C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Axxis Ceramic pads installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C350 P2 MM Pano
Axxis Ceramic pads installed

Just finished the rear pads replacement on my 09 C350. Annoyed by the amount of rear brake dust the OEM pads produced, I thought I'd give these a shot.

Compared to the OEM pads, the Axxis pads are not beveled on the edges. The inside pad also lacks the metal guide tabs that seat into the piston.

Will report back on how well these fare this weekend!
Old 10-31-2009, 01:40 AM

C350
Originally Posted by smikes19
Just finished the rear pads replacement on my 09 C350. Annoyed by the amount of rear brake dust the OEM pads produced, I thought I'd give these a shot.

Compared to the OEM pads, the Axxis pads are not beveled on the edges. The inside pad also lacks the metal guide tabs that seat into the piston.

Will report back on how well these fare this weekend!
I had these on my BMW and they were great. Then again, any aftermarket pads would be better than the OEM BMW pad's dust.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:00 AM

C300 Sport 6MT
I've used Axxis pads exclusively on my cars for years and have nothing but good things to say. I use the Ultimates vs the Deluxe since I'm after better stopping power. Even when switching over and driving the SUV, the initial bite on that 5400lb car is better then the C. I'm chomping at the bit to just swap pads now, but am trying to be good and let the stock pads wear out first.
I'll bet you'll have positive things to say after your swap Smikes...
Old 10-31-2009, 08:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2015 BMW M235i 6MT
I'd like to know how these are compared to the updated pads.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w204 - 350 N other white cars
i ordered mine like a month ago and there was a manufacturing defects... there is no metal clip prongs that hold the brake pad... so for all those who want these brakes, you should wait a little as they correct the problem... mine just arrived (revised) today and should be putting these on very soon...the one i am putting on are the revised and corrected brake pads.. however, there is only about 15 batches of these corrected brake pads for now as nugeon components is the only third party that manufacture for axiss brake pad in the u.s...for those who might not have these yet, i am sure the oem brake pad (revise brake pad of course) will work just as good as these axiss...
Old 11-12-2009, 06:03 PM

2008 C300 Sport!
how much is to change the brake pads?
Old 11-12-2009, 06:04 PM

2008 C300 Sport!
how much is it to change the brake pads?
Old 11-12-2009, 09:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204 Color: 090 / 1999 Honda Civic EX / 2003 Acura TL
do you have a website so i can order?
Old 11-12-2009, 09:57 PM

08 W204
who make the pads
Old 11-12-2009, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 BMW M235i 6MT
I've had this "shaking" forever and I finally figured out what it was! Squeaking brakes! So I have excessive brake and squeaking brakes, both of which were covered by the TSB. I've complained about it two times but only received advice about waxing wheels... Maybe I'll try again, this time with the TSB printed out.

Until then, I'm looking into aftermarket brake pads. Whatever happened to the Porterfield pads that were suppose to be out in May? And how is brake dust with these pads?
Old 11-14-2009, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by C300CHET
how much is to change the brake pads?
Dealership i don't know.. but other members have stated that it cost them $100+ ... remember, i am just changing the rear brake pad... my benz autoshop only charge me $50 for labor... the pad by itself is around $50..

Originally Posted by Spec_Davis
do you have a website so i can order?
here you go spec.. http://www.axxisbrakes.com/wheretobuy.html
its their home page and it list all of the retailters... check around for cheaper price and make sure you ask about the prong clip that is suppose to be attached to the brake as they just had the problem corrected..

Originally Posted by AL_ATC
who make the pads
if Axxis don't have them then they have NuGeon Components manufacture the brake pad for them under certain standards and guidelines from Axxis.. ..they act as a third party direct import supplier and manufacturer for Axxis for different models and makes in the U.S..... in this case, the brake pad is being manufacture in stockton, ca from Nugeon Components for our model..

Originally Posted by Richard2011
I've had this "shaking" forever and I finally figured out what it was! Squeaking brakes! So I have excessive brake and squeaking brakes, both of which were covered by the TSB. I've complained about it two times but only received advice about waxing wheels... Maybe I'll try again, this time with the TSB printed out.

