C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

What do you love about the new C-class?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2009 | 10:07 PM

2008 C350 Sport
What do you love about the new C-class?

Ok this has probably already been done before but as a new owner of a 2008 C350 Sport I thought I'd comment about the great aspects of this car. Of course my opinion may be skewed a bit since I am probably who MB created this car for, ie. youngish, first time MB owner, upper middle-class, first Euro car, etc., etc. I have had five new cars since 2001 and this is my first pre-owned experience. All previous cars were Honda or Mazda with a Mustang thrown into the mix. The C350 Sport has actually made me look forward to driving to work everyday if that is possible...and here's why in no particular order:

1)the engine note/growl; a relative of mine used to have a newer SL and both cars seem to have a growl that is unique to MB.
2)the smooth yet agressive 7-speed auto that always seems to find the right gear without much hesitation.
3)the exterior styling...ok dare I say this car is sexy! I love the Iridium Silver, it seems to be the perfect color for this design.
4)power everything, bluetooth, power folding mirrors, etc. I've never had a car with all the goodies before...just missing the navi and upgraded stereo but the base system is not bad at all.
5)handling; I'm able to take tight curves over twice the posted speed limit and the car feels planted to the road. Two cars ago I had the new Civic Si and my C350 holds the road better than it did and that's saying a lot since the Si handled incredibly.
6)gas mileage; I'm getting 25 mpg everyday in combo driving and 28 mpg on the highway!!! My last ride was a Mazda CX-7 AWD which only got 20 mpg no matter what and was 1.5 sec. slower to 60 weighing roughly the same amount.
7)the solid feeling of this car! This thing feels heavy but does not drive that way. Everything about this car is solid and fit/finish is amazing compared to what I'm used to with the Japanese cars I've driven.
8)the sporty yet forgiveable ride quality; I was all set to buy a 335i...until I drove one. That thing was fast yes but noisy and bumpy across even the slightest road imperfections. The C is sporty, quiet, comfortable all at the same time. It can be a quiet highway cruiser or a sport car depending on how you drive it.

I could go on and on...now if those damn seats didn't kill my ***, ha ha, I guess the car ALMOST has it all.
Old 11-23-2009 | 10:12 PM

'10 C300 Sport
the great styling... I'm a BMW fan but this thing is pretty sweet from all angles.

BTW, your #8... that's the difference between these 2 makers... one preaches road feel and handling - I love that... the other (MB) is mostly about comfort when you don't care to "drive".

Last edited by rh71; 11-23-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old 11-24-2009 | 12:06 AM

C230 4Matic, SLK350
This is my 5th MB in the past 10 years. I must say I am most impressed with the smooth ride of the car.

You should put together a list of things that you don't like about it! Haha.

I only have one: I find the steering too light.
Old 11-24-2009 | 08:02 AM

2008 C350 Sport
Originally Posted by QC55
This is my 5th MB in the past 10 years. I must say I am most impressed with the smooth ride of the car.

You should put together a list of things that you don't like about it! Haha.

I only have one: I find the steering too light.
That is a short list...THE SEAT IS TERRIBLE! Feels like I'm sitting on a church pew or park bench...hard on the rear and difficult to find a comfortable position.
Old 11-24-2009 | 09:20 AM

Lexus IS 350 F Sport
Like noted already i simply luv the killer looks ... from all angles

The smooth ride when one wants to just simply take it easy AND the sporty , road hugging ride when one feels .... frisky !!!
Old 11-24-2009 | 09:32 AM

09 C300S 4M
haha nice thread! Have to agree, this car is really sexy, no matter where you look at it from. The 335 is an absolutely amazing machine, but this looks so great, everything else just doesn't matter.
Old 11-24-2009 | 09:44 AM

2018 E300 4MATIC Sedan
MBnewby,

Great list ! Here's my thoughts :

# 4 - I also bought CPO and regretted not getting the navi - so I added the UMI. It's pretty awesome ( I do wish I had the HK sound system, but I agree, the stock system is decent enough )

# 8 - I was also between the C and the 335. The 335 is incredibly fast, but I just hated the interior and exterior design.

I must say, I don't get the complaints about the seats, though. I find mine very comfortable ?

Nick
Old 11-24-2009 | 11:49 AM

'09 C350
I love the NAVI! the way it comes out is just too sweet =)

and yup, i was between the 335 and my C350 also, but with the price and everything C350 was a better CHOICE and the only thing i want from the 335 was the power....
Old 11-24-2009 | 11:51 AM

C230 4Matic, SLK350
Originally Posted by MBnewby
That is a short list...THE SEAT IS TERRIBLE! Feels like I'm sitting on a church pew or park bench...hard on the rear and difficult to find a comfortable position.
I don't have any problems with the seats. However, I have yet to sit in the back. The fronts are okay to me.

Do you guys find the distance between your eyes and the inside rearview mirror being too close? This is something that I need to get used to.