C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Mercedes falls short on some simple options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 C300S 4M
Great thread. Some of the gripes are personal opinions so I can appreciate them all. The one that bothers me the most is the multimedia functions. The car resetting itself every time you turn it off and not being able to control the ipod dials through the steering wheel unless you have the comand system. Even still, the sound out of the aux port is subpar to say the least. If I was involved designing the interior commands, I would have made it more modern and at least up to 2008 standards.

Other than that, it's definitely a great vehicle with a striking outer body design. Feels great to drive it
Old 01-20-2010, 10:18 AM

2009 CL63, 2013 GL550
Originally Posted by autockr989
I'm just a bit surprised that for all the car I bought, my past VW's have had "nice to have options" that I would expect this luxurious ride to have. I was told from the service dept. that the 350 models have some options, but these are basic stuff.

2) Wipers stop dead in there tracks when car is shut off. My VW's would bring the wiper back down to where is lies originally, so if you shut the car off with the wipers on, the wiper would take the final wipe till it goes back down. Again, not a big deal, but a "nice to have". It just looks unprofessional, with the wipers shut off laying on the window.
I never knew this was a problem

Maybe I'm just oldschool, but before I turn off my car, I turn off
1) the lights
2) the wipers

Then I turn off the car. Problem solved
Old 01-20-2010, 10:26 AM

None
I think MBUSA should just eliminate Premium Package 2, and just make each option in the package as a stand alone option. I find it ridiculous that I have purchase all Premium Pacakge 1, and then get Premium Package 2 in order to get Xenons, or Fold Down Rear Seats.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by Cclassfan
I think MBUSA should just eliminate Premium Package 2, and just make each option in the package as a stand alone option. I find it ridiculous that I have purchase all Premium Pacakge 1, and then get Premium Package 2 in order to get Xenons, or Fold Down Rear Seats.
That is great for us as customers, which should be most important. But, it's a balancing act for vehicle manufacturers. Imagine the build, shipping, and stocking logistics. There are 6 items in the package. That means instead of producing the cars in one of two conditions, with or without Premium Package #2, there are now 720 variations of those freestanding content items. Imagine being the sales manager who has to forecast that inventory order!! And, to the degree they are electrical components, a proliferation of wiring harnesses on the assembly line. And, as complexity goes up, quality errors almost inevitably creep into the system. So, while it would always be nice to "have it your way", there are rational reasons for why they do what they do.

Of course, there could be intermediate grounds, such as three smaller packages, or not having them "build", that is, allow either package independently, but it appears MB is trying to minimize build and stock complexity in a situation where probably 98%+ of sales are out of stock and not to special order.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
^^^ folding rear seats should be standard no matter what. I actually laughed at my salesman when he told me that they are not. I thought he was joking. Oh well. It's mine now. I still love it.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:28 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
P2

Originally Posted by Sportstick
That is great for us as customers, which should be most important. But, it's a balancing act for vehicle manufacturers. Imagine the build, shipping, and stocking logistics. There are 6 items in the package. That means instead of producing the cars in one of two conditions, with or without Premium Package #2, there are now 720 variations of those freestanding content items. Imagine being the sales manager who has to forecast that inventory order!! And, to the degree they are electrical components, a proliferation of wiring harnesses on the assembly line. And, as complexity goes up, quality errors almost inevitably creep into the system. So, while it would always be nice to "have it your way", there are rational reasons for why they do what they do.

Of course, there could be intermediate grounds, such as three smaller packages, or not having them "build", that is, allow either package independently, but it appears MB is trying to minimize build and stock complexity in a situation where probably 98%+ of sales are out of stock and not to special order.
Hmmm. Well, I bought P2 and I don't regret it since I find all the equipment useful. In fact, there are some vital items missing which I miss and we all know what they are.

And if you want to carry anything, folding seats are a must.