C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

DVD Player has faint scrolling interference bars while playin - HELP - NEED SOULTION!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 12:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Exclamation DVD Player has faint scrolling interference bars while playin - HELP - NEED SOULTION!

So I plugged in and tested my MidCity VIM module today (Command Unit still is sticking out 6 inches from cables, but thats a different story and i'm taking care of that tomorrow), and I noticed that while playing a DVD, there is noticeable electrical interference in the video signal that manifests itself in the form of vertical scrolling bars that are noticable against a black screen or dark scenes in the movie...

I don't think my DVD player ever had issues with signal quality until now, after I installed the Midcity VIM using there supplied "T Harness"

So my question is, do you think I will be able to eliminate signal interference if I eliminate thje T harness and use the direct wire technique?

Or do you think the interference may be coming from the actual VIM module itself and not the harness???

PLease let me know if you guys have any solutions for this... I am a videophile and will not tolerate even the sligtest signal flaws so i hope there is a solution cus I would hate to lose the VIM...
Old 10-23-2009, 01:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you tried unplugging it and see if the signal is improved?
Old 10-23-2009, 06:05 AM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Wow - in a car that is unusual. Hum bars in domestic situations are usually 50/60 Hz being picked up on the cable or gound loops. Let us know how you kill this one. My only suggestion is to ensure that you have no differential on the earth. Ensure proper earth to the cars body or go as far as a dedicated wire back to the negative terminal of the battery.

You can Jury rig this initially with an external piece of wire out of the door to the battery to see if it cures it.

The only AC on a car is at the alternator. Does it do this with the engine shut down?

EDIT - I too am a videophile & the Jensen Transformer Coy has done well out of me with it's ISO MAX VRD-1FF isolators chasing just such scrolling hum bars in my domestic installation. If it does this with the engine shut down there must be some oscillator beating a frequency onto the video feed. Today's cars have so many micro processors I would not know where to start. Obviously start by unplugging the VIM.

If you get stuck - phone Jensen Transformers. They have some really knowledgeable people at diagnosing such problems.

Last edited by Glyn M Ruck; 10-23-2009 at 06:24 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
\
It's most likely poor grounding on the VIM.