Until then, I'm looking into aftermarket brake pads. Whatever happened to the Porterfield pads that were suppose to be out in May? And how is brake dust with these pads?
brake dust should be at a minimal with these brake pads... i can't tell you how they are on the C-Class cause i haven't put them on but other cars i have had with axxis turn out great....you would save yourself some money if you can get your brake pad covered from the dealership through the TSB. i only went this route cause i wasn't covered due to high mileage... if you like porterfield, you might consider http://www.formymercedes.com/mb.asp i talk to the owner and he stated that it should come soon and i talked to him about 1 month ago so check it out...
Old 11-14-2009, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 BMW M235i 6MT
Actually, I did check formymercedes.com and the Porterfield site.
Both didn't have brake pads for the C-class.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
\
I've checked like 20 places for these pads, and no one has a part number listed for the 2009 C350. Does anyone one have this?
Old 11-15-2009, 08:42 AM

Lexus IS 350 F Sport
I'm sorry for the silly question but whey look for an aftermarket pad when it's been said that MB has new and improved pads that doesnt dust much at all members on the forum has vouched that there's a huge difference so why not just get those installed ( via TSB or paid is a different conversation ) rather than getting these Axxis pads ?? TIA
Old 11-16-2009, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
Originally Posted by omgitselaine
I'm sorry for the silly question but whey look for an aftermarket pad when it's been said that MB has new and improved pads that doesnt dust much at all members on the forum has vouched that there's a huge difference so why not just get those installed ( via TSB or paid is a different conversation ) rather than getting these Axxis pads ?? TIA
Because PBR/ Axxis pads rule. As soon as someone posts a reliable source from which to purchase, I am getting some.

I have used Axxis on almost all of my cars. They leave very little dust. At first you will think something is wrong because of the lack of brake dust.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:32 PM

Lexus IS 350 F Sport
Originally Posted by Derspeed
Because PBR/ Axxis pads rule. As soon as someone posts a reliable source from which to purchase, I am getting some.

I have used Axxis on almost all of my cars. They leave very little dust. At first you will think something is wrong because of the lack of brake dust.
Nice to know i'll certainly look into these pads as well since i still have the dreaded dusting on the rears uughhhhhh !!!!
Old 11-18-2009, 12:05 AM

2009 C350 P2 MM Pano
So I've only been able to get around 100 miles since I installed them. So far, I can't see any noticable dust yet. I'll need to put more miles on it before I can say anything definitive.

The part number is 45-1341ED from buybrakes.com. They were $76 shipped.

The clips aren't that big of a deal to me. I've done tens of brake jobs on a handful of different types of vehicles, and some have the clips, some don't. Its a standard floating caliper setup.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:49 AM

C204
How are these when it comes to performance/stopping power? I've never had aftermarket brake pads and I am curious if these would be any better than the MB brake pads . .
Old 11-18-2009, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by omgitselaine
agreed, like you said, if they can get it through the TSB then its worth it, but if not then axxis would be a great alternative.. in addition, there is only a few brake pad are avaiable for our model (EBC, Axxis, etc) at the moment...

Originally Posted by Derspeed
+2 about the brakes... i have a reliable source but wanted to wait for a while to make sure that all of the manufacturing problems were fixed before i post up anything...i also wanted to installed them first (2nd time). i didn't want to misdirect any members in believing the hype! will post after a few dayz...

Originally Posted by alexlev
How are these when it comes to performance/stopping power? I've never had aftermarket brake pads and I am curious if these would be any better than the MB brake pads . .
check out their material and techinal data sheet...
http://www.axxisbrakes.com/tech.html

i can't personally tell you that there are huge differences between the axxis and the updated oem brake pad, but axxis has very good reputation and products when it comes to brake... the new formula that they have should even be better than their previous one called "plus"..
Old 11-18-2009, 02:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
\
Question

So I've only been able to get around 100 miles since I installed them. So far, I can't see any noticable dust yet. I'll need to put more miles on it before I can say anything definitive.

The clips aren't that big of a deal to me. I've done tens of brake jobs on a handful of different types of vehicles, and some have the clips, some don't. Its a standard floating caliper setup.
Is there any reason you wouldn't do the front and rear?
Old 11-18-2009, 02:16 PM

Hello Mr. Smike... i just have a few questions to ask you...

1.) can you tell us how you install the brake pad without the metal clips???

2.) ok, so lets assume that it can be done without the clip, why would you buy something when its missing a crucial component?

3.) 45-1341ED is the correct #.... however, its only for 2008 c model... on your avatar info, it says u drive an 09 c350, so are you saying that the 45-1341ED will also fit an 09??? even though they haven't came out anything for the 09 yet??? (if the model for our car is only like 1 year difference then i am sure it won't be too different but i like to ask..)

