C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Anyone else got this problem?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2010 | 07:20 PM

08 w204
Anyone else got this problem?

So I got the rear spoiler and rear roof spoiler from a certain sponsor of this site, and with many trips to and from the shop, the rear spoiler just does not fit, it doesn't flush to the car, it's poor craftsmanship....
Now, the bodyshop i've used since I was 17, is great, they work on high end cars, they have dealer contracts, etc. They've also built an audi that was featured on a euro performance magazine, so they know what they are doing...
So I contact the certain sponser I've bought this from, and they tell me the spoiler is fine, to take it off and re-adjust it. I keep telling them that it isn't the installation, it's the product, all they did is send me pictures of how it should fit.... (WTF....I *******g know how it fits, this is why I am contacting you!!!)
anyone ever have a problem like this, if so what was the result???
Attached Thumbnails Anyone else got this problem?-securedownload1.jpg   Anyone else got this problem?-securedownload3.jpg   Anyone else got this problem?-securedownload2.jpg   Anyone else got this problem?-securedownload4.jpg   Anyone else got this problem?-securedownload6.jpg  

Anyone else got this problem?-securedownload7.jpg  
Old 04-06-2010 | 07:31 PM

C300
I can't exactly tell from the pictures but if the product isn't to your satisfaction I would go for the refund to avoid more headache.

From certain pictures it doesn't look like its sitting flush and doesn't meet the end of the trunk (not sure if they're made that way..don't own one myself) But different angles look like its seated correctly and its just badly designed.

Are you able to get better shots with a better cam? would help others to help you.

Contact the seller and see if your able to work out a replacement or a full refund. Not sure if they'd make you pay for shipping back and forth but that can also be discussed with the seller.
Old 04-06-2010 | 07:38 PM

08 w204
those pictures were take in a rush because the seller requested them... ill get better ones up soon...i've contacted the seller and they say it's not the product, it's installation which is absolutely absurd...they seem to be beating around the bush in terms of a replacement or a refund, they take long responding to emails, very poor way of doing business...I've paid $125 for the intinial paint and install and $25 each time i've brough it back, so i'm $175 plus the actual price of the spoiler in the hole...
Old 04-06-2010 | 07:52 PM

C300
Damn that sucks bro. Don't know what to tell ya except keep in contact with the vendor and try to come to a solution.
If the vendors not willing to meet in the middle there are certain ways to get things done (chargeback/complaints/paypal disputes) all these should be avoided until your forced to take action if nothing is able to get settled.

Maybe another member has had similar issues with this product too who can chime in.
Old 04-06-2010 | 08:10 PM

09' E350 AMG Sport, 09' C300, 03' Honda S2K
WHo is the seller? is he from this forum? You didnt really describe the problem you were having but from looking at the picture, the spoiler looks like it poting up from the top truck area. But also looking at the fourth picture again, the spoiler doesnt look like it is put on correctly, the angle part of the spoiler should be even on the with trunk line, it looks like it is installed below that line causing the spoiler to flare up and not flush. Best way is to go to the dealership and see how it looks on their car.

Last edited by charliele729; 04-06-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old 04-06-2010 | 09:04 PM

08 w204
That's exactly what the problem is, it does not flush with the trunk of the car. It's poorly built, the spoiler is installed correctly, I was there when they were putting it on. I know what the spoiler looks like, my co worker has the same car with the spoiler. I'll try to get better pictures up. Yes he is a sponsor of this site.

Here's his last email to me.

Hi Sir

I try my best to solve the problem asap.
The spoiler fit well here. Please try to contact your paintshop.
I really do not know what they did. The spoiler is exactly same on our picture.

Thanks
Old 04-06-2010 | 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

15 E200CGI SPORT
Yea I would be interested on who your seller is as well. I think we'll have to wait till the better quality pics to be up to let you know what is actually wrong.
Old 04-06-2010 | 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

X3 and 2012 C coming soon
It's all wrong. Go to a dealership and take a look at an OE W204 spoiler. The sides of your spoiler, where it meets the ends of the trunk, are rounded. The OE spoiler is angular to fit the shape of the trunk. Your spoiler is chubby compared to the OE version. The OE spoiler's back edge (little flat ledge) is more defined than yours as well.

I purchased a few spoilers in the past and NONE were exactly like the OE spoiler. The sellers claimed that they were. You either have to go to the dealership and spend about $550+ or get one that is completely different from the OE spoiler.

I even bought one from a member who claimed his was OE and installed by the dealsership. After closer examination, I found out that he lied. I won't embarrass him here.

Avoid the headaches. If you want an OE look, go to your MB parts counter. They come painted too. Just get the part number with the color code in it.
Old 04-06-2010 | 09:53 PM

08 w204
Hope these pictures are a little better......

It's flush here, obviously installed correctly (top pic)

The edges do not align with the ends (top pic)
Old 04-07-2010 | 12:07 AM

2010 C300 4M Sport-1969 Camaro SS-2007 Harley Davidson Street Glide
Best peice of advice is to test the fit prior to painting. A mistake we all have most likely made in the past...I know I have. Going to the MB dealer is always the first call...they are expensive, but now you are going to wind up as expensive doing it twice. Sorry that happened
Old 04-07-2010 | 05:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C350
Do tell who the seller is. Hope this gets resolved. From the trouble here, I think it may be a good idea to pay the premium and go OEM or find a more reputable retailer like euroteck (although they only offer the CF version)
Old 04-07-2010 | 06:37 AM

08 w204
I don't want to reveal the seller just yet, I wanna give them a chance to take care of it. I'll give them say another 24 hours. Yea I should have just gone another route. I like simple mods, anyone got any suggestions besides this nightmare of amg Chinatown version I got?
Old 04-07-2010 | 07:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

15 E200CGI SPORT
Well I got mine from JBSPEED along with a few other members. No problems with mine to be honest.
Old 04-07-2010 | 09:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by Royce118
Well I got mine from JBSPEED along with a few other members. No problems with mine to be honest.
+1, including excellent color match!
Old 04-07-2010 | 05:38 PM

08 w204
Jbspeed may be the next step, what's their price painted?
Old 04-07-2010 | 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

X3 and 2012 C coming soon
Originally Posted by kwikblkmax
Jbspeed may be the next step, what's their price painted?
Wow. You are actually going to spend up to the OE spoiler price when it's all over.