C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Painted Calipers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
Where do you see $1-2000 BBK brake systems? The only other brake system out there for 204s are Rotara and the cost difference between Rotara and Brembo aren't that great...I'd rather go with the best for safety equipment instead of squabble over a few hundred. Brembos are also who make the current AMG calipers on the C63.

And yes, the braking power is much improved over the stock setup.

Another argument that can be made is the more money put in, the more I save. Through sponsorships I've picked up modding, I've already been able to save over $1k in costs. Allowed me to meet and make contacts that have helped further my family motorsports business, further generating revenue.

Look, there's no point arguing. Two different cultures. Some ride stock, some don't. Not saying one's better than another, but without those who push and show what can be done to this car, everyone would look the same.

Last edited by Azn_C300; 06-18-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C350 MM
Originally Posted by Azn_C300
Where do you see $1-2000 BBK brake systems? The only other brake system out there for 204s are Rotara and the cost difference between Rotara and Brembo aren't that great...I'd rather go with the best for safety equipment instead of squabble over a few hundred. Brembos are also who make the current AMG calipers on the C63.

And yes, the braking power is much improved over the stock setup.

Another argument that can be made is the more money put in, the more I save. Through sponsorships I've picked up modding, I've already been able to save over $1k in costs. Allowed me to meet and make contacts that have helped further my family motorsports business, further generating revenue.

Look, there's no point arguing. Two different cultures. Some ride stock, some don't. Not saying one's better than another, but without those who push and show what can be done to this car, everyone would look the same.

Lol, I'm not hating or arguing or anything. I'm just curious. I don't know anything about brakes or really modding altogether. I haven't done anything to my car, and I'm considering even replacing the air filters because I don't want to mess with my car. I'm just curious.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
Not arguing like argue argue, but like discussion argue

Like I said, modding really is a subculture and if you run in those circles, compete in shows, and belong to teams, it's fun to do, although costly. Modding european luxury is more expensive than JDM. You can get cheaper brake options for JDM vehicles, but unfortunately, we're slapped with a Mercedes tax not just in legit services/repairs, but in aftermarket modding. The good thing about that is it weeds out the high school wannabes, but the wallet takes a hit.

C classes are destined to be a dime a dozen. It's entry level luxury. Sure at first they turned heads, but now they're everywhere. Modding appeals to those who seek a sense of individualism.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
Originally Posted by Azn_C300
Powder coated....probably a couple hundred. Prices will vary by region. If you're unsure about what color to go with, you can always use some G2 Caliper paint and do it yourself to see how it looks. Reports vary, but I've seen some of that paint last a year, some more.
I used the G2 Kit on my 01 Millenia. I was pretty easy and held up well over the course of 7 years. I had three small rock chips and the finish was still very glossy. If I go with larger wheels, I will likely go the same route or send them out for powder coating if I find a good shop around ATL.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w204-C300
Originally Posted by C300Sport
I used the G2 Kit on my 01 Millenia. I was pretty easy and held up well over the course of 7 years. I had three small rock chips and the finish was still very glossy. If I go with larger wheels, I will likely go the same route or send them out for powder coating if I find a good shop around ATL.
I found one. The Powdercoater, $250 to just to powdercoat (you take off the brake caliper by yourself of other store) and $500 to take off and install + powdercoat.