4.) you posted this thread like 3 weeks ago and you claim to only have put on 100 miles with the brake pads??

this is my receipt when i got the brakes pads about 1 month ago...(i just didn't want to post anything that wasn't reiable at the moment) i have also talk to the top engineer who design the brake (Mr. Robert Shertz) and he didn't even know about the problem until i brought it up to his attention..The company recalled some of the brakes pads, so are you telling me that the engineer was in the wrong here?

i am not trying to brag or anything, but my benz mechanic who has 40+ years of fixing and modding benz has a problem putting them on without the metal clip...maybe you can call him and explain to him about the brakes? maybe he was joking around and i was too dumb to catch the joke.... One of the manager from Brakeco.com (one of only 5 authorize dealer in the u.s) also went to test them out at a benz custom shop in whitter, california and were unable to put them on...

i apologize for any offense, i am just here to have a healthy exchange of infomation and ideas...contribute to the forum as much as possible...i think other members who were looking into these aftermarket pads should have a better explaination...

these are the metal clip that was missing...
The following users liked this post:
Nice Ride (09-12-2023)
Old 11-18-2009, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Peabody

axxis only have the rear for now... the front 08 pad hasn't even come out yet let alone an 09 brake pad... the reason why i am just getting the rear done is because that is where most of my dust problem is at... i think it is alwayz a good idea to change them both at the same time whenever possible...
Old 11-18-2009, 11:24 PM

2009 C350 P2 MM Pano
Originally Posted by Peabody
Sure -- the fronts don't dust up enough to be noticable (for me at least). The rears were really annoying though.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:41 PM

2009 C350 P2 MM Pano
Originally Posted by burnteggroll
1.) can you tell us how you install the brake pad without the metal clips???
The clip just aligns the pad with the piston. Otherwise, the piston still pushes on the pad in the same way.

2.) ok, so lets assume that it can be done without the clip, why would you buy something when its missing a crucial component?
If I knew a revised pad was on its way, I would have waited. But since they're already installed, I didn't bother. I'll inspect them every few months regardless just in case.

3.) 45-1341ED is the correct #.... however, its only for 2008 c model... on your avatar info, it says u drive an 09 c350, so are you saying that the 45-1341ED will also fit an 09??? even though they haven't came out anything for the 09 yet??? (if the model for our car is only like 1 year difference then i am sure it won't be too different but i like to ask..)
Thats correct. I have an 09. Seems the rears don't differ from 08 to 09 models. Not sure about c300 vs c350 rears however.

4.) you posted this thread like 3 weeks ago and you claim to only have put on 100 miles with the brake pads??
Sorry man, its not my daily driver. I'll try to make use of it this weekend!

The company recalled some of the brakes pads, so are you telling me that the engineer was in the wrong here?

i am not trying to brag or anything, but my benz mechanic who has 40+ years of fixing and modding benz has a problem putting them on without the metal clip...maybe you can call him and explain to him about the brakes?
I never said anyone was wrong about anything. All I said was that it wasn't a big enough deal to me. If they somehow end up ruining my rotors (since I can't see what else could go wrong) then I can fix it myself.

i apologize for any offense, i am just here to have a healthy exchange of infomation and ideas...contribute to the forum as much as possible...i think other members who were looking into these aftermarket pads should have a better explaination...
No offense taken. Since people are aware of the revised pads coming out, they might as well wait for them.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:38 AM

Although there might differences in opinions, what we will most likely agree on is that these pads are grreeaatttt!!! Very noticeable differences for me at least…everything work as advertised… although I had the brakes for a while now, I decided not to installed them right away because I wanted to do comparison of a before and after… I basically drove it roughly 400 – 450 miles with the oem brake pad for one week and another 400 miles for the new axxis pads… here is the break down…

Axxis “rear” brake pads - $60 (about)

Labor - $50

Total = $110

Here are the nasty OEM rear pads… they still got some life in it, but no thanks!

I got mine from Brake Parts Warehouse.. Hector was the guy who I spoke to a while back and he took good care of me...

this is how my wheelz look like in about 1 week of driving… No, I do not allow her to get this dirty, but for comparison purposes, there is no way around it… I live in the country so brake dust might impact everyone a little differently!

Now comes the good part…here is 1 week of driving with the same milage… there is such a big difference between these and the OEM pads…. I am glad I waited….with these axxis, I didn’t even have to wash my rim for a quick photo op down the street….Mudflaps are also on my christmas list!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Axxis Ceramic pads installed