C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

I watched transformers... now I want a Camaro >.>

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350
Originally Posted by justthinking
c-class just came out in 08, so they are due for a facelift in 2012 and most likely will not been redesigned until 2016..
we had a 04 c240 and that car was relaced by a 06 c230 after some idiot rear ended my dad on freeway..
IMO, the 06 c230 is way better than the 04 c240..MB really get the car right w/ later facelifted w203..
if past history hold, w204 w/ facelift will be even better..
if I were you, I would enjoy the Camaro for a few yrs and get a c-class 4-5 yrs down the road..
you will be mid-20s by then and the move should suit you well..
got it,

so I guess I'll be getting the camaro... if they actually only redesign in 2016... I would only keep the camaro for 3 or 4 years...

wait, scratch that, it's my first car, so I'm keeping it forever. I'll add the c class later
Old 06-28-2009, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Originally Posted by micropower99
Its a GM..lol
We have to invest on USA goods.
My $0.02
Old 06-28-2009, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Merc_F1
Transformers 2 in IMAX was amazing...
^+1
I watched it last night.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes
Originally Posted by ptronus31
Yup, in 4-5 years the Camaro will be tired, rattly and the paint bad. It will be a clear indication why you should have bought an MB (maybe even a used one).

I totally disagree with you. Do you have "data" to back up your claim? While the fit/finish of the F-bods aren't up there with MB, the engine is better, the paint is a non issue except on the sail panels of 99-02 Camaro (the Firebird was not affected) due to an adhesive used in the fiberglass (and was recalled and fixed). My 3 cars have been absolutely dead reliable. In fact, when I read these threads I notice C class owners (well all MB owners, actually) have more issues than F-body owners.

My pride and joy, my 800 hp Formula Firebird, is a 99 with 81,000 miles. I guarantee you cannot tell that car isn't from the showroom. It drives as good as it did when it was new, and that's after spending half it's life with it's nose in the air...btw, the factory Monsoon radio will blow that pile of crap MB puts in away.

Besides, the new Camaro is a pretty far cry from the car it is replacing. The new one is based on the Zeta One platform of the Pontiac G8. Both the Camaro and the G8 are a substantial step forward from what most people associate GM with. If you've ever driven a G8 GT or GXP I think you'd be impressed. Again, the interiors aren't what you would expect as an MB owner...but from a mechanical aspect they are quite awesome.

From a resale perspective, I think the Camaro is the way to go also. Think about it...my CL was almost 130,000 new in 03, I bought it for 27,000 just 6 years and 29,000 miles later. However, one of my Formula's was 25,000 new in 01 and I sold it in 09 with 128,000 miles for 9,900. Also, my 94 Z28 Vert was 21,000 new and is worth almost 15,000 now...and those are just 4th gens. Look around, how many 20-40 year old MBs do you see going for over 20k?

Unless you have any real world data then pipe down there, sparky.

Last edited by FormulaZR; 06-28-2009 at 05:50 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by FormulaZR
Good point, just another example I sold my 67VW for 29K, MB offered me last year 30K for my 2008 Sack Edition C350 as a trade.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
I would only want it if it turned into a big robot. But then again I'm an old man.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
C350 Elegance
Thumbs up

I would not recommend anybody to get from a w204 to a Chevy (Camaro, SS or whatever). American cars are beautiful machines built on a budget for the average public (mass market) daily commuting -some over long distances due to a large country-, and almost for planned obsolescence. But you cannot think of them beyond the 100,000 miles (specially with the pedal to the metal, to make it roar in start and go, and cutting corners for maintenance). European cars, specially luxury cars like Mercedes, are built to last and can eat up long distance driving.

Kids, you want girls to notice you, tune your wheels and don't be nerds. The Transformers, Kit, and all the other marvels of the film editor are not for real life. But it's up to you to be what you wish. Nevertheless remember, girls mature earlier than boys (I'm not talking libido here) and will always appreciate a Merc over a seen all over Camaro.

Enjoy the ride, JV
Old 06-28-2009, 07:10 PM

Yes
Originally Posted by JoeVal
I would not recommend anybody to get from a w204 to a Chevy (Camaro, SS or whatever). American cars are beautiful machines built on a budget for the average public (mass market) daily commuting -some over long distances due to a large country-, and almost for planned obsolescence. But you cannot think of them beyond the 100,000 miles (specially with the pedal to the metal, to make it roar in start and go, and cutting corners for maintenance). European cars, specially luxury cars like Mercedes, are built to last and can eat up long distance driving.

Kids, you want girls to notice you, tune your wheels and don't be nerds. The Transformers, Kit, and all the other marvels of the film editor are not for real life. But it's up to you to be what you wish. Nevertheless remember, girls mature earlier than boys (I'm not talking libido here) and will always appreciate a Merc over a seen all over Camaro.

