C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Just got my HID kit in today..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by ZedStyle
you have to pay to play, and if you couldn't afford HID's on the car when you bought it, the least you can do is a decent projector retrofit. i did it on my car and it was a pain in the sack, but at least my car doesn't look like a '93 ricer civic at night...
Hey, when your car becomes current with the century, hit me up with a text message about being able to afford/not afford P2...

PERHAPS the fact that people (like myself) don't have P2 is simply because it wasn't available on any unit when I bought my car with MM and all the other options I wanted, and therefore went with P1...

I certainly don't change my opinion on these HID kits, they do a fantastic job for the money - and this isn't a popularity contest, i couldnt see at night with these bloody halogens

Furthermore, your car doesn't look like a ricer at night, it just looks like one during the day.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by Ants09c-class
ether a set of rims, hid fogs, or a roof spoiler. Dont want to go to crazy on the car..
Here you go...let me know if that's what you were looking for and if it makes sense
Attached Thumbnails Just got my HID kit in today..-photo-1.jpg   Just got my HID kit in today..-photo-2.jpg   Just got my HID kit in today..-photo-4.jpg   Just got my HID kit in today..-photo-5.jpg   Just got my HID kit in today..-photo-6.jpg  

Just got my HID kit in today..-photo.jpg  
Old 05-21-2009, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C300 4Matic
thread taking a turn for the worse!!

lol

Old 05-21-2009, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by TB5...
thread taking a turn for the worse!!

lol

TB5 you make me laugh....you just love watching this stuff don't you

it must make your day everytime i stir up the dust - youve been there for most recently

hope all is well!
Old 05-21-2009, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 MB C300 Sport
its true, i cant even see the halogen lights beaming at night when i drive, yet i can see others
Old 05-21-2009, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C300 4Matic
ahahh man im just here at work and i get bored sometimes... so yea i make a joke state an opinion or instigate lol...

what is more entertaining that human beings... especially those online.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:48 PM

2009 MB C300 Sport
i refresh every 5 minutes, keep it up TB5!
Old 05-21-2009, 01:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C204
Originally Posted by WWMIndy
Furthermore, your car doesn't look like a ricer at night, it just looks like one during the day.

Priceless.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
I've got the 8000K Promax kit on. The kit itself is quality and my family shop has been installing those kits for years and there's been no issues or complaints. No flickering, no errors, correct temp output, longevity, and aggressive pricing (even though these originally are MSRP $300+).

As for brightness, in person, it's not as bad as those pics or video. He could do a better job with alignment, but I've driven in front of my 204 before and it's not blinding.

Give the kid a break though. He did an ok job doing it himself for the first time. Some tweaks in alignment and better recording equipment and a different tune might have been sung.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:07 PM

w205 - Black
May need to manually adjust beam/projector level...there's a screw on the side for this I believe.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:11 PM
Almost a Member!

C350
Here you go...let me know if that's what you were looking for and if it makes sense

I purchased these HIDs recently. Thanks a lot for the DIY.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by TB5...
ahahh man im just here at work and i get bored sometimes... so yea i make a joke state an opinion or instigate lol...

what is more entertaining that human beings... especially those online.

haha i feel you the forums get me through the day and keep me sane!

nothing like good MB related discussions/comedy threads

some comments can be so priceless sometimes...

chris
Old 05-21-2009, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Youngtimer
Hey, when your car becomes current with the century, hit me up with a text message about being able to afford/not afford P2...

PERHAPS the fact that people (like myself) don't have P2 is simply because it wasn't available on any unit when I bought my car with MM and all the other options I wanted, and therefore went with P1...

I certainly don't change my opinion on these HID kits, they do a fantastic job for the money - and this isn't a popularity contest, i couldnt see at night with these bloody halogens

touche!
send me your cell phone number, i'll text you about how you're a baller but resort to an ebay HID kit when your fellow 204 forum membrs go about doing it properly with at least a projector retrofit. where is your retort to them? or just picking on me because i'm slumming it in a 124?
I drive a w124 because i choose to, not because it's all i can afford. it's not a status symbol, but it's simply one of the most pleasurable sedans to drive. ever.

you couldn't see at night because of the halogens, but now nobody else can see because of your HID's. insult my car all day long, no problem, and yes, my wald kit is ricey. but it's a real mercedes and will still be on the road long after yours has died. but i'm sure you're new to the marque, so you have no idea about its history.

i wasn't trying to start ***** with you, as i'm sure the other people you were too afraid to comment back to weren't either. i was just giving my opinion, because as a fellow user of the road, these kits are dangerous and annoying.
more power to you bro, but next time before you put another mercedes owner down for the car they drive, just remember where the c class sits on the totem pole. take your hid's to the s class forum and you will learn your place sharpish.

glare on!
Old 05-21-2009, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by woedee
May need to manually adjust beam/projector level...there's a screw on the side for this I believe.
yeah you are right - with the increased light output you have to readjust

i did so and i have a very crisp line considering they arent stock..have driven in-front of my car at night and no glare problems that aren't normally associated with hids...

if you look at the 3rd picture i posted, that little orange/yellow looking circle/knob (which is white in real life) is where you insert your phillips screw driver to level each headlamp.

if you guys did fogs like i did, be sure to adjust those as well...

there is a small hole below the housing on the plastic trim to insert your star shaped screw driver (i think it's a hex driver not sure on the appropriate name)

level your headlamps 20-30 ft away from a wall on level ground and aim them at the bottom of the wall
Old 05-21-2009, 02:07 PM

C300 sport 4matic
I think the comment about "paying to play" was in reference to go for a full retrofit, instead of just throwing in H7 hid kits. I too didn't feel like waiting for a P2 package granted I wanted a 4matic & MM package& color- more important than xenons when I decided to get the car.

