C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Axxis Ceramic pads installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 07:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2015 BMW M235i 6MT
So you've just finished the 400 miles with OEM and haven't started with the Axxis pads?
Old 11-24-2009, 11:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w204 - 350 N other white cars
Originally Posted by Richard2011
So you've just finished the 400 miles with OEM and haven't started with the Axxis pads?

No, gotta read it again... my receipt states the replacement in the rear...

1 week with OEM rear pad = 400 - 450 miles

1 week with new axxis rear brake pad = 400 miles

total = 2 weeks of driving

total = 800 - 850 miles
Old 11-24-2009, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 63 S AMG / Corvette C8 / Jaguar SVR
burneggroll you got yours from brake part warehouse -- link?

and also is there any squeaking with the axxis pads? (can't stand squeaky brakes)

And finally, did you get the revised pad? I am confused on the differences... one doesn't allow the metal clip to fit and the new 1 does? How do you know you got the new kind ?
Old 11-24-2009, 02:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w204 - 350 N other white cars
Originally Posted by InTheBenz0
burneggroll you got yours from brake part warehouse -- link?

and also is there any squeaking with the axxis pads? (can't stand squeaky brakes)

And finally, did you get the revised pad? I am confused on the differences... one doesn't allow the metal clip to fit and the new 1 does? How do you know you got the new kind ?

i provided everything in the beginning of the thread like where to buy it, who makes it, and what was wrong with it.....but here u go again..http://www.axxisbrakes.com/wheretobuy.html

no squeaking with the new axxis pads....beside the minimal brake dust, braking performance increase a little bit... i only say that because i only change the rear and most of the brake is done in the front... so until then, i cannot give u a complete assessment of the whole brake performance...you would be very happy with these brake pads though...

yes, i got the "revised axxis rear brake pad"..... the axxis brake pads is suppose to come with a metal clip that is attached to the pad (look at the pic)....but just like any other new product, usually there is some sort of defect when it is new...(you would know you got the right one when the pads comes attached with the metal clip).... NO clip means defect!!!... other members have stated that they install them without the clip but personally, i would not advise anyone to install them without one...there are other issues that might occur if brakes are not installed properly with the right components...just my 2 cent!!! Although, i wasn't the one that posted this thread, i was one of the first one to get these pads (look at my receipt) and so i felt bad if i didn't say anything to better inform other members about the product...

oh, nice lighting on your car by the way...
Old 11-24-2009, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 63 S AMG / Corvette C8 / Jaguar SVR

Are those the metal brackets your talking about the ones that i circled?
Old 11-24-2009, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
Eegroll, thanks for the info and the link. BTW, there are plenty of brake pads that don't come with the piston clips. It's nice to have them, but the pad brackets hook to the caliper, so there should be no issues.
Old 08-12-2021, 05:00 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
16 S550
I’m gonna have to disagree about low dust on the EBC Red Stuff pads. When I first got my car, I couldn’t wait to get the factory pads off. They would soil the wheels within a few days. I had had fabulous results with the Akebonos on my W221, but they’re not made for the W222. A previous poster said he contacted Akebono and they told him their manufacturing equipment can’t make a pad that big. So I did some forum research and decided to try the Red Stuff pads. I guess Akebono spoiled me, cause I’ve got dust — not as much as factory, but enough after a week of city driving that I’ll be looking for a better solution. When I find some, I’ll post about ‘em. And put a full set of nearly new front and rear Red Stuff pads on eBay.
Old 08-15-2021, 01:13 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Old thread revival But have to...

100% totally agree and endorse Akebono !

Been running them on the 250 CDI since 2014 when I first discovered them.

Fantastic longevity on top of almost zero brake dust, zero squeal/noise. They have lower initial bite but comparable stopping to OEM with full force and no unnecessary/abnormal wear to the discs.

For best results I would also recommend new discs fitted in concert with new pads at the same time so that they can wear in together from new, because of the long life of these pads it works out well worth it.

I'm totally confident to use Akebono pads on any other car that they make them for