Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C-Class (W204)
Has anyone seen a W204 with leather interior? >

Has anyone seen a W204 with leather interior?

Notices
C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Has anyone seen a W204 with leather interior?

 
Old 05-23-2017, 10:41 PM
  #51  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
ItalianJoe1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 3,534
Received 686 Likes on 571 Posts
2003 CL 600
You can also order the leather cover new from the dealer for not too much and replace it. Or have an upholstery shop near you repair/replace it. Will be cheaper and way less effort than putting a used one in.
ItalianJoe1 is offline  
Old 05-23-2017, 11:27 PM
  #52  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 703
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 W204
Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1 View Post
You can also order the leather cover new from the dealer for not too much and replace it. Or have an upholstery shop near you repair/replace it. Will be cheaper and way less effort than putting a used one in.
I'd imagine ordering the leather cover from the dealer being 5x as much as the cover sourced from a wrecked car, no?
LandSeaAir is offline  
Old 05-24-2017, 08:00 PM
  #53  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
ItalianJoe1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 3,534
Received 686 Likes on 571 Posts
2003 CL 600
Originally Posted by LandSeaAir View Post
I'd imagine ordering the leather cover from the dealer being 5x as much as the cover sourced from a wrecked car, no?
But one from a wrecked car will be almost dead, the newest 204 is still 3 years old. You'd be taking the chance of having it split while you were installing it or shortly after, vs having a brand new seat cover.

Get a local upholstery shop to recover/repair it for under $100, rather than use a used cover.
ItalianJoe1 is offline  
Old 05-24-2017, 08:42 PM
  #54  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 703
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 W204
Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1 View Post
But one from a wrecked car will be almost dead, the newest 204 is still 3 years old. You'd be taking the chance of having it split while you were installing it or shortly after, vs having a brand new seat cover.

Get a local upholstery shop to recover/repair it for under $100, rather than use a used cover.
Fair enough... my fault I didn't explain, I have an MBTex interior (all vinyl), our 2008-14 C-Classes in the US are RARELY equipped with leather, and I'd say 99% (except for AMGs) have vinyl.

It is possible to revive leather, still probably for cheaper than the cost for a set of leather covers from the dealer.

The pic of the ripped seat is of vinyl... believe it or not the MBTex rips easier than the leather from use...
LandSeaAir is offline  
Old 05-24-2017, 09:16 PM
  #55  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
ItalianJoe1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 3,534
Received 686 Likes on 571 Posts
2003 CL 600
I work at a dealer, i'm aware of how easy they rip. They aren't that terrbile as people make them out to be, it's usually owner abuse when we see really early failures, but they certainly do wear out compared to real leather, my old CL has leather everywhere inside and with almost 90k miles and 15 years on it, it's all immaculate. The newer fabrics just don't hold up the same.

My car also cost, in 2003, 4 times what a 204 cost new 10 years later. So not really apples to apples comparison.
ItalianJoe1 is offline  
Old 05-24-2017, 09:28 PM
  #56  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,133
Received 150 Likes on 138 Posts
W204
Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1 View Post
I work at a dealer, i'm aware of how easy they rip. They aren't that terrbile as people make them out to be, it's usually owner abuse when we see really early failures, but they certainly do wear out compared to real leather, my old CL has leather everywhere inside and with almost 90k miles and 15 years on it, it's all immaculate. The newer fabrics just don't hold up the same.

My car also cost, in 2003, 4 times what a 204 cost new 10 years later. So not really apples to apples comparison.
Weird. E classes are used as Taxis all over Europe and yet the MBTex lasts and wears well. I wonder why that is?

Speaking for myself - I do care for mbtex on my car like I do with leather, and it certainly has worn very very very well!
superangrypenguin is online now  
Old 05-24-2017, 10:03 PM
  #57  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 703
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 W204
Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1 View Post
I work at a dealer, i'm aware of how easy they rip. They aren't that terrbile as people make them out to be, it's usually owner abuse when we see really early failures, but they certainly do wear out compared to real leather, my old CL has leather everywhere inside and with almost 90k miles and 15 years on it, it's all immaculate. The newer fabrics just don't hold up the same.

My car also cost, in 2003, 4 times what a 204 cost new 10 years later. So not really apples to apples comparison.
Yea CL600, thats a nice ride and probably among the highest quality Benz leather other there.
LandSeaAir is offline  
Old 05-27-2017, 11:16 PM
  #58  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,133
Received 150 Likes on 138 Posts
W204
Originally Posted by LandSeaAir View Post
Yea CL600, thats a nice ride and probably among the highest quality Benz leather other there.
Highest quality Benz leather, perhaps - but not sure if you've sat in an Audi. I do believe that Audi leather is a cut above MB leather, and to be honest, Audi leather wears pretty well too (with the usual love that is afforded to real leather!).

But yes, splitting hairs, but just saying
superangrypenguin is online now  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Has anyone seen a W204 with leather interior?


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: