C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

H.I.D or .... which bulbs ????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C350
Thanks Royce! I remember seeing them before. They look great! But the only thing is that I'm not sure how I'll like em when they're off. I don't really want that blue reflection. I have the reflection already in my sidemarkers from the polarGs which I'm gonna swap out to LEDs eventually. HIDs would solve the problem, but comparing the cost to ease/pain in the *** ratio, Diamond visions would be a lot better.......

And frank, "6000k temp lumen output is only slightly above your stock 4300k bulb, so changing them is really only for the color."

You mean below right....?
Old 02-27-2010, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C350
Originally Posted by E92-Lighting
thanks for the support but as a vendor i would "highly" recommend getting 6k bulbs in place of 8k as i have been both installed numerous times

stock is rated at 4300k

and here is a side by side shot for comparison, and "ERROR FREE" or full refund!

Any time. I already recommended you in another thread a few days ago to regarding your GPthunders. Hope business is a-booming!
Old 02-27-2010, 04:35 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by snarlingchicken
Thanks Royce! I remember seeing them before. They look great! But the only thing is that I'm not sure how I'll like em when they're off. I don't really want that blue reflection. I have the reflection already in my sidemarkers from the polarGs which I'm gonna swap out to LEDs eventually. HIDs would solve the problem, but comparing the cost to ease/pain in the *** ratio, Diamond visions would be a lot better.......

And frank, "6000k temp lumen output is only slightly above your stock 4300k bulb, so changing them is really only for the color."

yea...i meant below...corrected my post. thanks

here's a graph for the lighting output reference.

Last edited by FrankW; 02-27-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
15 E200CGI SPORT
Originally Posted by snarlingchicken

Welcome. Well to be honest there isn't much reflection of the bulbs. However you would notice that the bulbs are tinted though. If that is what keeps you from holding back then you can try the ones from PIAA. There is this model which uses a mirror coating or something similar to get rid of that effect. However they only have it in 4100k temp lumen if I haven't mistaken.

The only reason keeping me back from HID kits is the installation (drilling etc) and the dark spots. If both these problems can be solved I don't mind switching them up.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:16 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by Royce118
Welcome. Well to be honest there isn't much reflection of the bulbs. However you would notice that the bulbs are tinted though. If that is what keeps you from holding back then you can try the ones from PIAA. There is this model which uses a mirror coating or something similar to get rid of that effect. However they only have it in 4100k temp lumen if I haven't mistaken.

The only reason keeping me back from HID kits is the installation (drilling etc) and the dark spots. If both these problems can be solved I don't mind switching them up.
i just put the HID kit in my 204. no dark spots. drilling the holes on the cover was easy too. rain today and no condensation so i'm happy with the result.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
15 E200CGI SPORT
I'm glad to hear that. Guess I'm gonna start my lighting mods again =x