C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Tuning C300 AMG. Look professional!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 63 AMG(My car) / MB C300 4matic AMG (Wife`s CAR)
Originally Posted by Sportstick
In more than one program, it translates as:

"Easily, you will not take out small fish of the pond", but would probably be said as "You cannot easily catch the small fish in a pond"

So, I assume this is a Russian colloquial expression, meaning that it's easy to find the so-called "big fish", but it takes more effort to go after "small fish", as a simile for the work involved in getting into the details of any task? This seems similar to the North American expressions about how easy it is to go after "low hanging fruit", or that the "devil is in the details".
This proverb means that "without difficulty not even catch a fish from the pond", ie "Do not make an effort and do not make even the simplest things"!

Last edited by Optitron; 03-25-2010 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Ok, I finally nailed it down. Those links I provided before will work, but won't look OEM and need modification to fit. Here is what I would suggest.

Two routes in the beginning, either buy 4 ///AMG stamped tips, or just buy another set of dual w204 exhaust tips (the ones on your car now) - cheapest. Note* if you buy the 4 ///AMG tips, you can either keep yours if you later want to switch back to dual exhaust, or sell them to fund your project.

After you have a total of (4) tips, either ///AMG stamped, or not like OEM c300 tips, then visit a local bodyshop/welder/junkyard, or if you yourself know how to weld, even better.
You need to have them fabricate a y-pipe or y-connector. Pretty much a pipe that has one hole on one side, and two exit holes on the other side. Have your stock tips cut from the muffler, have the tips welded on to the y-pipe, with the inside tip sticking out further from the outside tip, like this: http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...1/CIMG0493.jpg

Then, simply have the y-pipe welded to the muffler, repeat on other side of the car. Then you have a quad exhaust set-up for a fraction of the price. Of course, this won't give you the quad exhaust sound, but give you the look without doing much work (I did this on my lease with 4 ///AMG tips and kept my stock ones for when I turn in my car, I will cut the two y-pipes, put stock tips and diffuser back on, then sell my 4 quad tips and c63 diffuser. Hope I could be of help.

If your not into all that, check out this forum:http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w204...-tips-kit.html

The top post has the whole set for like $500, but if you look down 2-3 posts, there is a guy located in Germany who sells the 4 ///AMG tips, 2 y-pipes, and c63 diffuser with brackets for about 254 euro in total. Email him at ercustoms@googlemail.com

Last edited by jctevere; 03-26-2010 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by jctevere
Ok, I finally nailed it down. Those links I provided before will work, but won't look OEM and need modification to fit. Here is what I would suggest.

Two routes in the beginning, either buy 4 ///AMG stamped tips, or just buy another set of dual w204 exhaust tips (the ones on your car now) - cheapest. Note* if you buy the 4 ///AMG tips, you can either keep yours if you later want to switch back to dual exhaust, or sell them to fund your project.

After you have a total of (4) tips, either ///AMG stamped, or not like OEM c300 tips, then visit a local bodyshop/welder/junkyard, or if you yourself know how to weld, even better.
You need to have them fabricate a y-pipe or y-connector. Pretty much a pipe that has one hole on one side, and two exit holes on the other side. Have your stock tips cut from the muffler, have the tips welded on to the y-pipe, with the inside tip sticking out further from the outside tip, like this: http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...1/CIMG0493.jpg

Then, simply have the y-pipe welded to the muffler, repeat on other side of the car. Then you have a quad exhaust set-up for a fraction of the price. Of course, this won't give you the quad exhaust sound, but give you the look without doing much work (I did this on my lease with 4 ///AMG tips and kept my stock ones for when I turn in my car, I will cut the two y-pipes, put stock tips and diffuser back on, then sell my 4 quad tips and c63 diffuser. Hope I could be of help.

If your not into all that, check out this forum:http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w204...-tips-kit.html

The top post has the whole set for like $500, but if you look down 2-3 posts, there is a guy located in Germany who sells the 4 ///AMG tips, 2 y-pipes, and c63 diffuser with brackets for about 254 euro in total. Email him at ercustoms@googlemail.com

Thanks for the tip-off! While I bow to the original silencers AMG, although they certainly are not cheap ...
Old 03-26-2010, 07:40 PM

C63
why do you want to make it look like a 63. there is nothing wrong with a C300.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport, RWD, US
Isn't it obvious? Looks like a $60K car rather than a $40K car.

Just noticed...you're in Prattville. I'm in Wetumpka.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by dmyrick
why do you want to make it look like a 63. there is nothing wrong with a C300.
Originally Posted by JimPap
Isn't it obvious? Looks like a $60K car rather than a $40K car.

Just noticed...you're in Prattville. I'm in Wetumpka.
Putting exhaust from AMG, I naturally did not get C63 AMG 100 000 Euros, but improving the appearance and sound!

