C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

I'm Impressed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
I'm Impressed

I accidentally left my key in my pants when I ran the laundry this am...

Happy to report that the key only had one little drop of water when I opened it up and still works flawlessly..

Talk about a quality product - even the key is bad a$$
Old 04-26-2010, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by WWMIndy

Happy to report that the key only had one little drop of water when I opened it up and still works flawlessly..

Was it cleaner and shiny? Probably tested for rain, but impressive that it took the rigor of the washing machine.......

May I ask another question, as you offered? First of all, I absolutely defend your free speech and right to your beliefs, regardless of whether I agree (although I usually agree with your postings). But, I think you changed your signature recently and I am just interested as to why you want to bring politics and religion into a car forum where it's not really the topic, and we probably have an international audience and wide variety of opinions? Hope the question came across as intended...not arguing, just a bit surprised and, therefore, interested in "why".
Old 04-26-2010, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 c300 sport
LOL how'd that happen? I usually leave loose change and pens in my pockets, which stain everything btw, but never my keys haha.

And for saying that, I will probably forget them in my pocket tomorrow..
Old 04-26-2010, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by Sportstick
Was it cleaner and shiny? Probably tested for rain, but impressive that it took the rigor of the washing machine.......

May I ask another question, as you offered? First of all, I absolutely defend your free speech and right to your beliefs, regardless of whether I agree (although I usually agree with your postings). But, I think you changed your signature recently and I am just interested as to why you want to bring politics and religion into a car forum where it's not really the topic, and we probably have an international audience and wide variety of opinions? Hope the question came across as intended...not arguing, just a bit surprised and, therefore, interested in "why".
lol - no worries...

figured someone would end up asking...no reason really, just felt like it. there's too much back and forth these days in all aspects of our respective lives - figured i would be a beacon for some sort of stability....whether or not others believe in the same things I do.

However, maybe it will bring others to the dark side...Does that make sense, i fear that i may not have answered your question very well at all...
Old 04-26-2010, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by EASYDOES1T
LOL how'd that happen? I usually leave loose change and pens in my pockets, which stain everything btw, but never my keys haha.

And for saying that, I will probably forget them in my pocket tomorrow..
Funny - probably because i usually keep my key in what i refer to as "the condom pocket" but unfortunately was in my normal pocket...therefore it went unnoticed...

I dont keep any other keys on the fob, so that doesn't help...pretty slippery little piece!
Old 04-26-2010, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
and yes, sportstick, the key did come out much cleaner and totally shiny

looked like new - minus the scratches...wouldn't recommend throwing it in to find out....windex and paper towel should work just fine!
Old 04-26-2010, 06:37 PM

c350
yeahhh last time i was thrown in the pool by my friends and my key still work perfect.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:44 PM

2009 C300S 6mt

if it helps, you could always turn off ppl's signature view (via options in User CP).

makes viewing/reading messages a lot less uncluttered. at least for me, anyway=)
Old 04-26-2010, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
I can't attest to the key being waterproof as mine has two gashes in the front side.

I work outside at a park with the key in my pocket. I do some lifting of objects, but nothing serious. Anyway, it has resulted over the last two months to get 2 pretty decent gashes both on the unlock button. I just wish that these buttons were like my previous Infiniti keys and chromed or metal, or anything sturdier.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
lol - no worries...

figured someone would end up asking...no reason really, just felt like it. there's too much back and forth these days in all aspects of our respective lives - figured i would be a beacon for some sort of stability....whether or not others believe in the same things I do.

However, maybe it will bring others to the dark side...Does that make sense, i fear that i may not have answered your question very well at all...

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I think I sense you're fairly relaxed about it and not trying to create more division, although some could take it that way. There's just so much "heat" in our country these days between different groups, whatever I may believe, I'm starting to wonder more than ever, "Can't we all just get along?"

Peace .......and great cars!
Old 04-26-2010, 07:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
C350 Elegance
Cool

The key to this thread is the type of water used, was it wholesome Chicago River water rich in natural enzymes exhumed from the seeds planted by Al and his successors, or was it Indy water carrier of the mystic charm of Notre Dame?
Old 04-26-2010, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
There's just so much "heat" in our country these days between different groups, whatever I may believe, I'm starting to wonder more than ever, "Can't we all just get along?" :
With you 100% - just tired of people making choices based on who they associate themselves with, not with what makes sense.

That being said, I do associate more with the "conservative" mentality than the "liberal" mentality, but that doesn't mean that a liberal policy doesn't make more sense in one situation than a conservative one...

I'm a big believer in objectivity..
Old 04-26-2010, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by JoeVal
The key to this thread is the type of water used, was it wholesome Chicago River water rich in natural enzymes exhumed from the seeds planted by Al and his successors, or was it Indy water carrier of the mystic charm of Notre Dame?
lol - arguably is both...the ground water from Chicago probably seeped into lake Mich which then made it's beautiful way into ND's water table...we're screwed from all angles

either way, i just dodged a ~ $400 bullet!
Old 04-26-2010, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Thanks for the reply. Actually, I think I sense you're fairly relaxed about it and not trying to create more division, although some could take it that way. There's just so much "heat" in our country these days between different groups, whatever I may believe, I'm starting to wonder more than ever, "Can't we all just get along?"

Peace .......and great cars!
one more thing - division leads to unity, which I HOPE is where we (our country) is heading after two years of sheer turmoil
Old 04-26-2010, 09:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2009 C300 Sport Palladium Silver & 2012 GLK350 4matic Black

I found my key in the dryer and it still works!
Old 04-26-2010, 09:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by louiet3
I found my key in the dryer and it still works!
nice! water AND heat resistant...
Old 04-27-2010, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 Carrara White Metallic Porsche Cayman
My mom put my old Saab 9-3 key (same style fob as mb) through the wash and it still worked after as well. Haha.