C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Rear Seat Bottom Removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 05:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C200
Rear Seat Bottom Removal

I have scoured the internet on how to remove the rear seat bottom on a W204 without folding seats, but cannot find anything clear. I can unhook two latches at the front of the back seat bottom, but it seems there is still one or two brackets either on the side or at the back of the seat bottom stopping it from being completely removed. Any ideas?

I initially tried this to open a path to route cables from the boot of the car, but now there are some strings I unlatched on the base of the seat bottom. I need to remove the bottom to figure out how to re-hook the strings and I still need to find a way of routing cable to the boot. It seems this part is never described in detail in diy threads, which baffles me as it is not that straight forward
Old 07-12-2009, 06:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
I have not yet removed the rear seat but I have been told by my MB dealer mechanic that after unlatching the two front catches as you have done, the seat has to be pushed backwards to unlatch the rear catches.

I am interested to know how you go. John.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C200
Ta-daa! You were right. You have to have one hand underneath the seat, so that when you push it back you can then push it upwards. There are two vertical hooks on the cross member near the outer seatbelt bolts, which point backwards and therefore that's the direction of release.

It's luck of the draw with technicians. I was told that the seat bottom was bolted, but from my observations that was not making sense. It would be much easier if they could admit when they don't know.

Thanks for the crucial tip. Took more note the second time. I think I read another thread where you mentioned the same thing.
Attached Thumbnails Rear Seat Bottom Removal-w204_rear_seat_bottom.jpg