C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Can I play an iPod in my 2010 C300 4Matic?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 09:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2010 C300 4Matic
Can I play an iPod in my 2010 C300 4Matic?

Hey guys.

I did a bunch of searching, but the answers are leaving me even more confused.

I am from Canada. I recently purchased a 2010 C300 4Matic. I didn't get any packages or options. My question is whether or not I can play my iPod nano in my car. If so, is the song info on the instrument cluster or are they on the LCD display in the centre of the dash? What I'm trying to find out is if there is an actual iPod connector or if it's a simple round plug.

I haven't received my car yet so I can't check for myself.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by mistersir; 12-27-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W204 C180 / W176 A45
You can, but you'll need to get the ipod integration kit, part number A2048704890.

The cheapest place on the net that I've managed to locate it is at getmercedesparts.com
Old 12-27-2009, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very FAST!
Originally Posted by Sully
You can, but you'll need to get the ipod integration kit, part number A2048704890.

The cheapest place on the net that I've managed to locate it is at getmercedesparts.com

Would this part also enable use on a 2009 C300 Sport?
Old 12-27-2009, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 R350 & 2008 C300
You don't need the ipod kit to play the ipod. All you need is a male to male plug that you can pick up at most stores in the electronics department. Inside your glove box on the right hand side is a Aux input jack to plug the cable in. After installing the plug (one end into the Aux jack, the other end into the ipod headphone jack) you then chose Aux on the radio and you can now listen to your ipod through the car stereo. The draw back is you can't control the ipod through the stereo itself, nor can you use any of the screens to see tracks, you must use the ipod itself for those functions.

*Of note, you will want to adjust the treble and bass for the Aux input as it will be set to default if its the first time your using it. Also the sound will be quite low and will need to be turned up, just remember to turn it down when you go back to radio/sat/cd.*

If you want to use the stereo to control the ipod and see the functions on the screens, you must get the ipod kit. Frankly the kit costs more than three ipods, so if your car didn't come with it, just skip it.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C350
Originally Posted by chilledbenz
You don't need the ipod kit to play the ipod. All you need is a male to male plug that you can pick up at most stores in the electronics department. Inside your glove box on the right hand side is a Aux input jack to plug the cable in. After installing the plug (one end into the Aux jack, the other end into the ipod headphone jack) you then chose Aux on the radio and you can now listen to your ipod through the car stereo. The draw back is you can't control the ipod through the stereo itself, nor can you use any of the screens to see tracks, you must use the ipod itself for those functions.

*Of note, you will want to adjust the treble and bass for the Aux input as it will be set to default if its the first time your using it. Also the sound will be quite low and will need to be turned up, just remember to turn it down when you go back to radio/sat/cd.*

If you want to use the stereo to control the ipod and see the functions on the screens, you must get the ipod kit. Frankly the kit costs more than three ipods, so if your car didn't come with it, just skip it.
What he said.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:43 AM

'08 C300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by chilledbenz

i can't seem to access my Aux input from my radio button. Am i missing something?
Old 07-29-2010, 11:07 AM

C300
On mine, 09 C300 Sport, you have to hit the 'Disc' Button, on the lower left screen it will read 'CD' and this is where the options are. Use the center console control knob and push it back towards you so that the 'CD' is highlighted, click on it and the AUX option should pop up, click on that and you should be all set to go!