C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

I AM A POSER! COME HATE! CHECK OUT MY NEW AMG BADGE! :) (PICS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 E350 4M Wagon & 2013 C350 4M Sedan
Originally Posted by rb23lb
i don't like the complete debadge of everything because to me, that just looks like I bought the cheapest, bottom of the line car with no options and tried to pimp it out and take off the badge to fool lame people that dont know into thinking that I actually have a higher end car like an e or s class or something (for example if my parents saw a debadged c they couldnt tell the difference between that and an s class, all they know are the letters)

If somebody had the stats, I bet the number one debadged mercedes of all time is the c230 (least expensive mercedes), which means most people would think you had a cheapo car and are trying to pretend its something its not... i know i sound like an hypocrite idiot since i am also modifying the badges, but i am talking about a complete debadge here that I think is worse in many cases (my opinion im sure many disagree)
There is nothing more gangster than AMGs, Ms, etc... that are de-badged. If you know, then you know. Badges are lame. Especially when you add and try to create something new thinking you're innovative and hoping to confuse people. The reverse is acceptable such as having a TDI badge on a VR6 turbo.

Debadge

Last edited by Mtl20v; 11-09-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Originally Posted by kindafast
Take it off. You seem like a cool guy, but the poser stereotype would not get you respect from auto enthusiasts.
thanks.... i never go to meets though so I don't encounter many enthusiasts... if the random dude at a stop light gets his jollys every once in a while by getting to laugh at me, good for him, he can go take a hike..

Originally Posted by albert101
Benzes sold in most parts of Asia have the AMG badge put on as stock from the factory if the car comes with the AMG sports package. Whether its a real AMG or not. So I don't see how putting the AMG is a bad thing as long as you don't over do it. Having a car with a AMG badge because it has the AMG body kit and sports package is ok, but claiming your car is a AMG C63 when it's not is another. I feel you're ok, you do have the AMG body kit afterall. Just don't put C63. Just leave the C350 on it. That's how it's done over here.
this is like the 5th time i have heard this in this thread, so i believe you and not the naysayers who say that they don't do this in other countries... as long as there is no c63 emblem, then there is no big deal

Originally Posted by bigben320e
Exactly, some got the point, but I think most here are missed that.

He wanted attention, he wanted to get flamed and called a poser. Mission has been accomplished. 3 pages? LOL.

It's his ride, it's his rep, he can do what he wants. It's not a AMG, never will be. He acknowledged that, that is a wrap.

Is it ok for the badges? Not in the "ethical" sense I guess. My CLS500 had a 55/AMG badge on it from the dealer, I had it removed. It was my choice to do so. My car has the kit, rims, pedals, etc, but not the engine.

Bottom line, some people will what they want and not care about what others may think.
good post... ya sure i wanted attention, not gonna lie, but mainly for others to check it out and give their opinions and let me know what they thought, as there are a good number of people who reaffirmed what i thought and thought it looked good... not just attention to get attention, but to get a general feeling from forum members if it looks sweet or if it was stupid, and then take their comments and make my final decision to see if i leave it on or take it off...

Originally Posted by SaRiDi
I think it looks good.....At least way better than the one I saw few days ago, a C300 with a huge Brabus logo at the back, but without any exterior visible mods.
EXACTLY! I would never do something trashy and stupid like that that doesnt look clean or OEM

Originally Posted by WWMIndy

FALSE

know what you are talking about before you open your mouth...

let me tell you (and I have just a little bit of time under my belt with benz) that there is not one decal on our cars that is "glued on"

they all employ a 3M type foam-backed adhesive
WHOAH! Sorry father! my bad When I got my trunk lid resprayed after someone hit me the body shop told me they used some form of liquid adhesive to reapply the c350 emblem after it was stripped off... maybe they reused the old one and just removed the 3M tape?
Old 11-09-2009, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Mosselman 190E 16V+ C63S+ Abarth 595
If you noticed the only people who said it "looked good" were people who own brand new stock W204 Mercedes and are not "into" cars.

Why do you "mod" your car if you arent an enthusiast?

