C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

MB of Fremont (fletcher jones) SUCKS!!!

Old 05-10-2009, 12:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
MB of Fremont (fletcher jones) SUCKS!!!

MB of Fremont (bay area). Dont go there for service!

Our car is pulling to the right a bit, so I made an appointment for alignment last week for this Saturday morning. I told them I need to do alignment and they said ok.

Today we drove there early in the morning. And the SA told me they cannot do alignment because the technian doesn't work at weekend. I asked why they didn't tell me when I made appoinment, he said "I dont know". WTF??? And he didn't even want to apologize. I expressed my upset and he just reluctantly said "I am sorry", like I owned him $100 or something. Then I asked the rear break dust issue. He said he knew there is a TSB but they wont do that. I am fine with that, coz the thing I really wanted to do is alignment. But they just made us drove 70miles roundtrip and doing nothing. That really sucks, I never met a service guy like that before. I regreted I didn't remember his name. This was my first visit there and I will not go there for service again ever!

Last edited by raceway; 05-10-2009 at 12:29 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:23 AM

C300 4matic Sport, CBR 954
thats suks man, but you should of gone to the manager and said something, i could of maybe got something or at least got to vent to em, but it seems fletcher jones is bad all around, in vegas there just as bad with their service but we got no choice since there the only MB out here in vegas.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C300 Sport, 2010 RX350 AWD
Yes, Fletcher Jones is one of the worst dealership around Bay Area...also heard quite a few ppl complaining about FJ of Las Vegas been irrigant b/c they are the only dealership in Vegas..

raceway, where are you located?
Old 05-10-2009, 05:26 AM

C300 4matic Sport, CBR 954
yes very true because they know that you HAVE to deal with them so they can do whatever they want, its BS.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by justthinking
Yes, Fletcher Jones is one of the worst dealership around Bay Area...also heard quite a few ppl complaining about FJ of Las Vegas been irrigant b/c they are the only dealership in Vegas..

raceway, where are you located?

really? they're irrigant - as in watering?

pretty sure you meant arrogant
Old 05-10-2009, 10:58 AM

C350
that must suck...

around here [toronto, canada], i have 3 dealerships all in about the same driving range, and the one closest to me has the best service [apparently, i don't have the car yet...]
Old 05-10-2009, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
One of the best things about being an MB owner on LI, we have a ton of dealerships to choose from.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:03 PM

2008 Sport C-300, 2003 Accord Coupe V6
Originally Posted by raceway

Our car is pulling to the right a bit, so I made an appointment for alignment last week for this Saturday morning. I told them I need to do alignment and they said ok.

Today we drove there early in the morning. And the SA told me they cannot do alignment because the technian doesn't work at weekend. I asked why they didn't tell me when I made appoinment, he said "I dont know". WTF??? And he didn't even want to apologize. I expressed my upset and he just reluctantly said "I am sorry", like I owned him $100 or something. Then I asked the rear break dust issue. He said he knew there is a TSB but they wont do that. I am fine with that, coz the thing I really wanted to do is alignment. But they just made us drove 70miles roundtrip and doing nothing. That really sucks, I never met a service guy like that before. I regreted I didn't remember his name. This was my first visit there and I will not go there for service again ever!
Try Berberian MB in Stockton, they're pretty good.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:18 PM

w205 - Black
That sux raceway. Some people in the Customer Service line of work just do not get the concept of customer service: https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...associate.html
Old 05-10-2009, 03:17 PM

2011 E350 4Matic Wagon, 2013 C350 4Matic Sedan
Originally Posted by len56
that must suck...

around here [toronto, canada], i have 3 dealerships all in about the same driving range, and the one closest to me has the best service [apparently, i don't have the car yet...]
Keep in mind that all of the MB dealerships in the GTA are owned by Mercedes-Benz Canada... that's about as good of a monopoly as Fletcher Jones.

I find it difficult dealing with SA's who are indifferent... I understand their frustration in serving customers all day and people placing demands on them -- but that's their job. I try to be understanding and courteous to them, and I expect that they treat me as a knowledgeable customer with some respect.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:37 PM

C300
Yes, I should have talked to their manager. Call me dumb, I just dont have much experience dealing with dealer and didn't even think about talking to the manager but just walked away instead...

justthinking, I am at east bay. I called mb of pleasanton first, they told me they cannot do alignment at weekend. then I called MB fremont, they told me they could do that.

Actually I went to mb of pleasanton several months ago for alignment on Saturday, but seems they didn't solve the problem. This time they told me they dont do alignment at weekend, that makes me wondering if they really did that for me last time...

Old 05-10-2009, 05:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2009 C300 Sport Palladium Silver & 2012 GLK350 4matic Black
Actually I went to mb of pleasanton several months ago for alignment on Saturday, but seems they didn't solve the problem. This time they told me they dont do alignment at weekend, that makes me wondering if they really did that for me last time...
Same here, my car also pulls to the right. I had my car aligned by MB of Pleasanton but the problem has not been completely solved.

Also 2 months back I went in to get the trunk seal replaced, it wasn't written up but was told it was replaced. The other day they call me that my trunk seal has been sitting on the shelf for a while. What does that tell you?

The Pleasanton SA assigned to me seems to behave like he is better than you. I now go to MB of Walnut Creek.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:17 PM

w205 - Black
Keep in mind that vehicles tend to veer to the right slightly due to the crown on most roads; also, I was told once that several vehicles have a slight pull to the right as a 'safety' feature.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:14 AM

raceway, here is a little something for you..

http://www.mercedesbenzofmarin.com/images/coupons.pdf
http://www.smythe.com/index.cfm?acti...anchiseID=2770
Old 05-11-2009, 01:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320

I had to read your post twice to fully understand it.

