C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Need help with lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 12:48 PM
Niti24

Need help with lights

I am looking to make my headlights blue. I have the standard lighting, not the bi-xenons. There are some links I checked out and I saw some that I like but I am unsure if I can get it without having xenons. I think I have halogen but Im not sure.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6000K...#ht_9419wt_981

This link has the lights I like but they seem just too bright.

http://www.carid.com/2009-mercedes-c-class-xenon-hid/
This link has what I like as well but I dont know if I could purchase that for my car because I read something about needing xenons for it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/White...#ht_7833wt_927

These eyelid lights I really like but I heard that they have erros and die fast.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...8/69937680.jpg

this car has the lights just how i like for mine to be. I also like those led fog lights but i dont know where to get them. Would anyone know???

i know I wrote a lot but if you guys could check out these sites and recommend some and help me out a little bit. I would really appreciate it. Thankxx
Old 02-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Niti24

if you guys know any other places or websites that I can check out let me know. If anyone has used any of these or different one, please let me know how they worked for you.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
15 E200CGI SPORT
Well first of all, I've never come across both the hid kits which you have posted so I can't give you an idea on how well they will turn out. Most of the forum members here are using the hid kits from DDMtuning. You can try checking out the reviews from the forum and see whether you wanna proceed with the upgrades.

Another thing you can do is switching your bulbs to those which has a tint on them to give off a xenon look. Although output of these kinda bulbs are poorer compared to stock, they give off the hid look you want without problems such as dark spots or triggering errors. I'm using the Philips Diamond Vision 5000k for both my lows and fogs and no problem so far. Once again please do a search for the pics. I've posted them up before.

Okay as for the eyelid bulbs its really up to personal preference. A few members here has tried the LEDs which you have posted. The light output is very consistent and doesn't turn blue like other LEDs, however the ones from a member here has started showing burn marks within 2-3 months of usage. An alternative for this would be Polargs which again is the ordinary bulbs which are tinted. Lighting output is once again loss but it does the job for me anyway.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:31 PM
Niti24

thanx a lot. That really helped. I have looked into Polargs but I wasn't sure. I was also looking for 8000K instead of 5000K. I saw your picture. I like them but I would like more a blue look to it. Thanx anyways. Im gonna look into them. They might start to grow on me
Old 02-20-2010, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C350
You are correct. The D1S bulbs cannot be used. Those bulbs are only for those with Bi-xenons. You would have to go with some H7 bulbs. As Royce mentioned above, I'd look into DDMTuning for an HID kit, but there's quite a bit of work that may be complicated. For a bulb swap, I'd consider some bulbs from Hella, Luminics, or Philips. (Once again H7 bulbs)

And Royce, I take it you're referring to the LEDs I posted about. I got a response...they're apparently normal wear and tear, according to the distributor, and will heat up only to a certain extent and not damage/burn anything else around it. Still, the fact that a bit of the LEDs themselves burn is still quite upsetting. Color's still good though. It's a nice 7000k. So it adds a bit more color and emphasis on the eyelids.

PolarGs are pretty good as Royce mentioned. They're not exactly what I'd call white. I'd say they're equivalent to about 4300k.

For the eyelids (after I just read your post above) I take it you're looking for something like this?

In more realistic settings, they look like this.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

15 E200CGI SPORT
Yeap, gosh you're fast with your response as well. I was indeed talking about the LEDs which you posted about. Which one are you using anyway The xenon white ones or the bluer ones. If its really the normal wear and tear of the LEDs then I might consider switching em up.

And yea the Polargs is about 4300k and hence matches the stock bi-xenon really well.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:50 PM
Niti24

Those eyelid's are exactly what Im looking for. Nothing more and nothing less. For the headlights, Im gonna look into the Philips, Hella and Luminics. What would you recommend for the fog lights. I would want them to have the same output as the headlights.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C350
Xenon white for sure. Perfect shade. I wish my camera would actually get a perfect shot of what they actually look like. I'd say 7000k seems like an accurate assessment. Besides, the blue ones would get you pulled over down here in SoCal. And yeah, I'm checking my LEDs weekly now. Nothing yet. I'd go for em.

Here's there statement just in case. "Dear Customer,

The LED bulbs itself will never get too hot where it will damage the eyelid/housing/socket. The heat from this product is much less than the stock bulbs.

As for the burn marks, they are normal wear from usage. With normal LED bulbs this also happens, just you don't see it since it is in a case.

We have also contacted the manufacturer regarding the rating, and it is around 7000K. So slightly more blue than Super White.
We have sold many of these and the warranty claim rate is very low. Please remember the burn marks are normal, resulting from usage.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
MM"

Oh, and Niti, these are the iJDMToy LEDs in case you were wondering.

And Niti, fog lights won't have the same output (in terms of distance) as your lows. They reach only about 10 feet out, and get the sides of your car pretty well. If you mean output in terms of color, then I'd just get the same two packs of the same bulbs from whichever manufacturer you choose. Luminics apparently burns out pretty quickly. I've heard good things recently about Hella, and you can get Hellas from the TireRack. Philips is good in terms of color and reliability but people find them harder to come by. As Royce said, DiamondVisions look quite nice.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:04 PM
Niti24

Thanx snarlingchicken. I think I will try the iJDMToy LEDs and yes as far asa the fog lights, im just looking to match the color. I appreciate ur help!
Old 02-20-2010, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C350
No problem . Do tell how it all turns out!
Old 02-20-2010, 10:16 PM
Niti24

sure will! One last question. I went on the web for iJDMToy and I cannot find them. Would you be able to tell me any info that would help out like a number for the LEDs or something like that.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C350
No problem. Here ya go. http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Canbus-Euro..._t10_sku26.htm

If you want smaller ones that basically do about the same job, maybe a bit less in light output, you can go for these.

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Canbus-Euro..._t10_sku27.htm

At the very least, you can use the second ones I gave you as sidemarker lights (if you get/have clear sidemarkers).
Old 02-20-2010, 10:33 PM
Niti24

yea I am going to purchase the sidemarkers as well. Looks much better with them clear. Im guessing you purchased the Ultra blue instead of the Xenon White for the LED's
Old 02-20-2010, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

15 E200CGI SPORT
Hey Niti as snarling chicken said, get a pair of both the bulbs you're getting and you wont have problems about matching the colours. Even the same temperature from different manufacturer would have slight difference in colour.

Well not sure if you wanna switch out your rear license plate lights but yea you can check out the ones from JBSPEED. They're LEDs which come together with the housing and does not throw out any codes. I've got them on my car for a good few months now and no problems at all.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:50 PM
Niti24

yea I will be purchasing them as well. I saw some on ebay, they seem fine with me but Ill check out the ones from JBSpeed.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C350
No I got the Xenon whites. The ultra blues are a legit BLUE color, not a bluish hue. That's basically a PULL-ME-OVER sign down here in SoCal. The white ones are just a nice xenon white with a slightly blue tint to them.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:55 PM
Niti24

yea that sounds better. Although I like blue, the cops here are gonna harass me. They already harass me for tints on a weekly basis. I guess Xenon whites will do.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C350
Just curious, what % tint do you have? I have a 30% tint that looks like 15 according to all of the tint shops/people I go to. It's JWF Greystone by the way. I have yet to be pulled over for tint amazingly.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:37 PM
Niti24

I have 30 percent as well but according to the cops here in the city, I have 13%. Sucks, but I have a friend who is a cop and he signs the ticket for me and it gets dismissed.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C350
Haha. Nice. That is a valuable friend to have!
Old 02-20-2010, 11:48 PM
Niti24

yea but the speeding tickets is another thing lol