C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Size of Driving/Fog lights on Luxury

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 05:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220CDI
Size of Driving/Fog lights on Luxury

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone from North America that has a W204 Luxury (not Sport) could take a moment to measure the size (length and height) of the Driving/Fog lights, please? (You know, the oval shaped lights in the lower front bumper). Just an approximate measure is fine.

Why do I want this? Well, I purchased some lens protectors from Lamin-X. The first ones they sent where for the round lights on the Sport. They very quickly rectified the problem by sending me the ones for the oval lights from the Luxury (as originally ordered), however they are far, far too small for the lights on my Australian-spec C-class. The ones they sent me are about 2.75 inches by 2 inches, whereas my lights are about 4.25 inches by 2.5 inches. Before I contact them again I want to make sure that the USA/Canadian-spec cars have the same size lights as my car. It is possible, after all, that your lights are a different size to mine!

Thank you,

Glenn
Old 05-20-2009, 10:58 AM

C320 CDI 4Matic
The size of the foglights depends on whether or not you have the corner-illuminating version. From the large size, I presume you do. In the US, those are available on luxury models in the Premium 2 package. Luxury's without have smaller fog lamps.

Apart from that, fog lamps are not, not, not driving lights.

Good luck with getting the right size!
Hannes
Old 05-29-2009, 09:52 AM

C220CDI
Thanks for the information. Oh, and I know driving lights are not fog lights. It's just that so many people don't know the different I thought it best to use both terms!