C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Side Marker

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 11:00 PM
Niti24

Side Marker

Does anyone know where I can get a white cover for the side markers. i don't want the clear one because to me its too much lighting around the front.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C300 4M Sport-1969 Camaro SS-2007 Harley Davidson Street Glide
I think I saw some on ebay....could be mistaken. Do a google search...someone makes a painted white side marker
Old 04-06-2010, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C350
There's a sticky on our front page for Evosport painted sidemarkers. They're a bit pricey IMO, but you know...they're there. :P
Old 04-06-2010, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by snarlingchicken
There's a sticky on our front page for Evosport painted sidemarkers. They're a bit pricey IMO, but you know...they're there. :P
I knew I saw that somewhere....very pricey and IMO don't look very good.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts
'17 GTR, '17 GLC43, '14 Panigale 899, '20 V4
Originally Posted by Cyclopsracer
I knew I saw that somewhere....very pricey and IMO don't look very good.
Pricey yes....but they look great. They are painted with the factory paint codes. I haven't seen that anywhere else.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:55 AM
Niti24

wow they are very pricey. $149 is a bit too much, any alternatives besides getting the clear ones???
Would the smoked side markers go on the white car??
Old 04-07-2010, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Niti24
wow they are very pricey. $149 is a bit too much, any alternatives besides getting the clear ones???

I am very interested in the reply to that question....they almost look "too" smoked for the white since the lighting is so clear...
Old 04-07-2010, 01:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts
'17 GTR, '17 GLC43, '14 Panigale 899, '20 V4
If you're asking if they would fit, yes they would. The housing is a shinier black color and the lense is smoked. I don't think they look good on white cars. You can get clear lenses and paint your bulbs like some people do that no light shines through.

Why don't you want clear lenses?
Old 04-07-2010, 01:08 AM
Niti24

Originally Posted by mr inkredibul
If you're asking if they would fit, yes they would. The housing is a shinier black color and the lense is smoked. I don't think they look good on white cars. You can get clear lenses and paint your bulbs like some people do that no light shines through.

Why don't you want clear lenses?
because it's too much lighting. Headlights, eyelids, foglights, side markers. A bit too much for me. I just want to cover it so that no light comes through.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:23 AM

because it's too much lighting. Headlights, eyelids, foglights, side markers. A bit too much for me. I just want to cover it so that no light comes through.
Purchase the $149 painted white set then....that is your best option. Or see if there is a way for a body shop to paint what you have and have it durable and nice.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:31 AM
Niti24

Purchase the $149 painted white set then....that is your best option. Or see if there is a way for a body shop to paint what you have and have it durable and nice.
yea another member told me that I should have a shop paint it!
Old 04-07-2010, 01:38 AM

2010 C300 4matic Special Edition
Side marker removal

Most cars in North America have the side marker in the headlight, a few, like MB have chosen to put them in the front fender. I do not think MB would do that unless they were required to do so by law. My question is: if I remove or modify these markers am I still covered by my insurance in the event of an accident? Will the insurance company refuse to pay because I did not have the legally required side markers (in North America)? If I am not covered, then I think there should be a warning to potential purchasers of the modified markers by (at least) the sponsor selling the fully painted markers on this site.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Rogwp
Most cars in North America have the side marker in the headlight, a few, like MB have chosen to put them in the front fender. I do not think MB would do that unless they were required to do so by law. My question is: if I remove or modify these markers am I still covered by my insurance in the event of an accident? Will the insurance company refuse to pay because I did not have the legally required side markers (in North America)? If I am not covered, then I think there should be a warning to potential purchasers of the modified markers by (at least) the sponsor selling the fully painted markers on this site.
I have never heard of Insurance companies not paying because of this issue. In the us you are required to have an Amber side marker, amber turn signals...easily avoid the ticket with the amber bulb. If you put a high heat chrome paint on an amber bulb, it will hide the amber color from shining through...then when illuminated, it will let the color come through it.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:48 AM

c230 sports
get the eurostrip
Old 04-07-2010, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by UCLAyouKnow
get the eurostrip

What is a Eurostrip?
Old 04-07-2010, 05:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

14' CLS550
ofcourse theres a way the body shop can paint it.. i had mine smoked, then painted all black, never had an issue. if you want 2 save some $$, id remove them yourself soo the shop charges you less labor, unless you know of a place thats going to "take care of you".. oo and also if you dont want any light to shine thru at all, i'd wrap up the bulb in some masking tape or anything like that.. removing the bulbs will throw an error on ur dash. good luck
Old 04-07-2010, 07:59 AM

'09 C300 4Matic Sport
Yea I agree that the $150 from Evosport is ridiculously expensive. I thought about getting mine painted white...body shop was gonna charge me $80 to paint the factory set...but after seeing pics I didn't think it looked very good. If they were flush with the bumper it may look better...but being raised makes them look out of place when painted (especially in white...on darker colors they blend in better). If you don't want the extra light then wrap the bulbs in silver or black tape
Old 04-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Niti24

Originally Posted by NJBNZ
Yea I agree that the $150 from Evosport is ridiculously expensive. I thought about getting mine painted white...body shop was gonna charge me $80 to paint the factory set...but after seeing pics I didn't think it looked very good. If they were flush with the bumper it may look better...but being raised makes them look out of place when painted (especially in white...on darker colors they blend in better). If you don't want the extra light then wrap the bulbs in silver or black tape
I thought about wrapping the bulbs in tape but I also don't like the side marker in whole. I wish it was never there. To me it's useless. I think I'll see how much they charge to have it painted.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by Rogwp

In a rear or front impact, or during the day, likely not. A side impact at night...possibly so. They have easy access to the data which shows the value of side marker lights and caused NHTSA and Transport Canada to issue the rule which requires side marker lights.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
I thought about wrapping the bulbs in tape but I also don't like the side marker in whole. I wish it was never there. To me it's useless. I think I'll see how much they charge to have it painted.
you can just get it filled also. One member here did it and any body shop can take care of that. Pricier obviously, but then you'd be euro-spec
Old 04-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Niti24

Originally Posted by Azn_C300
you can just get it filled also. One member here did it and any body shop can take care of that. Pricier obviously, but then you'd be euro-spec
I just don't want to have any problems with it in case of an accident or anything like that
Old 04-07-2010, 12:40 PM

I agree...the side markers are something that everyone could have lived without....however when you look at the Headlights, you understand what MB was trying to do.

These have 2 purposes....1 is to be reflective if your car was sitting there....2 to be a very obvious lit up reflective, if you will...for side traffic. Think about a black car on a dark street...what shows it up when driving towards it?
Old 04-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Niti24

I agree...the side markers are something that everyone could have lived without....however when you look at the Headlights, you understand what MB was trying to do.

These have 2 purposes....1 is to be reflective if your car was sitting there....2 to be a very obvious lit up reflective, if you will...for side traffic. Think about a black car on a dark street...what shows it up when driving towards it?
yea I thought about that. I just wish they were a bit different like the w211 has it. Its just a long strip which doesn't look as bad as ours. At least for me
Old 04-07-2010, 01:10 PM

yea I thought about that. I just wish they were a bit different like the w211 has it. Its just a long strip which doesn't look as bad as ours. At least for me
It really wouldn't have been a big deal to put a very small reflector in the side of the Headlights like BMW does. Would have cleaned up the front end. DOT standards.