C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Creaking at passenger seat and ticking sound coming from rear air vent trim.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 09:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204 C280
Creaking at passenger seat and ticking sound coming from rear air vent trim.

As the title states, I'm getting a creaking sound coming from the front passenger seat in my car. It only really makes a sound when someone's sitting in the seat so I'm sure its weight related. Maybe there's something loose? Anyone experienced the same problem?

Also I'm getting a ticking sound coming from the rear center air con vent. It just a slight but noticeable "tick" sound every time I drive over bumpy roads. Anyone experienced the same problems? Does anyone know how to remove that trim? I'm thinking of removing the trim and inserting some felt or foam into it. I had the same problem with my center console, where the shifter was, I had it removed, installed some felt around the area where the clips are and the sound went away.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:33 PM
glw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C350
Originally Posted by albert101
As the title states, I'm getting a creaking sound coming from the front passenger seat in my car. It only really makes a sound when someone's sitting in the seat so I'm sure its weight related. Maybe there's something loose? Anyone experienced the same problem?

Also I'm getting a ticking sound coming from the rear center air con vent. It just a slight but noticeable "tick" sound every time I drive over bumpy roads. Anyone experienced the same problems? Does anyone know how to remove that trim? I'm thinking of removing the trim and inserting some felt or foam into it. I had the same problem with my center console, where the shifter was, I had it removed, installed some felt around the area where the clips are and the sound went away.
me, too... i'm getting a creaking sound in the passenger seat when someone is sitting in it. i'm going to have the dealer look at it during my B service in about 2K miles.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E350 4 Matic
I had creaking on my drivers seat (mainly while driving over a bump) dealer installed some washer and hasnt done it since (3 months ago)
Old 04-21-2010, 01:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 c300 sport
Yeah, I remember having that same problem too. When I brought it into MB they just found where the rubbing was occuring and stuck on some kind of tape. Dunno exactly what it was but it helped so yeah. Just bring it in and they'll find it haha