C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Ways to get out of Photo Enforced tickets

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
I don't mind red light cameras as long as they are used to catch truly blatent light runners and not simply to make money off of drivers squeezing through on "dark yellow". I have gotten a $70/no point ticket here in Atlanta due to an idiot changing lanes in front of me in the middle of the intersection...I had to slam on the brakes and was left hanging late in the intersection. Guess I could have tried to fight it but thought it was easier just to pay it. At $400 I would have gone to court.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 C63
Considering the government is giving out bail outs left and right you're not going to get out of it. Most likely you will loose.
I couldn't get out of a parking ticket where they put no signs within 200ft of the car. If I can't get out of $40 I doubt you're going to get out of $400 lol
Old 07-20-2009, 02:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350
Originally Posted by pg2373
As a police officer..yes we are held accountable if we are caught speeding w/ the speed enforcement cameras or the red light cameras. This is when we are driving in our cruisers!!!!!! The department I work for punishes us by first paying the fine but also a written reprimand on the first infraction. The second time around, we pay the fine AND get money taken out of our checks for violating departmental policy!!! So YES we do get punished just like regular citizens.
Thank you for your input, but there's just something about the concept I still don't want to agree with. I'm mostly concerned about getting another ticket within the next 18 months because I really don't want my insurance to go up, but I guess either way I did what I did.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:18 AM

'07 CLS550, '10 BMW X5M, '10 Avalanche LTZ, '06 F-150 FX-4
I just got one these photo tickets in the mail today for running a red..it only cost me $50.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:56 AM

2008 Obsidian Black C300 Sport 6 spd
why is your car in your dad's name? this wouldn't be an issue if you just bought the car yourself.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:15 AM

Velvet Fleetwood
given Cali's economic condition, it's not looking good for you. State is desperate to raise funds, hence $400+ tickets. i would pay the fine, not even bother showing up to court.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
Originally Posted by Metric AW550
I just got one these photo tickets in the mail today for running a red..it only cost me $50.
Where on LI is the camera?
Old 07-20-2009, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
Originally Posted by vb26
given Cali's economic condition, it's not looking good for you. State is desperate to raise funds, hence $400+ tickets. i would pay the fine, not even bother showing up to court.
Show up in court and request to pay the fine and to have the points dropped.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:49 PM

Acura MDX
I agree w/ C300Sport...it varies of course in different states, if you go to court and just admit what you did was wrong, the judge will usually drop the points and make you pay the fine. You can also possibly ask for an extension to pay the fine due to the cost of it. Who know's...you may get a cool judge and he could lower the fine as well.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Metric AW550

I see you are on long island - which intersection did this occur at? We need to start building a list of where Suozzi's new cameras are.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Never mind, here is the list for Nassau County:

http://www.nytrafficticket.com/Nassa...era_Locations/

I am sure Suozzi will be adding more of these, there are dozens of poorly timed intersections on long island that will bring in loads of cash with these cameras.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
California Law state you can turn right on a red light but you have to make a full stop and then proceeded when is safe to do so, but this is a photo ticket go see the Judge and ask him to prove that you didn't made a full stop before you turned right.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:06 PM

C350
Originally Posted by tanktube67
California Law state you can turn right on a red light but you have to make a full stop and then proceeded when is safe to do so, but this is a photo ticket go see the Judge and ask him to prove that you didn't made a full stop before you turned right.
THERE'S A VIDEOOO!!!!!! I know if there were only pictures I could have clearly gotten away with it! Does any1 know that in California Law I could go to the court and say I am guilty, pay the fine, and BEG for the point not to go on my record?? That would be awesome
Old 07-20-2009, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Originally Posted by mat2hu
THERE'S A VIDEOOO!!!!!! I know if there were only pictures I could have clearly gotten away with it! Does any1 know that in California Law I could go to the court and say I am guilty, pay the fine, and BEG for the point not to go on my record?? That would be awesome
A VID!!! You are toast buddy, you have two choices go to court and tell the Judge it’s you on the picture. Second choice ask your dad for forgiveness, pay the fine and go to traffic school so it won’t affect your dad’s driving record, I’m sure your dad will not have a problem with that, but you’ll have to hear him.
Good Luck.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63
ROFL a video? ummmm good luck?
Old 07-20-2009, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 4matic
I wish my city (Denver) had more red light camera.
Red light runners are rampant here.

Anyways, you should respect the law and take responsibility for your actions.
You are lucky that you were caught on camera instead of a cop -- you won't get any points on your driving record if caught on camera (at least in my state).
Old 07-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Administrator

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Traffic lights, color and meaning

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/hdbk/traff_lgts_sgns.htm
Old 07-20-2009, 07:23 PM

2008 C300 Sport
Old 07-20-2009, 09:57 PM

C-300, XC70, Wrangler
Running red lights .....

Yesterday I had green, and was partway into the intersection when I realized (peripheral vision) I had to stop, NOW. Why? A police cruiser was running the red light, getting read to stop a car that had run the red light while my light was also still red. I hadn't even realized the guy had actually run the red light, or that a cop was in the neighborhood.

I sure realized that I shouldn't smack into the police car.

Cloverleaf interchanges for all slow-speed interstections!
Old 07-20-2009, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
Simple question, simple answer....drive plate-less.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jstaneff
Cloverleaf interchanges for all slow-speed interstections!
I love the studies that show traffic circles are safer than traffic lights. The theory is that people have to put down the coffee, books, makeup, shavers, etc and actually concentrate and pay attention to what they are doing...at least for a few fleeting seconds.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:58 PM

Acura MDX
Mat2hu:

Just trying to figure this out...Since the vehicle is in ur dads name, that means he will get the notice correct? Does this mean that when ur dad goes to court, the judge will order ur to tell him who was driving the car??