Enjoy the ride, JV

Again...you're absolutely wrong! 2 of my F-bodies are over 100k miles...actually over 120k miles. One is an LT1 and one is an LS1, both are H/C/I cars and are both consistent 11 sec cars. Neither of these cars have given me any trouble and have only had routine maintenance performed on them. The LT1 car gets 24 mpg and the LS1 gets 26 mpg. Beyond that, my 99 with 81k is a consistent 9 sec street car with a/c and ported factory heads. It gets over 20 mpg and again, it has never given me a bit of trouble. My cars are all well taken care of but not abused. How are they unreliable? Maybe you could provide us with your source who is well informed that F-bodies are not reliable cars over 100k miles? And btw, you don't want to get under 25 year old girls to tell you if they like T/A's, Z28, or SS's better than an MB! I've been there....and you'll lose!

And as for your obsolete comment...I can go into autozone and find almost any part for a 72 Impala any day of the week. Can you find even a single part for yours anywhere but the dealer or Import salvage yard?

BTW, except for the MB cars with FI V8's, FI V12's, or the 63's, pedal to the metal on any MB is equivalent to 1/2 to 2/3 throttle on a Z28, SS, T/A, or Formula.

I'm really not trying to be a dick...but I'm also not gonna let people talk about what they don't know, especially when they are just plain wrong.

Last edited by FormulaZR; 06-28-2009 at 07:26 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:28 PM

Yes
Originally Posted by len56
Age group is slightly under 20

I'm can't call myself a transformers fan (watched like 1 or 2 episodes when I was younger :P), but I really like both movies, and the Camaro looks damn nice in them.

Maybe if I get enough money I can infact get both XD

It just fits as a first car.... but then again the Benz is probably built better in every way, and slightly more good looking :P
Hell...just combine the two! Get an 09 CTS-V! Luxo car with the heart of a muscle car...and sinister looks to boot! Quickest sedan around the 'Ring yet!
Old 06-28-2009, 09:05 PM

C350

Enjoy the ride, JV
lol, what's your age?

I'm thinking I can save the luxury for later :P

and I'm pretty sure chicks my age would dig a Camaro, a LOT. besides, most others in my grade are going to be driving '99 dodge neons or something. >.>

Last edited by len56; 06-28-2009 at 09:40 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:09 PM

Yes
Originally Posted by len56
lol, what's your age?

I'm thinking I can save the luxury for later :P

and I'm pretty sure chicks my age would dig a Camaro, a LOT.

I sent you a PM...just for some info for you.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI

Enjoy the ride, JV
I love MBs and all, but they don't exactly have sterling reliability record.....especially after Daimler.... We can love our brand and all, but lets not be naive. How many American cars have you owned? I've had a few and taken them well over 100,000 mark and they're still ticking. Even through some of the abuse and lack of proper maintenance in my youth.

Again...you're absolutely wrong! 2 of my F-bodies are over 100k miles...actually over 120k miles. One is an LT1 and one is an LS1, both are H/C/I cars and are both consistent 11 sec cars. Neither of these cars have given me any trouble and have only had routine maintenance performed on them. The LT1 car gets 24 mpg and the LS1 gets 26 mpg. Beyond that, my 99 with 81k is a consistent 9 sec street car with a/c and ported factory heads. It gets over 20 mpg and again, it has never given me a bit of trouble. My cars are all well taken care of but not abused. How are they unreliable? Maybe you could provide us with your source who is well informed that F-bodies are not reliable cars over 100k miles? And btw, you don't want to get under 25 year old girls to tell you if they like T/A's, Z28, or SS's better than an MB! I've been there....and you'll lose!

And as for your obsolete comment...I can go into autozone and find almost any part for a 72 Impala any day of the week. Can you find even a single part for yours anywhere but the dealer or Import salvage yard?

BTW, except for the MB cars with FI V8's, FI V12's, or the 63's, pedal to the metal on any MB is equivalent to 1/2 to 2/3 throttle on a Z28, SS, T/A, or Formula.

I'm really not trying to be a dick...but I'm also not gonna let people talk about what they don't know, especially when they are just plain wrong.
+1 All valid points.