P.s. But in fact you of course easy to say, you, after all, C63!
Old 03-28-2010, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C250 Coupe
I did the quad exhaust because I like the look of it. Also, where I live 4matic is a necessity... They don't make 4matic on c63, or even 350 where I live for that matter, but I still want the looks, of a c63, so I plan on doing a full conversion, mainly just front bumper, headlights, and hood, not side skirts... Of course I am not going to go hog wild and AMG badge my car, I just like the aggressive looks.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by jctevere
I did the quad exhaust because I like the look of it. Also, where I live 4matic is a necessity... They don't make 4matic on c63, or even 350 where I live for that matter, but I still want the looks, of a c63, so I plan on doing a full conversion, mainly just front bumper, headlights, and hood, not side skirts... Of course I am not going to go hog wild and AMG badge my car, I just like the aggressive looks.
Where are you from, Buddy?
Old 03-28-2010, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C250 Coupe
I live in northeastern united states. I know they make a c350 4matic in canada and I was thinking about importing one fromthere. But the cost was too much considering it was still a c350. So I just got a local c300 with hopes of supercharging or something down the road. Thisis so dumb, why doesnt mb offer the same models to everywhere they sell. C350 4matic would sell phenomenally well in us...
Old 04-12-2010, 02:19 AM

2008 c300 sport
i am also doing the quad tips set up too using another set of extra original c300 tips, took off my cats, resonator, and muffler, and slapped in a magnaflow x-pipe along with two magnaflow mufflers. damn, my baby is screaming like a c63 now. loving it. you may want to check it out if you like the sound
Old 04-12-2010, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
Originally Posted by blackz
i am also doing the quad tips set up too using another set of extra original c300 tips, took off my cats, resonator, and muffler, and slapped in a magnaflow x-pipe along with two magnaflow mufflers. damn, my baby is screaming like a c63 now. loving it. you may want to check it out if you like the sound
Audio clips?
Old 04-12-2010, 09:44 PM

2008 c300 sport
how do you post sound clip?
Old 08-14-2010, 08:58 AM

Brakes issue!

Mileage to date has 12500km, drives his wife and enjoys the quality of Mercedes in full, but not me! Just two days ago, riding for my wife and I noticed a beat on the steering wheel when braking from a speed of 80km / h, thinking that perhaps this disc (although internally they do not understand that, but decided ascertained) dropped by RLD to see visitors - > disks in order. The end came brakes - this despite the fact that his wife drives very carefully and not quickly. How? Is this possible? Brake discs and pads - not the details of which are covered by the warranty, so I changed them to have at his own expense, everything would be as they say nothing, but osadochek remains. </span>Order a brake kit (front / rear) from my wife С63 / toad is not allowed, but if the new brakes Score a 3-5t.km again have to perform!

Update!
Took the machine with the SRT, all replaced + to heap more and done something (oil + all filters).
Outcome: Yes, guys - they were / beat BRAKES! Replacing them with all the beating it took, and now everything - COOL!

Foto:

Last edited by Optitron; 08-14-2010 at 12:46 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
Originally Posted by azzkikr111
Hi fellow,
If you want to change front bumper, you will need to change front fenders as well..... and then your front wheels will looks to much inside, so you will need to install some kind of baffle fins(проставки) in front to make its looks correct.
Also hood would have to be changed as it is wider. And the grill. No LEDs in the C63 bumper either don't know how those would be handled as they are DRL's and not fogs wireing harness would not be right. Lots of work for no reward. I would check E-Bay for a C63 rep bumper instead of OEM but you would still have the light problem.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nike Turbo Shox
Leave it as is, you already have the DRL LEDS, if your throwing them out give them to me I'll pay for shipping lol. Just do the exhaust and black roof and try to source the C63 blacked out headlights. Get a diffuser for the back, I think Euroteck has one.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:59 AM

C230 W204 with C63 Kit Package
Ebay is your friend, you'll be surprised to find some stuffs you like there. Try ebay.com or ebay.de. Got mine from there most of them, including C63 steering for good price (except the airbag you gotta find from AD somewhere. Worth to try Steve at mbenz.nl).

Did my conversion for aggressive look only, agree for no AMG badge, Here is mine, scroll at bottom.

For front bumper, Revozsport has C63 replica for W204 here with pricelist. I have one for sale, at discount, since I am not using it, mint never been used, all complete with fog lamps and wire-mesh. Though not sure how much to send to your country. PM me if you're interested. Here is the part (pic from Revozport)

Old 08-29-2010, 08:39 AM

Cool Saga of Exhaust. Conclusion.

Well friends, that's finished, another phase in the transformation of my Mercedes C300 4matic AMG, exhaust installed and feeling overwhelmed, everything is so perfect that the best is simply impossible wish!

If you decide to equip her handsome W204 with index model S280/300/350 AMG exhaust from the top-model C-Class S63 AMG, then you will need the following details:

1. A 204 490 35 21 - exhaust pipe (left);
2. A 204 490 36 21 - pipe outlet (right-with the resonator);
3. A 204 885 45 25 - diffuser AMG;
4. A 204 885 23 14 - plastic amplifier diffuser;
5. A 204 885 24 14 - plastic amplifier diffuser.

Amount for your order and delivery of these items may be different, it all depends on whether, through whom you order them, but the difference in me at a preliminary stage of preparation to order up to 50 000 rub for the entire kit, so look for alternatives, sometimes it's useful</span>! Well, or contact the office. dealer!

Photos of the installation:

So it was ->

</span>It was ->

Appearance now ->

And now, the most important thing, something to all and played - Sound!

STOCK Exhaust ->

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWp0B3miFP4

Just installed exhaust from the S63 (never heated!) ->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gXR4vUDxTA

A little heated exhaust from the S63 (on the parking lot!) ->

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKVDB6O7BIg

Start moving ->

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0EP6J30508

In motion Part I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PIAFLn-1eY

In motion Part II

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p37nBv1068c

In motion Part III

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrYbxUBf2YY

P.s. I hope my report will help those who face a choice of exhaust on your car!

Your Optitron!

Last edited by Optitron; 08-30-2010 at 02:04 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:23 AM

Cool !!!FINAL LOOK!!!

Well, after 1.5 years of remodeling, there you are ->

Foto:

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

P.s. Thank you all, thanks to your topics get the most rework!
Old 08-31-2011, 10:09 AM

2010 C63
Love the exhaust videos and look!