight at the dealership to remove the headliner and put the new antennae in seems to have been the trick!

I hope this helps anyone else experiencing the same dropped Sirius sat signal like I did?

regards,

Nuke
Old 01-02-2010, 08:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C300 Sport, RWD, US
My dropouts ceased when they replaced the module. Glad we're done with that.

Had to replace my windshield last week. Rock got it. Nice to have an ultra clean non pitted windshield for a change. lol
Old 01-02-2010, 12:48 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'20 Targa 4 DD, ' 18 Volvo S60 T6
There is an issue with the antenna...might be the problem - it was for me: every time is rained or I washed the car I would have intermittent signals until the next day or so (parked indoors), after it dried out.

Dealer fixed something with antenna and no issues now.

Good luck.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
My friends 2008 C300 does the same exact thing. Said acquiring signal for over 30 minutes on the freeway of clear skies. Now it works fine and has no issues (never replaced any parts). My question for you guys that had the issue:
What is the build date?
Nav or no Nav?
and Germany or South Africa build?

Also your dealer never spoke to MB Germany. They deal with MBUSA TAC for warranty replacement assistance. They fed you some good BS. MBUSA BARELY talks to MB Germany let alone your dealership.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:09 AM

2012 MB E350 Coupe
It has been 2 months since service dept replaced my antenna assembly and I've had NO problems since....
Old 01-01-2012, 12:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10 Tahoe LT, 07 Silverado Z71, 99 BMW R1100RT
Originally Posted by whiteongrey
There is an issue with the antenna...might be the problem - it was for me: every time is rained or I washed the car I would have intermittent signals until the next day or so (parked indoors), after it dried out.

Dealer fixed something with antenna and no issues now.

Good luck.
Interesting... My wife's newly acquired 08 C350 started to have the "acquiring signal" issue after she had it washed this morning.

I guess I'll have to see if it gets better tomorrow. Today I drove her car for about an hour, or so, and the radio was in the acquiring mode a whole lot longer than actually playing Sirius.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by TexFinn
I guess I'll have to see if it gets better tomorrow.
Didn't get in the car today, but my wife reported that it worked just fine, So, I guess there is some truth behind what whiteongrey was saying.

Kind of ridiculous, though...
Old 01-03-2012, 07:11 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
17 E300, 17 C300, 14 C250
Similar issues on the W211 board (E350).

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ing-out-3.html

Mine would cut out the day after rain or car wash. Antenna was loose.

After tightening antenna, has been working perfectly for 2 months now after many heavy storms and car washes.

Lou

Last edited by loudbmw; 01-03-2012 at 07:14 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:58 AM

Thanks for the link, loudbmw.

Had the car washed again yesterday, but no problems with the signal, so who knows...
Old 01-03-2012, 03:34 PM

Thumbs up The 2008 Sirius worked all the way to trade-in

Greetings,

Well took the plunge from the stealership as my lease was ending and purchased a 2012 C300 4Mtaic Luxury this time, with the same P1 package, the Sirius radio has been working flawlessly in this car, and I must say once the dealership replaced the antennae through the headliner I never encountered any other radio issues.

Nuke
Old 05-17-2013, 06:26 PM

2009 C300
Sirius Module problems

My Sirius module is not working. Or should I say my two sirius modules are not working. I went to the dealership because my new to me C300 sirius did not work. They looked at it and said oops, it is the satellite module and that will be $1000.00 (a month out of warranty) Mercedes offered to pony up $400.00 making it only $600.00 from my pocket. I thought that was a lot of money so i found a working module, brought it home and it was the same exact problem. NO SERICE. I don't even get the sirius commercial. Sirius has sent countless signals to both but nothing helps. I don't get acquiring signal or anything. Just call sirius to activate on the screen and a no service notice at the bottom. Anybody have any ideas???????
Old 05-18-2013, 06:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C300 Sport, RWD, US
How do you know that your replacement was a working module?

Another experience I had with mine since my earlier post is that one day my Sirius just stopped working. Had Sirius resend their authorization signal which didn't work. Discovered by accident that somehow the codes (i.d. number) on my radio no longer agreed with what Sirius was showing. Don't know how it got changed or for that matter it wasn't at Sirius' end. They fixed the code in their records and resent the authorization signal and it started working again.

Can't help but wonder how many modules get swapped out for this reason.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Sirius Sat Module