Maybe the SA didn't fully understand what you meant when you booked your appointment.

And nobody made you drive 70 miles. There are other dealers. There are also much worse scenarios than yours my friend. Some months ago, I went to the dealer wanting to get something fixed, they agreed to fix it and they put me in a rental car with no gas. Just as I had finished filling the rental car with petrol I was notified that my car would not be able to be fixed today. I was still charged for the insurance on the rental car.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:42 AM

I live in Fremont and Fletcher Jones is right next to my house...we used to buy/service all our cars at FJ of Fremont, they used to be good but all when the current general manager took over..

Last April my dad's 04 C240 was rear ended on I-880 and the guilty party's insurance offered to buy the car back..we then went to FJ of Fremont and decided on a CPO 06 C230..we got there around 4pm and finished negotiation around 6pm..however, we were kept for so long in the financing office (between long wait, loads of paperworks & turning down bunch of useless dealer extras) by the time we finally done w/ all the paperworks, it's well past 9 and we were rushed out of their lot.

Knowing we didn't have enough time to throughly inspect the car, the sales rep promised he would take care of any problem we find once we had time to fully check the car out.

The very next morning when we went outside to fully inspect the car, we found there is a crack on the windshield near the buttom corner, pretty hard to spot and I don't think any rock would have cause the crack b/c it's right under the wiper blade arm..the sales rep agreed to replace the windshield but to much of our surprise, when we arrived at FJ of Fremont, the service department said the new general manager has decided that they will not take care of the problem because it's not covered under warranty..

When I request to speak to him in person, I was basically told that since the crack was not listed on the due bill, he couldn't careless and FJ of Fremont is not responsible once the car leave the lot..consider this is the 4th car we have bought from FJ of Fremont in the past 24 month, I felt so mistreated and sweared that I will never do any business w/ them ever again. The sales rep left the very next month b/c he also couldn't stand the guy..

At the end, we had to use our own auto insurance and get the windshield replaced that way..the sales rep however was really good, he kept his word and reimbursed us for the deductible (I believe it's $250 b/c we went w/ OE windshield) out of his own pocket..
Old 05-12-2009, 01:19 AM

C300
Thanks for your tips justthinking. The sales rep is so nice, I think FJ of Fremont doesn't deserve him LOL
Old 05-12-2009, 12:55 PM

E350
Originally Posted by CrAZyVeGAsBoY
thats suks man, but you should of gone to the manager and said something, i could of maybe got something or at least got to vent to em, but it seems fletcher jones is bad all around, in vegas there just as bad with their service but we got no choice since there the only MB out here in vegas.
I just saw a new MB dealership the other day..right off the freeway. I didn't have time to stop in, but I think I might check them out next time. Just a thought if you want to try something new and at least there's another option now
Old 05-12-2009, 05:47 PM

C300
Originally Posted by mbnick
I just saw a new MB dealership the other day..right off the freeway. I didn't have time to stop in, but I think I might check them out next time. Just a thought if you want to try something new and at least there's another option now

That MB dealership is Autobahn. I bought my car from there and the service rep I use is a cool guy. I went in for the brake dust issue and he told me this himself "I can't change out your pads because of the break dust...but I can if you tell me they squeek" *hint* so i told him yea they squeek and he had the mechanic change them lol.

Service guys name is Greg Khari. He took care of me when I did my first inspection. Replaced the brake pads, fixed my rear door knob and changed out a loose hook in the trunk that i never knew I had till he pointed it out. That already tells me their inspection is pretty thorough even checking all the small things.

I'd suggest trying them as they seem to be pretty honest at what they do.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C350
Stay away from Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach, CA are a bunch of pompous a-holes!
Old 05-12-2009, 07:40 PM

2009 MB C300 Sport
if you want the nicest sales lady, i recommend esther from penske mb of west covina
Old 05-12-2009, 09:40 PM

2009 C300S 6mt
Originally Posted by LewFX
if you want the nicest sales lady, i recommend esther from penske mb of west covina
thas where i ordered my vehicle from. hopefully, they're just as nice post-sale transaction.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:29 AM

2009 SL550, 2015 C300
Recommended Authorized Service - SF Bay Area

Live/work on the west side of the Bay? I have been a regular customer of Park Avenue Motors in Palo Alto. Ernie Nolasco is an outstanding service advisor. Knowledgable, honest, fair. They are owned by Smythe, but have been around so long, and have such a loyal customer base, they run their own affairs. Authorized service, of course. Experience with 2001 CLK, 2008 C350, 2009 SL550.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:18 AM

2009 C300
Originally Posted by Jim K
Live/work on the west side of the Bay? I have been a regular customer of Park Avenue Motors in Palo Alto. Ernie Nolasco is an outstanding service advisor. Knowledgable, honest, fair. They are owned by Smythe, but have been around so long, and have such a loyal customer base, they run their own affairs. Authorized service, of course. Experience with 2001 CLK, 2008 C350, 2009 SL550.
I work in PA - glad to know there's a decent place to go for service. Autobahn in Belmont is great for service, but I'm missing a kidney because of the cost of my last service.

Any recommendations on a vinyl shop out here? I want my tails tinted.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:29 PM

w251 - w124 - w201
Did you ever resolve your problem?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: MB of Fremont (fletcher jones) SUCKS!!!