C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

C350 Options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 01:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350
C350 Options

Just purchased a new '09 C350 w/ MM, P2, Pano roof, AMG Wheels, iPod, and illuminating door sill. Previously before this, I was driving an '02 BMW 330Ci. I was hoping to share some gripe with other owners to get some feedback.

• Mileage - Maybe because the car isn't broken in (600 miles), the mileage is around 23.4 MPG. With my old BMW, I was getting somewhere around 28.5 MPG. I knew I'd get a drop going with an automatic, but didn't think it'd drop that much. The MPG calculation is done manually (full tank, reset odometer, refill tank, divide by miles traveled). My commute is still the same, and my foot is usually lighter on the gas peddle as I'm still waiting to break-in the car. Will further evaluate when there is more miles in the car.
  • Navigation - The voice command is surprisingly good. My only gripe is that there isn't a "Back" function. When I hit back on the command button, it cancels the entire voice address entry.
  • iPod Integration - What a joke. If I wasn't purchasing an '09 with limited selection, I would not have purchased the iPod Integration.
    • I can't control the iPod except on the steering wheel.
    • iPod isn't even integrated with the COMMAND unit. Can't see any artist, song, or album information on the unit.
    • Can't control iPod's playlist. Don't have access to which playlist, album, artist, or anything else.
    • Does not display foreign characters (even in unicode)
  • Bluetooth - Bluetooth is a must have. But no iPhone address book transfer? Even my girlfriend's '07 BMW automatically transfers the address book on my iPhone.
  • Keyless Go Option - Not even an option until 2010? They had this in a Toyota Prius in 2005.
  • No Mirror Tilt in Reverse - Even my '02 had this option. Why did Mercedes strip this out?
  • No Option for PDC - No parking distance control?!

Aside from these issues, I really do like the C350. The ride is very smooth and solid as you'd expect from a Mercedes. The pano roof is a big seller for me, and the car looks great. A few questions for other owners:

1. Did anyone figure out how to enable the mirror tilt function?
  2. Is there any easy way to transfer the address book into the car? Maybe using my Macbook's bluetooth?
  3. Is there a cost effective way to integrate iPod?
Old 10-19-2009, 02:32 AM

You share the same gripes we did 2 years ago. However, we all learned to live with it.

Mileage: It gets better. You'll notice it after a few thousand.

Navigation: No comment as I don't need it(Live on an island)

iPod Integration: Even before I purchased my car(October 2007), there were threads on how bad the integration is. I'm actually surprised it wasn't improved on, but I have used this before and I'd say it's much better than iDrive that I had back on my previous car.

Bluetooth: It's actually much better in terms of compatibility than most other cars.

Keyless-Go: I'd agree it's a nice thing to have, but I'm one of those people who rather have technology that's enough, without all the other extremely complicated goodies.

Mirror reverse tilt: Same reason why your 2009 does not have automatic closing mirrors. Complaint and litigation happy American consumers.

PDC: Quickpark. Is it not available anymore for C Classes? I believe it still should be.

1. Search "mirror tilt"
2. Search "address book"
3. Not too sure if UMI improves upon it.

Lastly, just enjoy your car. I've had for the last 2 years to this date. My delivery was October 19, 2007.

Last edited by imboom; 10-19-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 Mercedes C300 4Matic
I'm getting 19mpg city with a light foot. And Im driving a C300 (4Matic) lol Highway I cant get more than 23mpg.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Hey Yogi, I also got a new 09' C350 with the exact same options. Mileage is also exactly the same, but I actually don't think the mileage is all that bad. Probably because I'm coming from an SUV. Where did you get your car from and do you mind telling me how much you paid?
Old 10-19-2009, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Originally Posted by yogi98
Just purchased a new '09 C350 w/ MM, P2, Pano roof, AMG Wheels, iPod, and illuminating door sill. Previously before this, I was driving an '02 BMW 330Ci. I was hoping to share some gripe with other owners to get some feedback.

2. Is there any easy way to transfer the address book into the car? Maybe using my Macbook's bluetooth?
Congrats!

1. NO
2. NO
3. NO

Enjoy your new ride.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
\
2. I think you have to use the bluetooth vcard or some **** to transfer your address book. I've only got like 4 numbers in my car anyways, no need to dig through all 200 numbers from my phone. There's definitely a forum topic on this though.

3. Throw your ipod away and use the memory card reader. There's also a thread on this.

EDIT: I get around 17 MPG.. don't complain.

Last edited by Peabody; 10-19-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:20 PM

Very FAST!
Originally Posted by Peabody
2. I think you have to use the bluetooth vcard or some **** to transfer your address book. I've only got like 4 numbers in my car anyways, no need to dig through all 200 numbers from my phone. There's definitely a forum topic on this though.

3. Throw your ipod away and use the memory card reader. There's also a thread on this.

EDIT: I get around 17 MPG.. don't complain.