In ref to the video: where I am at there is no video but still photo shots that tell your speed while you were making your turn. Only way I can see to fight this is to ask the judge when was the last time the unit was calibrated. If he can't provide an answer or if there is noone there to provide paperwork to show it was calibrated recently during the time of ur infraction, it should be thrown out. BUt thats just my opinion.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:21 AM

C350
Originally Posted by pg2373
Mat2hu:

Just trying to figure this out...Since the vehicle is in ur dads name, that means he will get the notice correct? Does this mean that when ur dad goes to court, the judge will order ur to tell him who was driving the car??

In ref to the video: where I am at there is no video but still photo shots that tell your speed while you were making your turn. Only way I can see to fight this is to ask the judge when was the last time the unit was calibrated. If he can't provide an answer or if there is noone there to provide paperwork to show it was calibrated recently during the time of ur infraction, it should be thrown out. BUt thats just my opinion.
ok so basically as far as I have researched, my dad does NOT have to identify who the driver is. My dad could go to court, tell the judge it clearly was not him in that picture, and walk away. Cops will try to strong arm my father while we are setting up the court date to identify who the actual driver is, but there is no law that states that my dad has to point out that information. Next thing cops will do is see who else is registered as a driver under the same address, and they will figure out that it was me. But in order to do that, it takes cops alot of time to have to match up my drivers license photo with the picture taken. So basically I would have had a chance like that for the court to dismiss it because they don't have time, but my dad does not want to go to court. Other than that, I found an interesting article here that I have posted, you should check this out its hilarious.

http://helpigotaticket.com/stra/redlight.html

please tell me if you think this would work or not.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:54 AM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
1953 300 Adenauer, 1971 300 SEL 6.3, 1975 600, 1978 450 6.9
Sorry....

Originally Posted by mat2hu
ok so basically as far as I have researched, my dad does NOT have to identify who the driver is. My dad could go to court, tell the judge it clearly was not him in that picture, and walk away. Cops will try to strong arm my father while we are setting up the court date to identify who the actual driver is, but there is no law that states that my dad has to point out that information. Next thing cops will do is see who else is registered as a driver under the same address, and they will figure out that it was me. But in order to do that, it takes cops alot of time to have to match up my drivers license photo with the picture taken. So basically I would have had a chance like that for the court to dismiss it because they don't have time, but my dad does not want to go to court. Other than that, I found an interesting article here that I have posted, you should check this out its hilarious.

http://helpigotaticket.com/stra/redlight.html

please tell me if you think this would work or not.

...but unless your state laws are different from any of the other 49 states, the registered owner will get the ticket. If the registered owner wishes to get out of it, then he or she will need to inform the court who was driving the driving the car.

Somebody will pay for a red light ticket unless the driver or registered owner goes to court and gets it reduced.

You would be better served by obeying traffic laws and getting a summer job to pay for this ticket rather than spending time trying to find some non-existent legal loophole.

There used to be a time in Germany when people would register their cars in their spouse's names just for this reason. Since Germany had a "quick charge" rule that required people to be charged within 90 days this is how it would go:

Day 30 after the ticket - "here's your ticket, respond in 14 days"
Day 44 - "I wasn't the driver"
Day 74 - " who was the driver? respond in 14 days"
Day 88 - " That was my wife"
Day 118 - " Here's the ticket for your wife, respond in 14 days"
Day 132 - " sorry, the ticket is invalid as it was issued more than 90 days after the offense"

They closed that loophole many years ago.

In summary - you have 3 choices:

Pay the fine and suck it up
Go to court, explain the situation and hope to get it reduced
Get a lawyer (that'll cost more than it is worth), go to court and hope to get it reduced
Old 07-21-2009, 08:03 AM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
1953 300 Adenauer, 1971 300 SEL 6.3, 1975 600, 1978 450 6.9
Actually, I have a better suggestion....

Originally Posted by CEB
...but unless your state laws are different from any of the other 49 states, the registered owner will get the ticket. If the registered owner wishes to get out of it, then he or she will need to inform the court who was driving the driving the car.

Somebody will pay for a red light ticket unless the driver or registered owner goes to court and gets it reduced.

You would be better served by obeying traffic laws and getting a summer job to pay for this ticket rather than spending time trying to find some non-existent legal loophole.

There used to be a time in Germany when people would register their cars in their spouse's names just for this reason. Since Germany had a "quick charge" rule that required people to be charged within 90 days this is how it would go:

Day 30 after the ticket - "here's your ticket, respond in 14 days"
Day 44 - "I wasn't the driver"
Day 74 - " who was the driver? respond in 14 days"
Day 88 - " That was my wife"
Day 118 - " Here's the ticket for your wife, respond in 14 days"
Day 132 - " sorry, the ticket is invalid as it was issued more than 90 days after the offense"

They closed that loophole many years ago.

In summary - you have 3 choices:

Pay the fine and suck it up
Go to court, explain the situation and hope to get it reduced
Get a lawyer (that'll cost more than it is worth), go to court and hope to get it reduced
...go to court and try that "defense" that was suggested in your link.

I'm betting that you'll **** out of that court with points, the full fine and court costs...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ways to get out of Photo Enforced tickets