Last edited by Azn_C300; 06-28-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:44 PM

C350
I sent you a PM...just for some info for you.
thanks, replied!

it's good you told me, I would have never noticed that little notifications button :P
Old 06-29-2009, 02:35 AM

2008 C300 Sport, 2010 RX350 AWD
ok..just came back from watching transformer 2..the 1st half of the movie was pretty good..but the 2nd half is a long drag..
what's the deal w/ US army getting more camera time than the actual robot fights??
they should have really focus on the bots, INDIVIDUAL BOTS and the small core of the special force lead by Lennox..
instead..the last hour of the movie was like a military parade of the entire US military......
Old 06-29-2009, 03:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Did anyone notice the new Corvette in the movie? Comments?
Old 06-29-2009, 06:51 AM

C300, 330i, MDX
Originally Posted by chokaay
Agreed. Get what you want now (whether it's a MB, or Camaro, or whatever). Once you get married, most likely your wife will be more accepting of you getting a MB (rather than a MB now and a Camaro later)...
+1
Old 06-29-2009, 07:46 AM

Yes
Originally Posted by bigben320e
I love it! Reminescent of the '59 Stingray racer and the '63 Split Window...I'd drive it in a minute! It's a nice balance of retro and modern. Unfortunately, it is a show piece only and not intended for production...sad day...
Old 06-29-2009, 08:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport, RWD, US
Originally Posted by tanktube67
We have to invest on USA goods.
My $0.02
Which raises an interesting question.

Buy American and get a car that's made as cheaply as possible and replace it ever 7-10 years or spend twice as much and buy a C class MB that in theory would last 20-30 year but pay through the gazoo for any repairs. Either way, you're screwed.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:21 AM

Yes
Originally Posted by JimPap
Which raises an interesting question.

Buy American and get a car that's made as cheaply as possible and replace it ever 7-10 years or spend twice as much and buy a C class MB that in theory would last 20-30 year but pay through the gazoo for any repairs. Either way, you're screwed.

I must be the only person who's had good luck with American stuff! All of my American stuff is over 10 years old and haven't shown any signs of giving up! One of them is 33 years old and still going strong!
Old 06-29-2009, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C300 4Matic
i've had

dodge caravan .new
pontiac sunfire .new
jeep cherokee laredo .new
pontiac fire bird .used

all were giving problems with in 1 to 2 years... the jeep gave the least.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:55 AM

Yes
Originally Posted by TB5...
i've had

dodge caravan .new
pontiac sunfire .new
jeep cherokee laredo .new
pontiac fire bird .used

all were giving problems with in 1 to 2 years... the jeep gave the least.
Ok, the first 3 I'm not surprised about at all. And I guess I should concede that the "bottom of the barrel" American cars aren't great...Cavaliers, Sunfires, newer Malibus, Neons, Exploders (Explorers), Focuses, etc...

The Firebird does surprise me a little bit, maybe...was it a V6 or V8? If it was the V6 car I could see a few issues...but if it was the V8 then honestly I'm very surprised.

I don't mean to say that they have NO problems...but they typically have minimal problems (when they are the higher end models). That being said though, my CL has had quite a few problems also that I wouldn't expect in a car of it's level. I've replaced the IC pump, 2 ventilated seat motors, broken plastic trim (the seat mounted glove box), and I'm currently working on the multicontour seat not working and a secondary air issue...and this is all within the first 6 months of ownership! It's an 03 with only 32k miles...I'm not impressed so far.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:50 AM

C350
Originally Posted by justthinking
ok..just came back from watching transformer 2..the 1st half of the movie was pretty good..but the 2nd half is a long drag..
what's the deal w/ US army getting more camera time than the actual robot fights??
they should have really focus on the bots, INDIVIDUAL BOTS and the small core of the special force lead by Lennox..
instead..the last hour of the movie was like a military parade of the entire US military......
haha, to me, it was like, whatever, it was still totally epic :P

shots of tanks, planes, soldiers +epic music =fun to watch :P

I don't really think there was more on screen military action though.... it was mostly either robots or sam and mikeala or a mix of robots + army +s&m
Old 06-29-2009, 12:00 PM

2008 Sport C-300, 2003 Accord Coupe V6
Originally Posted by bigben320e
His name is Sideswipe, if you care to know...
Old 06-29-2009, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
Ok, the first 3 I'm not surprised about at all. And I guess I should concede that the "bottom of the barrel" American cars aren't great...Cavaliers, Sunfires, newer Malibus, Neons, Exploders (Explorers), Focuses, etc...
1993 Explorer 190,000
2001 Malibu 150,000

Both still running strong and both were abused to no end. Guess I'm lucky
Old 06-29-2009, 02:26 PM

'09 C300 4Matic Sport
My first car was a 1996 Mustang GT...had it for 11 years and never had any problems with it.

OP...Chevy has released (or will be releasing) a BumbleBee Edition Camaro...it looks exactly like the one in Transformers 2. I still like the original BumbleBee from the 1st Tranfsormers movie better. I'm not a fan of the rims and bumper on the new version

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I watched transformers... now I want a Camaro >.>