C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Audio play via Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S204
Audio play via Bluetooth

Hi guys,

Finally, I found something easy, small & not that costly which can play music from my Bluetooth phone to any AUX. The issue is, it is powered by normal power plug. Do anyone of you have any idea if we can make use of this in our cars?

http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPa...duct_Id=508754
Old 03-11-2010, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C300 Sport, MM, P1
Originally Posted by I_Love_MB
Hi guys,

Finally, I found something easy, small & not that costly which can play music from my Bluetooth phone to any AUX. The issue is, it is powered by normal power plug. Do anyone of you have any idea if we can make use of this in our cars?

I had a buddy who did something similar with this type of adapter. It worked like a champ. You can always by a power converter if powering is the issue.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:51 PM

2011 E350 4 Matic
Hi guys,

buy the "blackberry music gateway" it is usb powered. just need a cigarette usb power supply and u get what you were thinking of
Old 03-18-2010, 12:35 AM

2009 C350
interesting! Does this only work with apples or does it work with other phones? or even a laptop?
Old 03-18-2010, 12:28 PM

S204
Originally Posted by 2nice4me
buy the "blackberry music gateway" it is usb powered. just need a cigarette usb power supply and u get what you were thinking of

Checked Blackberry site and they say it's compatible with Blackberry. I'm not sure if I can connect my Nokia to that?
Old 03-18-2010, 12:31 PM

S204
Originally Posted by qwqwerertyty
interesting! Does this only work with apples or does it work with other phones? or even a laptop?

The one from Belkin will work with any Bluetooth device...and cheaper too!

Problem is .. not sure if I can power that in a car...

also.. new question... when I'm connected to this device (using Bluetooth) to play music from my Phone, will my phone also connect to MB Bluetooth for calling purpose? I mean what will happen if I get some phone call while listening music?
Old 03-19-2010, 12:32 AM

2011 E350 4 Matic
Checked Blackberry site and they say it's compatible with Blackberry. I'm not sure if I can connect my Nokia to that?
Its bluetooth, eventhough it is made by Blackberry, you can connect other bluetooth devices with it.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:54 AM

2011 E350 4 Matic
The one from Belkin will work with any Bluetooth device...and cheaper too!

Problem is .. not sure if I can power that in a car...

also.. new question... when I'm connected to this device (using Bluetooth) to play music from my Phone, will my phone also connect to MB Bluetooth for calling purpose? I mean what will happen if I get some phone call while listening music?
If you want to use the Belkin then you can buy a power inverter that converts 12v to 110v (Adding more cost)

The advantage on using USB is that you can buy a small USB hub and have several devices charge/running using one cigaret lighter outlet. so besides powering the bluetooth device, you can power your gps, charge the blackberry etc.

The music will pause when a phone call comes in and resumes once you hang up. I did buy a better cable then what came with the bluetooth device, it basically reduces humming.

other then that it works great
Attached Thumbnails Audio play via Bluetooth-img01548.jpg   Audio play via Bluetooth-mwsnap012.jpg  

Last edited by 2nice4me; 03-19-2010 at 01:06 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:00 AM

S204
Originally Posted by 2nice4me
The music will pause when a phone call comes in and resumes once you hang up. I did buy a better cable then what came with the bluetooth device, it basically reduces humming.

other then that it works great
Thanks for the info and pics...I think this option looks better.

last question.. can my phone bluetooth paired with 2 devices at the same time? I mean one for music with this blackberry receiver and for phone call with MB bluetooth?
Old 03-19-2010, 09:25 PM

2011 E350 4 Matic
Thanks for the info and pics...I think this option looks better.

last question.. can my phone bluetooth paired with 2 devices at the same time? I mean one for music with this blackberry receiver and for phone call with MB bluetooth?
yeah for sure, otherwise it defeats the whole purpose. In my case, once i start the car, the audio system will connect to my bb phone first, then it connects to the gateway.

Just try it out, if you dont like it just return the bb gateway. As mentioned before, you might get some humming, get a better 3.5mm mini audio cable (see pix)
Attached Thumbnails Audio play via Bluetooth-mwsnap014.jpg