Badges dont get you laid, tire smoke does.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Originally Posted by AMGC
If you noticed the only people who said it "looked good" were people who own brand new stock W204 Mercedes and are not "into" cars.

i am an enthusiast, never said i wasnt??? i mod cus it looks better and cleaner, makes the car easier on the eyes, simple as that...

my girl hates when i drive fast, she gets scared VIM module and backup cam are what get me laid bro!
Old 11-09-2009, 11:51 PM
Banned

SL600

I own a SL600, and have had my fair share of cars for my age. I own a detail business. I said it looked good.

For the record, badges don't get you laid. Neither does tire smoke. Character and class do. If you're on point with the ladies, your car wont matter. But if you'd be the "ladies man" you hilariously attempted to portray yourself as, you'd know that.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If your an enthusiast you would not put an AMG badge on a car thats slow as *****. Its just disrespecting the badge.
Whens your lease up?
Old 11-09-2009, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Akademiks
I own a SL600, and have had my fair share of cars for my age. I own a detail business. I said it looked good.

For the record, badges don't get you laid. Neither does tire smoke. Character and class do. If you're on point with the ladies, your car wont matter. But if you'd be the "ladies man" you hilariously attempted to portray yourself as, you'd know that.
it was a joke since the dumb **** gets his dick hard when 2 dumbass frat boys think he has an AMG
Old 11-09-2009, 11:56 PM
Banned

SL600
it was a joke since the dumb **** gets his dick hard when 2 dumbass frat boys think he has an AMG
What are you like, 10?
Old 11-09-2009, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

close.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:57 PM
Banned

SL600
close.
Wouldn't doubt it.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If your an enthusiast you would not put an AMG badge on a car thats slow as *****. Its just disrespecting the badge.
Whens your lease up?
Lease? HA What r u trying to say???

Nothin wrong with leasing at all, but in MY CASE... I paid all CASH and own it outright, bought it back in October 2008

btw, your old school c36 is ugly man.. time for an upgrade
Old 11-10-2009, 12:39 AM
Banned

SL600

Nothin wrong with leasing at all, but in MY CASE... I paid all CASH and own it outright, bought it back in October 2008

AMGC <---------
Old 11-10-2009, 12:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The one I parted? Which was an actual AMG

If you paid cash why the **** didnt you buy a 3 year old AMG for cheaper instead of an 8 dollar badge???????
Or why dont you just own and build 2 of the 4 or 5 boosted Cosworth 190s in the country
if you are an "enthusiast" then you should be well aware what they are.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:07 AM

'09 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by chubbs032
no offense but that's gay

Sorry I gotta agree with him. You're reasoning also is a little off IMHO as well. You claim that if it weren't for your AMG rear diffuser and exhaust you wouldn't have done it? How does having a quad exhaust setup make it anymore of an AMG car?

You may get a few Oooooohs and Ahhhhhs from non-car guys that don't have a clue...but any real car enthusiast will know immediately and will laugh at you. Especially since you left the C350 badge on. Reminds me of the Civics that slap on the "R" sticker a the end of their trunk badge or the BMW guys that throw the "M" badge right next to the "328" badge. Just looks stupid.

There's a whooooole lot more that goes into an AMG than just random parts slapped on a car. But your car, your money

Just my $.02
Old 11-10-2009, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 4matic
kudos for not putting the C63 badge on.
I have seen a C300 Luxury with it's badges replaced with AMG and a C63 on crooked.
The finishing touch were cheap chrome wire spoked wheels and sticking out of the wheel wells -- ugh!
Old 11-10-2009, 01:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by NJBNZ

Sorry I gotta agree with him. You're reasoning also is a little off IMHO as well. You claim that if it weren't for your AMG rear diffuser and exhaust you wouldn't have done it? How does having a quad exhaust setup make it anymore of an AMG car?

You may get a few Oooooohs and Ahhhhhs from non-car guys that don't have a clue...but any real car enthusiast will know immediately and will laugh at you. Especially since you left the C350 badge on. Reminds me of the Civics that slap on the "R" sticker a the end of their trunk badge or the BMW guys that throw the "M" badge right next to the "328" badge. Just looks stupid.

