C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

really need advise on wat to do! MB messed me up big time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C350
Originally Posted by exdes
At least it was good of them to offer to fix it.
exdes, they didn't offer to fix it, but gave me this attitude..
Old 05-07-2010, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
I have had a less serious situation happen with me. When I brought my car to Huntington Mercedes on Long Island, someone there stole EVERY SINGLE quarter out of my cupholder. And when I say every single, I mean EVERY SINGLE; they had to have been sitting there for a good 10 minutes taking them out...

Yes, I know that I shouldn't have left the change in the cupholder (stole probably $20 in quaters alone). I brought the car in for a simple trunk re-alignment since it was squeaking and didn't think anyone would be in the cabin...

Long story short I told my SA and he said there is not much he could do for me besides question the mechanics, he gave me a certificate for a free car wash to make up for the $20 lost, but I am never going to use it because the only time I will let them touch my car is for service, and I am never going back there again and let my car be serviced by scumbags...

Not to mention, they are terrible at washing the cars, still had road grime behind front and rear tires on the skirts. Switched to Rallye for service and have yet to recieve anything less than stellar service!
Old 05-07-2010, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by dadangman
exdes, they didn't offer to fix it, but gave me this attitude..
I thought you said that, "He offered to fix it for free, but wouldn't take any blame that his team did it."?
Old 05-07-2010, 10:36 AM

'09 C350
Originally Posted by jctevere
I have had a less serious situation happen with me. When I brought my car to Huntington Mercedes on Long Island, someone there stole EVERY SINGLE quarter out of my cupholder. And when I say every single, I mean EVERY SINGLE; they had to have been sitting there for a good 10 minutes taking them out...

Yes, I know that I shouldn't have left the change in the cupholder (stole probably $20 in quaters alone). I brought the car in for a simple trunk re-alignment since it was squeaking and didn't think anyone would be in the cabin...

Long story short I told my SA and he said there is not much he could do for me besides question the mechanics, he gave me a certificate for a free car wash to make up for the $20 lost, but I am never going to use it because the only time I will let them touch my car is for service, and I am never going back there again and let my car be serviced by scumbags...

Not to mention, they are terrible at washing the cars, still had road grime behind front and rear tires on the skirts. Switched to Rallye for service and have yet to recieve anything less than stellar service!
wow wtf.... it's funny to think about it now hahah but geez yeah.. i would be **** if that happens to me.. and yes.. their car wash is basically spray on water. I keep thinking MB service would be top notch or at least better than anywhere else.. but after owning my baby for 7 months now... i'm slowly doubting MB service..

OO i got a question for everyone, usually if they test drive ur car how many miles they put on it?.... cuz it seems a lot to me.. everytime they do it.. it's around 50 miles.... (WHICH PUZZLES the crap out of me)
Old 05-07-2010, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
OO i got a question for everyone, usually if they test drive ur car how many miles they put on it?.... cuz it seems a lot to me.. everytime they do it.. it's around 50 miles.... (WHICH PUZZLES the crap out of me)
Is this for a same day job or when left overnight? If the latter, get online and look up home addresses for service manager and advisors and see who lives about 25 miles away. Not making any accusations, but it would lead to a couple of pointed questions. If same day, very hard to explain......

My car usually comes back with little to no mileage change....maybe 3 or so miles at most if a driving issue was involved. Recent trim repair had zero miles added.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:47 AM

'09 C350
Angry

Originally Posted by Sportstick
Is this for a same day job or when left overnight? If the latter, get online and look up home addresses for service manager and advisors and see who lives about 25 miles away. Not making any accusations, but it would lead to a couple of pointed questions. If same day, very hard to explain......

My car usually comes back with little to no mileage change....maybe 3 or so miles at most if a driving issue was involved. Recent trim repair had zero miles added.
it's the same day..... but when i tell that to the service manager, he just says, it's a ROAD TEST.... blblablabla give me all kinds of excuses.. I think imma complain higher up, i'm getting jipped left and right
Old 05-07-2010, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C250 Coupe
Yeah, only a couple of miles added on both times for service, which included complaints of noise by me, without those I doubt many, if any miles would have been done.

The wash I got at Rallye was quite the contrary, they did a very good wash, and took off everything! It was so good and no scratches that when I got home I decided to do a bit of cleaner wax, and put on protective wax...
Old 05-07-2010, 04:08 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Here is a quick story about Euro Germantown from my experience... When I bought my E there I noticed a gouge in one of the tires at delivery. I insisted on a new tire and they ordered one. When I got it installed the lip of the rim had a scratch on it that went nearly around the entire wheel. I didn't notice it because it was raining and the car was filthy. I noticed it the next day when I washed it and I FREAKED. Called them calmly and emailed the service manager pictures of it. They accepted responsibility and paid for the wheel repair. They seemed very willing to help and were very apologetic. Just my .02 and experience.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:35 PM

'09 C350
Originally Posted by AreL11
Here is a quick story about Euro Germantown from my experience... When I bought my E there I noticed a gouge in one of the tires at delivery. I insisted on a new tire and they ordered one. When I got it installed the lip of the rim had a scratch on it that went nearly around the entire wheel. I didn't notice it because it was raining and the car was filthy. I noticed it the next day when I washed it and I FREAKED. Called them calmly and emailed the service manager pictures of it. They accepted responsibility and paid for the wheel repair. They seemed very willing to help and were very apologetic. Just my .02 and experience.
thanks arel, but there was no apologies. here is the exact word from the service manager's mouth "Watever! i'll take this one" then he tries to justify his attitude by saying there are many people that claimed this in the last week so he's upset... i'm not there to beg for him to give me free sh*t u know? i even told him, i'm not here for that, even if u don't repair it for free, i wouldn't care, i just want to let u know someone on ur team is being very careless. And once again, he claims no one on his team would "ever" do that, and keep insisting i might damage it while doing a parallel. it's just his attitude makes me feel real ackward, and this is not the first time he give me an attitude.. i'm fed up with him, and not going to deal with him but his manager
Old 05-07-2010, 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
And once again, he claims no one on his team would "ever" do that, and keep insisting i might damage it while doing a parallel. it's just his attitude makes me feel real ackward, and this is not the first time he give me an attitude.. i'm fed up with him, and not going to deal with him but his manager
he claims that someone on his team would never do that - well of course not, no one runs around slashing tires...

