C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

X-PIPE on C300. ONCE FOR ALL!!(everyone w/x-pipe read it)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 11:59 PM

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
Factory ordered 2012 MB C350 w/Dynamic Handling Package
Originally Posted by aznmode
I'll do it if you do it lol
Lucky for me I've recently been distracted in getting dashcams for both cars in the garage. Hopefully by the time I'm done with that project all this talk of X-pipes will go away.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts
2010 c300
Met up with rodpwnz today and got him on video leaving Flipwerkz bay area car meet.

Last edited by aznmode; 03-16-2015 at 04:17 AM.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 C300 4MATIC
Just ordered the x-pipe, should get it on Friday, will try to get it installed on Saturday
Old 10-26-2016, 03:06 PM

w204 C230
C230?

Hi I'm driving a C230. Will the magnaflow x pipe fit into the resonator box? As it is illegal to fit this on in my country, I will have to hide the x pipe. Please advise.

I have cut the mufflers with straight pipes inside. The pipe has holes on it, should I change to a pipe without?
Old 10-26-2016, 03:14 PM

w204 C230
X pipe

if im going for magnaflow, there seems to be two types

true x stainless steel
true x stainless steel crossover

is there any difference and which is better?
Old 04-01-2017, 08:00 PM

2011 Mercedes-Benz C300
Thanks to you guys...

... I did the magnaflow x pipe (2.25) on my 2011 C300. I came here, read this whole thread and viola:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IE...mHDmRJz4CMFmEA
^^Link to hear my car with x pipe^^

(Sorry this is so big, too lazy to resize. Some of you may be thankful.)

As most of you recommended, positioned the x pipe closer to the mufflers replacing that resonator. (Or whatever shenanigans half of you are calling it.) This was the only thing I had done, some of you saying you did an x pipe + resonator delete were kind of misleading me to think you had more than one thing done when it was actually one and the same.

The Magnaflow x pipe was like $96 on Amazon Prime and I paid 160 for install including the extra piping. I was in and out of my local shop in like an hour and a half.

https://smile.amazon.com/Magnaflow-1...gnaflow+x+pipe

If you do this, don't drive home semi disappointed thinking "This doesn't sound that good from the cabin, even with the windows open." Just wait until you put your friend in to gas it and you stand behind it.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 Mercedes C300 Sport
Smile Link to My X Pipe Video

Originally Posted by wanchu83
OK, I have searched so many that I read all of x-pipe for C300 and C350. Also looked at the ALL C300 and C350 x-piped YOUTUBE videos.

Here is my thought.

Angeloxnet(C300) sounded best in my opinion.(very cool sound and little raspy but stable.
Mattewgonzales(c300) on Youtube sounded good also from outside.

I like that they both have cool sound but not unstable raspy sound(sounded close to C63 I think)

Nbturbos car was my least favorite from outside but from inside, the sound was great(didn't hear much different compared to stock, if the METAL HITTING SOUNG between 0:02 and 0:03 is not caused by x-pipe)

Do angeloxnet and Mattewgonzales have Megnaflow x-pipe?
and if you do and this Question is for everyone in forum, Megnaflow's x-pipe is short, so is it better to place x-pipe closer to front or toward back?
and what would be the difference in theory?

With all this thread about x-pipe, I decided to do get x-pipe (likely from Megnaflow).

And one more question. Does x-pipe in ANY ways messup car? meaning decrease the life of car, or impact other parts of the car to gone bad?

*Reason Y asking is i had G35 before and did some mod but car seems like gets weaker(older) quicker and changed engine sound crap like I have been driving for 10 years(although it was 3 years old). So, now I am trying to be careful about modding cars parts from factory setting. But I just love the roar sound(long as it can only heard from outside).
Here is the link to my quick video on what my X- Pipe sounds like. I will be posting more videos of it with a better quality device soon but this is what I have so far. I hope you guys like it

Let me know your thoughts.
Old 07-02-2023, 09:20 PM

2014 C300 sport
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by allenp99
Kind of a pointless question as I've already bought the X-Pipe and plan on installing it this weekend but...

Does anybody feel that after installing the X-Pipe that your Benz has lost some of its classiness per se? I've watched/listened to a lot of clips on youtube showcasing the x-pipe on our cars but they all sound just a tad different depending on how the videos were filmed. Guess I'm just trying to make sure that my car doesn't sound like a 17 year old's car (been there, done that). Can anyone confirm or give your input on this matter?
I feel like the X-pipe makes an unnecessary rattle in the low to mid Rpms, sometimes when people tune them.. They start to pop and bang like a riced out Honda civic, and at that point.. I feel like its disrespectful to Mercedes.
I own a 2014 C300 Sport, and i will not install the x pipe due to loss of torque in the 1st/2nd gears. You still gain horse power with the X-pipe setup, but you gain torque in the wrong areas in my opion.
The H pipe works much better, and honestly snaps a little harder like a C63 or even a Quattroporte.
Ill try posting a video soon if you can. Hoped this helped
Old 07-02-2023, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts
2010 c300
I've wanted and x pipe for the longest time but yes at the same time I didn't want to take away the classiness so have held off.
Old 07-09-2023, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 200 Likes on 139 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
Originally Posted by mattfrappe
I feel like the X-pipe makes an unnecessary rattle in the low to mid Rpms, sometimes when people tune them.. They start to pop and bang like a riced out Honda civic, and at that point.. I feel like its disrespectful to Mercedes.
I own a 2014 C300 Sport, and i will not install the x pipe due to loss of torque in the 1st/2nd gears. You still gain horse power with the X-pipe setup, but you gain torque in the wrong areas in my opion.
The H pipe works much better, and honestly snaps a little harder like a C63 or even a Quattroporte.
Ill try posting a video soon if you can. Hoped this helped
I don't think the X-pipe really does anything HP and Torque wise. It only makes a better sound nothing more. The original resonator if you look closely is already an X-pipe but with more buffles to mute the sound. I had the Xpipe on my car for almost 10 years now and every time I blip the trottle way past 4000 RMP I smile. Put it in SPORT mode and use the manual mode and drop it a gear or two it will sing that will make people look and wonder what the heck is that thing. It does not sound ricey. It is enough for a sports sedan. You will love it when you are in a tunnel it just makes that angry VROOOOOOOOOMM sound.