C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

ughhhh i just cant decide.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 c350
ughhhh i just cant decide.

yeah so im like still trying to decide which bulbs i should use for WHITE eyelids. mainly i want something to match my bi xenons cause i dont think im going to be changing those. can someone help me out. i know about the polargs, and asians gb but thrrough that forum theres lots of complaints about blue tints and purple tints. if someone can help me out i would appreciate it. thanks =]
Old 05-11-2009, 12:34 PM

S204 C220 CDI, VW Scirocco III 1.4TSI 160
They're all wining little *****es. I mean, no offence to them, but all they do is "complain". Maybe they did not mean it like that but that's how it looks to me (again, no offence).
They're crying about little things that they could've figured out before, like the color. I mean sure it's a little little little purple but that's the idea it's 4300K!! And it's barely purple, it looks nice and bright and white to me, just the edges but that's basic physics. Your Xenons @ 4500K will be just as purple depending on the viewing angle!! They want 100% match, well newsflash, it's not going to happen... MB has tinted the plastic with something glitter-y.
I'll give you some advice, 4300K is as close as you're going to get. I like 6000K better personally because it sets off the Xenons nicely with that cool blue color.

If you want truly white LEDs, go buy and Audi.

(sorry if I seem a bit harsh, but I just came home + tired, goodnight)

Last edited by ctgilles; 05-11-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by ctgilles
They're all wining little *****es. I mean, no offence to them, but all they do is "complain". Maybe they did not mean it like that but that's how it looks to me (again, no offence).
They're crying about little things that they could've figured out before, like the color. I mean sure it's a little little little purple but that's the idea it's 4300K!! And it's barely purple, it looks nice and bright and white to me, just the edges but that's basic physics. Your Xenons @ 4500K will be just as purple depending on the viewing angle!! They want 100% match, well newsflash, it's not going to happen... MB has tinted the plastic with something glitter-y.
I'll give you some advice, 4300K is as close as you're going to get. I like 6000K better personally because it sets off the Xenons nicely with that cool blue color.

If you want truly white LEDs, go buy and Audi.

(sorry if I seem a bit harsh, but I just came home + tired, goodnight)
amazing reply hahaha
Old 05-11-2009, 04:35 PM

C350
I'd go with 6000k
Old 05-13-2009, 10:18 AM

08 c350
Lmao this guy. Ctgilles im just askin for some advice on which i should go for because idont wanna waste money on something i dont like. Thats why i joined the forum for help and advice. if i wanted an audi i wouldve went to audi for a car. But i like my benz and i want to take care of it just like everyother member in this forum. So i dont think its really that much to ask for going mad hard for no reason. But thank you for the input
Old 05-13-2009, 02:56 PM

S204 C220 CDI, VW Scirocco III 1.4TSI 160
Originally Posted by kevinwithdabenz
Lmao this guy. Ctgilles im just askin for some advice on which i should go for because idont wanna waste money on something i dont like. Thats why i joined the forum for help and advice. if i wanted an audi i wouldve went to audi for a car. But i like my benz and i want to take care of it just like everyother member in this forum. So i dont think its really that much to ask for going mad hard for no reason. But thank you for the input
Firstly, I did not snap at you but at all the people who have bought LEDs and then say that the tiny difference in color makes it worse than eg PolarG incandescents.
Secondly, the Audi comment is genuine. You can get an A4 or maybe an Opel Insignia. They have very white LEDs, and they are not "encased" in an eyelid that's why they are so white. I didn't mean for you to get an Audi LOL. I was already covering for when a dissatisfied member comes along and whines about his LEDs.

So I did not step on your toes I still have my LEDs and I recommend them to you (see my first post )

I remember how much effort goes into organising a group buy and I think it's a bit disrespectful to the organiser (AZN_C300) to complain because they are not perfect. Everyone sees colors differently. I ,for one, am slightly colorblind

Last edited by ctgilles; 05-13-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
Originally Posted by ctgilles
I ,for one, am slightly colorblind
Then why in the hell are you ripping on fellow members when they can see the color difference?! Jeez... Give the guy a break, there's no need to go off on a tangent completely unrelated to him...

Back to the OP question. I still think the best match for the OE HID lights that comes with P2 is the polarg bulbs. They are the *closest* match IMHO. I ordered a set of LED bulbs of ebay a couple months ago and they are very bright and very white, that is until I stuck them in the eyelid housing. It seems that the eyelid housing is the issue. It causes the LED light to shift slightly and even more so at the edges. For me it's was too blue/purple. I really dislike that color in headlights. I laugh when I see them on the road because I think they are trying too hard, especially when their 10 year old cars aren't even supposed to have that style of light. That's just my opinion, to each is own.

Regarding making them brighter, I was thinking of a way to McGuyver an extra couple polarg bulbs in each eyelid to try and boost the output. Might be worth a shot, I've just been lazy lately.

All that being said, as you probably already saw there is another round going for that GB and they are cheaper this go around so if you wanted to try the LEDs it may be worth a shot. If you don't like them as eyelids you would have the option to use them on the interior.

Good luck!
Old 05-14-2009, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

99 W210 E55
Old 05-15-2009, 03:31 AM

2009 C300, 2009 B200
You know what...I was just thinking, why not just pull all the 4 bulbs out and leave the eyebrow empty. I was thinking of getting the $$$ LEDs but don't really want to take ~$100 out just for the LEDs, so I will just stick with the superwhite bulbs which came stock with the car.