If one whose installed would like to argue that their aftermarket H7 HIDs works great on their stock, halogen projector that is their option. The halogen projector & garbage oem lense was designed for the light output of a halogen bulb.

One cannot argue though that the light pattern from a xenon bulb vs that of the halogen are the same. Simply plugging in an HID bulb to a halogen projector just doesn't make sense- people complaining of dark spots/ uneven output beams/ glare/ etc etc.

Pictures don't lie... Check out the light output of my projectors vs. any aftermarket HID kit on the stock halogen projectors
Old 05-21-2009, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ZedStyle
touche!
send me your cell phone number, i'll text you about how you're a baller but resort to an ebay HID kit when your fellow 204 forum membrs go about doing it properly with at least a projector retrofit. where is your retort to them? or just picking on me because i'm slumming it in a 124?
I drive a w124 because i choose to, not because it's all i can afford. it's not a status symbol, but it's simply one of the most pleasurable sedans to drive. ever.

you couldn't see at night because of the halogens, but now nobody else can see because of your HID's. insult my car all day long, no problem, and yes, my wald kit is ricey. but it's a real mercedes and will still be on the road long after yours has died. but i'm sure you're new to the marque, so you have no idea about its history.

i wasn't trying to start ***** with you, as i'm sure the other people you were too afraid to comment back to weren't either. i was just giving my opinion, because as a fellow user of the road, these kits are dangerous and annoying.
more power to you bro, but next time before you put another mercedes owner down for the car they drive, just remember where the c class sits on the totem pole. take your hid's to the s class forum and you will learn your place sharpish.

glare on!
See, now you're bashing all w204 owners in general with several of those comments.

Personally, I love the w124. Have friends who have them with Wald and Carlsson kits, but maybe you should take a page out of your own book when it comes to some of the comments you made.

And I can give you a running list of how many E, S, SL, CLK, SLK, CL, and CLS we install these kits on. As well as high end BMWs, Audis, etc.

Anyways, no need to e-thug.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:17 PM

C300 sport 4matic
why can't we just all get along and stay on topic?
Old 05-21-2009, 02:22 PM
Almost a Member!

C300 and my GS300
Ive used an Ebay Plug and Play once on my 96. wasnt too bad.. I think you just need to take some better pics
Old 05-21-2009, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Youngtimer
Originally Posted by Azn_C300
See, now you're bashing all w204 owners in general with several of those comments.
Anyways, no need to e-thug.
yeah, sorry about the blanket-bashing, didn't intend to go there. and i'm not e-thugging, just don't intend to sit and let someone talk down to me without responding.

i agree that to some my car is ricey, whatever. but there's no way that hid's in halogen housings is not ricey either, no matter what the excuse is.

and to get back on topic, spoolIT85's pics are astonishing proof as to why it is worth it to pay a little more and do it right. i mean, you guys can afford a new mercedes, surely the retrofit is not out of reach? spoolIT85 shows how to put the 'class' back in c class...
Old 05-21-2009, 02:57 PM

w205 - Black
If sticking with the halogen projector, I personally would rather simply upgrade to a pair of good halogen bulbs (piaa, luminics, etc.).
Old 05-21-2009, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Enzo, my Benzo
That output is ridiculous. I can't STAND people that put glarific crap in a mercedes. Seriously, do a retrofit or leave it stock. The blinding HID thing is so 2004.

AZN_C300 just cause a bunch of ignorant modders install those kits on new cars, does NOT make it right.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C300 4Matic
^ my lawwd that is a sick ride...

V yup lol... even got different classes up in here...

Last edited by TB5...; 05-21-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
tb5 u were right - this thread did take a sharp right turn!
Old 05-21-2009, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ZorroAMG
That output is ridiculous. I can't STAND people that put glarific crap in a mercedes. Seriously, do a retrofit or leave it stock. The blinding HID thing is so 2004.

AZN_C300 just cause a bunch of ignorant modders install those kits on new cars, does NOT make it right.
I agree, doesn't make it right, but just trying to be nice . Retrofit is definitely the way to go. But I don't think it's as bad as those pics and videos are making it out be and can improve somewhat with some level adjustments.

btw, zorro I know I'm going to be taking a lot of flack for the angel eye fogs I'm installing this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration. haha.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by Azn_C300
I agree, doesn't make it right, but just trying to be nice . Retrofit is definitely the way to go. But I don't think it's as bad as those pics and videos are making it out be and can improve somewhat with some level adjustments.

btw, zorro I know I'm going to be taking a lot of flack for the angel eye fogs I'm installing this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration. haha.
funny

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just got my HID kit in today..