unfortunately the reality is that it can still happen..and in this case, it did
Old 05-07-2010, 07:57 PM

2008 C350 Sport
Warrior, this is at Euromotors Germantown... yeah i dunno about that place anymore... i keep getting the feeling i'm getting second class treatment....

yeah u'r right mindy.. but that place is so damn close to me!! o well i'll go to another location.. the thing is my bro goes there too, but he said his advisor is awesome.. i'll have to rethink real hard one this one!
I've had nothing but good things to say at Euromotors Bethesda.

That dealership has it's S together
Old 05-07-2010, 09:04 PM

2009 C300 Sport
Any experience with MB of Annapolis? I'll be living in St. Mary's and Annapolis will be the closest dealer without venturing into VA.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 GLK 350 4M (Iridium Silver), 2010 E350 Coupe (Iridium Silver)
Originally Posted by jctevere

Who was your SA? I don't like that place much.

I went in once to balance the wheels because of a pothole. Mind you, I shelled out $200-$300 a week or two before for a four-wheel alignment.

I waited there for two hours and a receptionist/cashier came to shuffle me out. Handed me the invoice and said I was all set, no charge, nothing!

I figured it was covered under my tire/wheel protection package and exited the building. I got to my car which they said would be pulled up outside, which it was, but had no keys in it. Went back got the keys and got in the car. Before reading I read the SA's comments something along the lines of " customer complains of vibrations at highway speeds, balance tires, found bent FL and RR rims."

No work was done, I sat there for two hours for them to do a job and fix a problem. They shuffled me out without telling me anything... without fixing anything.

Terrible service. It's not the fact that they didn't fix anything either, but that they didn't bother to tell me before sending me on my way.

End result: I went back in, waited for SA, spoke w/ him and he says that the tire/wheel package I got does not cover rims unless they are leaking air.... Apparently for $100 more I would have coverage for even cosmetic damages. I can't imagine I would have passed that opportunity at purchase,

I'm scheduled to go to the dealer I purchased the car from, Helms Bros. Bayside -- There sales center and off-site service center both have amazing srevice. I spoke with the guy who sold me the car and he said he'd double check what wheel/tire package I got and set up an appt for me later this week. Says it SHOULD be covered
Old 05-09-2010, 12:50 AM

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post
C350
Hope it works out well.

One of my service stories...lol...

My service advisor from range rover wasnt really helping us out with a certain part that supposedly wasnt covered under warranty. He found out that JD power was surveying us and completely did a 180. Ha
Old 05-09-2010, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nike Turbo Shox
Damn, don't let this go so easily bro. Someone ****** up.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:07 PM

2006 E55 AMG
thanks arel, but there was no apologies. here is the exact word from the service manager's mouth "Watever! i'll take this one" then he tries to justify his attitude by saying there are many people that claimed this in the last week so he's upset... i'm not there to beg for him to give me free sh*t u know? i even told him, i'm not here for that, even if u don't repair it for free, i wouldn't care, i just want to let u know someone on ur team is being very careless. And once again, he claims no one on his team would "ever" do that, and keep insisting i might damage it while doing a parallel. it's just his attitude makes me feel real ackward, and this is not the first time he give me an attitude.. i'm fed up with him, and not going to deal with him but his manager
Are you dealing with Mark? That is shocking. That guy couldn't have been more willing to take care of my problem. I'm sorry they're giving you a hard time.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:09 PM

'09 C350
Originally Posted by OneOfaKindTrini
Damn, don't let this go so easily bro. Someone ****** up.
o no.. i am not letting this go at all, I am not taking his offer to fix my rim for free, i am writing up a letter to his manager.. one too many times he's been an ***.

Originally Posted by AreL11
Are you dealing with Mark? That is shocking. That guy couldn't have been more willing to take care of my problem. I'm sorry they're giving you a hard time.
no, it's David Hutchinsen or something... if anyone don't wanna deal with an ***, don't go to him
Old 05-10-2010, 01:38 PM

'09 C350
Originally Posted by Robbio204
Hope it works out well.

One of my service stories...lol...

My service advisor from range rover wasnt really helping us out with a certain part that supposedly wasnt covered under warranty. He found out that JD power was surveying us and completely did a 180. Ha
ahaha that's funny!
Old 06-02-2010, 11:18 AM

'09 C350
ok guys, sorry it took me a while to reply back and give result, but after a long email to MB and murdered the survey they sent to me. one of the top manager called me and apologized and ask me to come back to their dealership.. willing to fix my wheel without attitude. That's all i needed from the beginning.. just someone gave me some respect and look into the matter. Just want to give you guys an update on my status, but major lesson learned for me : ALWAYS CHECK VERY CAREFULLY WHEN YOU GET YOUR CAR BACK! and don't be afraid to speak up when you have a gut feeling that someone is doing something wrong with ur car! =) AND THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP GUYS
Old 06-02-2010, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
Isn't it funny that you have to go through hell before you get an apology?

I always take the service writers with me on a walk-around of my cars when I drop them off for anything. When I pick them up, I make sure any staff that is present sees me inspecting the car.

I am glad it work out for you.