There's a whooooole lot more that goes into an AMG than just random parts slapped on a car. But your car, your money

Just my $.02
i wouldnt have done it without the diffuser and exaust because then it just looks ridiculously like a poser, and i am not that ignorant... left the c350 cus thats what it is... amg badge to complement styling, wheels and for balance... no c63 badge cus that would be retarded as well and i do not have that engine... comparing to people that put the badge in the complete wrong place (i put mine in exact factory location) is like comparing apples to oranges, cmon gimme a LITTLE more credit than those idiots..
Old 11-10-2009, 02:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'08 W204.081; M 272.948 KE30; Colour Code#792
There's no such thing as being a "little bit" poser.

Anyway... I dunno how this thread hasn't been locked yet, as it obviously doesn't contribute anything productive to the forum. It's a **** match with both sides priding themselves on how dark their pee is.

You made your point... you're a poser. Let's be done with it and enjoy the ride.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 CLK63 AMG Black Series, 2022 BMW X3 M40i
Originally Posted by albert101
Benzes sold in most parts of Asia have the AMG badge put on as stock from the factory if the car comes with the AMG sports package. Whether its a real AMG or not. So I don't see how putting the AMG is a bad thing as long as you don't over do it. Having a car with a AMG badge because it has the AMG body kit and sports package is ok, but claiming your car is a AMG C63 when it's not is another. I feel you're ok, you do have the AMG body kit afterall. Just don't put C63. Just leave the C350 on it. That's how it's done over here.
Asian countries probably have more posers than any other countries in the world. I know this because I'm Asian myself. It's mainly due to the false status that people want to portray. In those types of countries, people tend to base everything on status or presumed status.

Non-AMG cars never come from the factory with an AMG badge. On the AMG Private Lounge, AMG representatives gave the same response. If a Mercedes does not come built from the factory with AMG motor, suspension, brakes, etc;... there is no AMG badge. Just because Asian countries sell cars with fake badges doesn't mean it's right (in my opinion).

EXACTLY! I would never do something trashy and stupid like that that doesnt look clean or OEM
C350 AMG is not OEM

To the original poster, your car already looks good with the diffuser and quad exhaust. Just ditch the AMG badge. It makes no sense to leave it on just to fool or impress a few non-car enthusiasts.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 C63
amg badge to complement styling, wheels and for balance... no c63 badge cus that would be retarded as well and i do not have that engine...
What everyone is saying is true, your car do whatever you want with it, but I would like to clarify that AMG badges would be on for AMG engines. If what you're saying is true they would put AMG badge on every "sport" model For the "AMG" parts that you have on they already sticker their "AMG" logo on the part itself. If you look at the AMG wheels that the C300 and C350 sport have on them it actually says "AMG". I'm sure the quad exhaust you purchased said "AMG".
It's like saying a 328 with an M3 body style can put a M badge on it...yet when people see them they're constituted as "posers". Would people who changed their body style from an Accord to a BMW does it mean that they're not a poser if they changed their emblem too? They're doing exactly what you're doing.
I'm not here to make you feel like crap and if I did I'm sorry. It is your car, you should be able to do whatever you want, but you will recieve negative comments just like we all do for whatever mods we do to our car.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2013 G63 AMG
Whens your lease up?
you drove a c36 .. that's also slow as ***** and so old.
and that has an AMG badge on it.
I know this, cause i drove one too as my first car!
and your other cars are older than me.

stop talking smack dude.
State your opinion once and that's it.

you don't even have a w204 .. or anything close to this decade or the last.. so stick to the 190E forums if you're just gonna s h i t talk

Last edited by vcruiser; 11-10-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
15 E200CGI SPORT
Originally Posted by vcruiser

stop talking smack dude.

you don't even have a w204 .. or anything close to this decade or the last.. so stick to the 190E forums if you're just gonna s h i t talk
Vcruiser nicely said!
Old 11-10-2009, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 Carrara White Metallic Porsche Cayman
Retarded statement
Old 11-10-2009, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by vcruiser

stop talking smack dude.

wow. harsh...haha
Old 11-10-2009, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

btw everyone that's actually getting upset over this cheap badge is a moron. just saying..

no i wouldnt put it on my car, and no, i dont care what anyone else puts on theirs.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

99 W210 E55
nah his ride looks pretty gangster, old school, slammed and whatnot...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I AM A POSER! COME HATE! CHECK OUT MY NEW AMG BADGE! :) (PICS)