C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

FINAL check on tire size and brand

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 07:07 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 E350 4Matic
FINAL check on tire size and brand

I have a 09 C300 with 17" staggerred setup.

Today I'm planning to put new wheels on my car and will be buying tires for them. I wanted to get your opinion just one more time before I make the jump.

The new wheels are:
FRONT & BACK 8.5x18 _ 45 mm

I'm considering 235/40/18 all around.
1. Is that a good setup? (I prefer non-staggerred setup, especially since both front and rear wheels are same width)
2. Will I experience any rubbing issues, especially in the front? (this is important consideration for me)
3. I prefer comfort over performance and we get some snow here in Maryland. Would you recommend Conti DWS or Mich Pilot A/S Sport Plus? I'm leaning towards Michelins since Conti's don't have a good overall reviews here.
4. What are my options for tire rating - H, Y, Z?
5. Is TPMS an easy thing to snap out of original wheels and stick it on the new ones? I'm hoping that this place where I get the new wheels mounted knows how to do it. Any precautions that they should take?

Thanks.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
If you are not planning on getting dedicated winter tires, the DWS will get you further than the Michelins, which I have and take off each snow season. However, the rest of the year, you'll probably get more enjoyment from the Michelins. While Contis don't have a good rep in general, especially the poor ones which come on our cars as original equipment, the DWS have been very well received. If you haven't already done so, go to tirerack.com and read the survey for ultra high performance all season tires and see how other buyers felt after millions of miles driven.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:10 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 E350 4Matic
OK, thanks.

I just checked from my source and they only have Pirelli P Zeros in stock.
I'm leaning more towards Michelins.