C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Sirius Satellite Radio option...

Old 07-16-2009, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 C300 Sport
Sirius Satellite Radio option...

MB will include 6 months subscription free correct? I'm only considering it because it is a requirement for the MM pkg if not getting the P1 pkg. Is it only because of the traffic information that I need it? What if I don't continue to subscribe after 6 months? Nav will still work, but without traffic, correct? Are you people with the P1 and NAV doing the same subscription? How much a month?

Sirius is already a $450 option in order to get MM so it's like I'm paying for sat radio & traffic anyway, then if I don't continue to sub (don't listen to radio) it's a big waste.

http://www.sirius.com/traffic (Sirius Traffic) for $4/mo. doesn't show the C class as having a compatible nav system. Regardless, would I have to do that or http://www.sirius.com/travellink (Sirius Travel Link) for $6/mo.... IN ADDITION TO the monthly Sirius sub?

Kind of disappointed that this will require a monthly as BMW makes traffic info available free for lifetime through Clear Channel (no sub).

Last edited by rh71; 07-16-2009 at 02:43 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:51 PM

2008 C-350 Palladium Silver and MM.
Your about to be even more disappointed. They don't offer realtime traffic. The serius is only radio.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:02 PM

'10 C300 Sport
Just trying to understand why MM would require either P1 or at least Sirius then. I know the MM has the radio feature obviously, but is this their way of making you pay for stuff in a pkg then?
Old 07-16-2009, 05:18 PM

06 E55 Blaq on Blaq
The MM will continue to function just fine without the Sirius(ly f*d up) subscription. Yes, MB "SAYS" you get 6 months free with the purchase of a new vehicle. I only got about 45 days worth. I called the dealer and MB, they said call Sirius. I called Sirius, they said that my "free" subscription had somehow been activated by the dealer or at the factory (WTF) and that there was nothing that they could do, as the free six months is programmed into a microchip (WTF) and they have no way of overriding or reprogramming it. I called the dealer again. If you have the SD card slot and I'm assuming that you do, get an 8Gb card ($40), a PCMCIA adapter from Best Buy or Guitar Center ($15) and download your own music onto the card for playback through the car's seriously nice stereo system. Better yet, if you've got an iPhone, download the Pandora app from the App Store (free), create your own radio stations, plug the iPhone into the adapter in your glove box, start the app on your phone and chill to your personally created radio stations. If you don't have an iPhone, get one.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:37 AM

C300 4matic Sport, CBR 954
Originally Posted by rh71
Just trying to understand why MM would require either P1 or at least Sirius then. I know the MM has the radio feature obviously, but is this their way of making you pay for stuff in a pkg then?

im not sure on this but i think other than the fact that they want to get more money out of u its the button config. on ur center concole, i think its an all or nothing deal with it, either u get the p1 package with either mm or the 5 inch screen or u dont get any of it at all, u get the sirus with the p1 + versions but if u dont then its a diff concole they put in then is bone stock with nothing, but honesty the p1 is soooo worth it in this car, i think one would be a fool if they didnt get at least that.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:02 PM

'10 C300 Sport
hmm if it's going to be a barebones console then that won't work for us either. Anyone have a pic of their interior without P1?
Old 07-23-2009, 03:35 AM

hmm if it's going to be a barebones console then that won't work for us either. Anyone have a pic of their interior without P1?
u dont need one it looks like this, no number dialing on the side, a singel disk player and less butt on the left side too cuz all u got is disk, radio and a couple of otheres, again if u cant afford the p1 at least then u should get a diff car.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:01 AM

'10 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by CrAZyVeGAsBoY
u dont need one it looks like this, no number dialing on the side, a singel disk player and less butt on the left side too cuz all u got is disk, radio and a couple of otheres, again if u cant afford the p1 at least then u should get a diff car.
I'm making the purchasing decision for my mom and you know them... they don't want what they don't need. My influence is that a luxury model should not look barebones so I've already decided MM rather than UMI... and this was the next problem.

Last edited by rh71; 07-23-2009 at 08:04 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:43 AM

I'm making the purchasing decision for my mom and you know them... they don't want what they don't need. My influence is that a luxury model should not look barebones so I've already decided MM rather than UMI... and this was the next problem.
well if u get MM then u have to have the p1 package
Old 07-24-2009, 07:09 AM

'10 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by CrAZyVeGAsBoY
well if u get MM then u have to have the p1 package
or just the sirius option according to build your own. I started this thread because of that.

I wrote my dealer and he said: "the only visible difference is the full power seat with memory missing. The power seat control will be on the side of the seat. Same console, climate control etc!!"

Borrowing esko's pic just as a frame of reference: http://www4.slikomat.com/09/0721/g8o-Slika0.jpg

They probably didn't go through the trouble of building a different console because of production costs...?

Last edited by rh71; 07-24-2009 at 07:21 AM.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
S350 BT 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Chaz00Blue
Your about to be even more disappointed. They don't offer realtime traffic. The serius is only radio.
Sirius offers traffic for major areas already, on specific channels. But it is less timely than what you can get from your local FM station that does the same.