C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Off Topic Congrats to the New York Yankees!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by Peabody
salary caps only work for the owners, not the players, the fans, or the sport. Making it "more competitive" is a cop out for the owners to not pay people.
You can keep saying that but it doesn't make it any more true. Salary cap decidedly makes teams more even. High earners are distributed more evenly. Lesser players are also employed and needed to fill roles. How does this not make it more competitive for fans of ANY city to enjoy? Forget there are owners and forget their money. You are not an owner - you are a fan of a sport. What do you care more about?

Hell all over internet forums (mostly non-Yankee fans) people are suggesting a salary cap. Are they all owners? Why do you think these people want one? TO MAKE IT FAIR.

Answer me this. What is the negative of a salary cap from a fan's perspective and why?

Last edited by rh71; 11-06-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
I am not sure why you place so much emphasis on "even" and "fair". Why should it be even and who ever promised "fair"? We're not talking health care here!

In our world as auto enthusiasts, your logic would mean vehicle prices and resulting engineering budgets from MB, BMW, etc. should be capped so emerging Chinese car companies can field relatively better competitors to make the marketplace more "even" and "fair". I don't want to inflame this dialogue, but that economic philosophy is something other than capitalism.

Having said that, it does sadden me that we, as a society, prize athletes so much more than teachers, as we demonstrate economically.

Last edited by Sportstick; 11-06-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:03 PM

Lexus IS 350 F Sport
Wow i was at the parade today and talked about thrillinnnggg !!!! There was soooo many people there and talk about crowded ........ i must've gotten " groped " i think like a half dozen times but hey we all had sooo much fun !!!

Goo Yanks !!
Old 11-06-2009, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204 Color: 090 / 1999 Honda Civic EX / 2003 Acura TL
Yes today was a mad house people screaming and so many cops. It was fun n I did get my ecu tuned today by Singh Autosports @ time square.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
\
Originally Posted by rh71
You can keep saying that but it doesn't make it any more true. Salary cap decidedly makes teams more even. High earners are distributed more evenly. Lesser players are also employed and needed to fill roles. How does this not make it more competitive for fans of ANY city to enjoy? Forget there are owners and forget their money. You are not an owner - you are a fan of a sport. What do you care more about?

Hell all over internet forums (mostly non-Yankee fans) people are suggesting a salary cap. Are they all owners? Why do you think these people want one? TO MAKE IT FAIR.

Answer me this. What is the negative of a salary cap from a fan's perspective and why?
There are just as many talented people playing the sport no matter how many are "high earners" the only problem is that people who DESERVE to be "high earners" never get to become exactly that, because the owners are pocketing all their money. So no, it doesn't make the sport more competitive, it just makes the owners more money. Scouting and farming is what makes the sport more competitive. When half the Yankees lineup came out of their scouting and farm program you can't "blame" it all on their spending on trades. When they pay people like Derek Jeter a huge salary despite the fact he was never traded, you can't say it's all about "buying" championships.