17 mpg????? I get nearly this in my H2
Old 10-19-2009, 03:29 PM

2012 C63 AMG

• Mileage - Maybe because the car isn't broken in (600 miles), the mileage is around 23.4 MPG. With my old BMW, I was getting somewhere around 28.5 MPG. I knew I'd get a drop going with an automatic, but didn't think it'd drop that much. The MPG calculation is done manually (full tank, reset odometer, refill tank, divide by miles traveled). My commute is still the same, and my foot is usually lighter on the gas peddle as I'm still waiting to break-in the car. Will further evaluate when there is more miles in the car.
  • Navigation - The voice command is surprisingly good. My only gripe is that there isn't a "Back" function. When I hit back on the command button, it cancels the entire voice address entry.
  • iPod Integration - What a joke. If I wasn't purchasing an '09 with limited selection, I would not have purchased the iPod Integration.
    • I can't control the iPod except on the steering wheel.
    • iPod isn't even integrated with the COMMAND unit. Can't see any artist, song, or album information on the unit.
    • Can't control iPod's playlist. Don't have access to which playlist, album, artist, or anything else.
    • Does not display foreign characters (even in unicode)
  • Bluetooth - Bluetooth is a must have. But no iPhone address book transfer? Even my girlfriend's '07 BMW automatically transfers the address book on my iPhone.
  • Keyless Go Option - Not even an option until 2010? They had this in a Toyota Prius in 2005.
  • No Mirror Tilt in Reverse - Even my '02 had this option. Why did Mercedes strip this out?
  • No Option for PDC - No parking distance control?!
Aside from these issues, I really do like the C350. The ride is very smooth and solid as you'd expect from a Mercedes. The pano roof is a big seller for me, and the car looks great. A few questions for other owners:

Wow I never realized how much more we have in our C350's north of the border.

Mileage wise, I get 12.8L/100km on the gauge. It's close to that in reality I believe, I'll have to do a calculation on my next fill up to confirm.

iPod Integration, no idea why you guys don't get controls via the COMAND system, but we do up here.

Bluetooth synced and downloaded by BB contacts, not sure about Apple contacts.

KeylessGO available up here and on my C350.

Mirror Tilt Reverse I have, to program (not sure if it works on yours), but when in reverse, select the passenger mirror, adjust it down, then hit the memory button and then I think its the passenger mirror button again or the seat memory number, and it should be saved. When you put the car in reverse, it should tilt down every time and the passenger mirror should be auto selected.

PDC came with my C350.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm sure you probably already know how much MORE you have to pay for your W204 then us fokes from the states. :-P
Old 10-19-2009, 06:13 PM

2012 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
I'm sure you probably already know how much MORE you have to pay for your W204 then us fokes from the states. :-P
That's true, how much it for a C350 down there? I don't think they come with 4MATIC as well do they?
Old 10-19-2009, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Right now fully loaded 2010's are going for 44k. You are correct, we don't have 4matics here. I've driven a E350 4matic and it felt like a slug to me, so I don't think I would have ordered one like that anyway. I guess it's different for you guys up in the Great White North. I hope you have a set of snow tires for your 4matic.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:56 AM

C350
yo my mpg is CRAZYY GOODD!!!! clearly you guys aren't as "light" gas tappers as you say you are. Driving in PURE traffic i'll get like at lowest 15 MPG. I've gotten up to 32MPG on my car before, but thats because the car taught me how to get the best mileage.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:34 PM

A few different ones
[*]iPod Integration - What a joke. If I wasn't purchasing an '09 with limited selection, I would not have purchased the iPod Integration.
[*]I can't control the iPod except on the steering wheel.[*]iPod isn't even integrated with the COMMAND unit. Can't see any artist, song, or album information on the unit.

Not sure if you realize this but you can access playlist, albums, artist,Songs, etc by using the buttons on the right side of the steering wheel controls. I don't have my car with me today but I beleive it is the Telephone controls.

The display is still going to be where the gauges ...
Old 10-20-2009, 08:46 PM

2012 ML350BTC
Navigation - Say "CORRECTION" and it will back-up to the previous menu and allow you to change your comand (read the Manual)

iPod - Push the Telephone Answer/Hang-Up button don't remember which one off the top of my head I don't own an iPod) on the right side of the steering wheel to toggle backwards from song to album to artist to playlist/genre/etc.... then press OK on the left side of the steering wheel to accept what you would like to explore...playlists for example (read the iPod Manual)

Bluetooth - Apple's problem that it isn't easier, not MB. If Apple didn't do their best to go out of their way to be different/difficult your phone book would download just as easy as all the Blackberries and Motorola's do.

Keyless GO - I am happy for your Prius. MB invented this in 1997 and MBUSA decided not to bring it over on the initial offerings (like it is in Canada and Europe). My guess is #1 so they could price it as silly low as it is, and #2 so that later builds (2010 for example) would be 'fresher' and true upgrades.

Rear Parking Distance sensors is dealer option to add. Has been from Day 1.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
\
Originally Posted by jmsspratlin
17 mpg????? I get nearly this in my H2
You probably don't drive your H2 over 100 MPH every time you cruise the highway.