C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Issue with C300 rear bumper?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 sport
Issue with C300 rear bumper?

I purchased a 09 C300 sport a few months ago, and love it. A few weeks ago I notice an indentation in the rear bumper wheer it wraps around to the passenger side, right behind the rear passenger wheel just below the metal rear panel. Now, I am extremely careful as to where I park, I do every thing possible to assure I am not going to get dinged when parking. In the location that this dent is at I really feal that there is no way a door from another car could have been the cause, it is to far back,and too low. I can't help but think this is a defect in the bumper. It is a small indent and it is plastic which should not really dent. Has any one notice or had issues with your bombers? Any input wuold be great!
Old 05-28-2009, 06:00 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Can you take a picture of the bumper and show us?

Regards,

P.S. Never know, could it be a shopping cart dent? Or debris from freeway got kicked up and dented it? (happened to me before; my rear tire rolled on the edge of a long piece of metal debris, and it flipped up hitting the car body), ...
Old 05-29-2009, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Originally Posted by elc300
I purchased a 09 C300 sport a few months ago, and love it. A few weeks ago I notice an indentation in the rear bumper wheer it wraps around to the passenger side, right behind the rear passenger wheel just below the metal rear panel. Now, I am extremely careful as to where I park, I do every thing possible to assure I am not going to get dinged when parking. In the location that this dent is at I really feal that there is no way a door from another car could have been the cause, it is to far back,and too low. I can't help but think this is a defect in the bumper. It is a small indent and it is plastic which should not really dent. Has any one notice or had issues with your bombers? Any input wuold be great!
Most probably a defect. The most noticed defect in plastic ware on the W204 is usually the ripples in the plastic fuel flap. Now sorted on South African produced cars after many complaints locally. Show us a pic. Might be repairable with a hair dryer.

Last edited by Glyn M Ruck; 05-29-2009 at 06:08 AM.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C 350 Obsidian Black
I have similar on the drivers side of the rear bumper. Not noticable unless you are really looking at it and the reflection in the black paint. Mine has two little dimples not one. I attributed it to a reinforcement / aligning bracket on the back side of the bumper.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:10 AM

C300 sport 4matic
Pictures please
Old 06-03-2012, 11:58 AM

2015 GL 350, 2008 R 350
Issue with rear bumper cover

Hi group, I own a black 2008 R class. This past week I also noticed what looked to be two small indentations in the same area that you referred to. The car has never been damaged. Nothing has hit it. It's on my passenger side rear bumper right behind the wheel well. Sounds like the exact same location you discribed. Looking at it close up you can't see it. You have to stand back. I notice it when I'm approaching the car. I removed the wheel well cover and reached behind. It seems the areas are located where there are no suports. Nothing behind it at all. I'm wondering if its from the sun wraping the bumper on hot days when its outside. Most of the time the car sits in the garage where I can't see the issue at all. Has anyone figured out the cause of this and how to fix it? My car is babied and dosen't have a dent or a scratch. This is driving me crazy! The car is still under warranty, has anyone had Mercedes replace the bumper cover?