C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Sidecar LED strips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 09:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C250 Coupe
Sidecar LED strips

Hey everyone-

So, I have received a couple of messages over the past week about the LED strips I installed on my car. For the project I used 2 x 12 inch LED flex strips from iJDMtoy. Since I didn't have use for the entire strip, I cut each one down to the last three LEDs (each circuit was divided into groups of three LEDs). If you cut them, whether or not it's the iJDM strips, it might be a good idea to seal off the ends with some silicone glue.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ide-today.html

*Link to orignal pictures*

After I cut them, I put them in place on both sides of the car with the adhesive side up and the positive/negative wires facing towards the front of the car(there's more surface for the LED to stick to). I actually spent more money on wiring accessories than the actual LEDs-- overall the project cost around $60 and took about an hour to install. Basically all of the wiring is encased in tubing and is tied off along the underside of the engine frame--with exception to the sides which there was no real way to conceal.
The pictures I attached just help you get a better feel of the guts. You'll notice I get my power from an add-a-circuit placed in fuse slot 5, I think? I wanted these LEDs to be on at all times when the car was running and according to the fuse chart the slot was for the trailer hitch lights. And yea, the negative is actually touched off more cleanly on to a bolt on the guard rail--one of the pictures just shows how I crimped the negatives and positives together connecting each side.
I know the whole LED strip mod isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I think they blend in nicely with sporty appearance of the c-class--pictures dont even do it justice. Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails Sidecar LED strips-s1.jpg   Sidecar LED strips-s22.jpg   Sidecar LED strips-img_0254.jpg   Sidecar LED strips-img_0253.jpg  
Old 05-19-2010, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c350
I like what you've done with them, hiding them in the corner so its not so flashy. How would 4 or 5 look compared to 3? I think you can get away with adding another LED bulb in there.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 c350
i think three is just enough so it doesnt look like a honda's trying to look like audis, IMO. but yea im deciding if i want to do this, i just dont want to mess around with the electrical stuff lol