C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

I Hate Teenagers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 04:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018-G550
send them to north Korea, they will learn how to respect other people.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C350
Sorry to hear about your encounter OP. As some of the others here, I too am a teenager myself. It absolutely disgusts me how some people drive their cars and treat the cars of others.

I'll admit, some of my teenage friends and peers are the kind of people who believe in the whole, "An eye for an eye" statement, and will take appropriate revenge for such actions, but I believe that rather than that, it is better to just prevent such misfortunes to begin with. Maybe for your example, just park farther away in more vacant parking spots (though this will not always be an option). But seeing as you gave the example of the little a-hole's girlfriend, who did indeed criticized her boyfriend for being so idiotic, this shows that there are indeed those who care for the cars of others and are against age-old "bro" idiocy.

And as a quick note, I believe that in terms of the whole tinted tails dilemma, it is an ambivalent topic to approach. Sure to the owner and some other car enthusiasts, tinted tails look quite nice (In fact even I would like to get my tails tinted/painted to a nice cherry red some day). But to others, some may take it as a somewhat..... flamboyant....and rather...hmm. I can't really describe it. I'll just give an example. Earlier on in my life, I always thought that those who tinted their car's tail-lights (most of whom were pick up truck drivers or JDM car drivers) were those oriented around having a racing start through every stop light, revving their engines when at a red light, and taking corners at high speeds. And some still do even now. My point is, even though people like me know both sides now; how some take tinted tails as an aesthetic modification to their cars and is a choice that the owner of the car and only the owner has in deciding whether to get them or not, others see it as a little sign that says, "Hey look at me. Look how bada$$ I look in my car. Because I look so bada$$ I must therefore be a jerk to society."

As for me, I've taken the approach in distancing myself from any sticky situations in parking lots by once again, choosing more...spacious spots, and trying to prevent any conflict by either preventing any tensions in the first place or by trying to let others take note of my...awareness I guess. But in all honesty, I believe that I must empathize and sympathize with the OP. A while back, a friend of mine wanted a ride to the bank, and he too had his keys on a lanyard attached to his belt loop with a carabiner. And guess what. Getting out of the car, the lanyard swung and made three distinct scratches along my door panel. I was absolutely enraged and I refused to talk to him for a good 2 weeks. But after a while, (and a lot of polishing and buffing of my door panel), I realized that getting angry over such a mistake on his part was idiotic. When the day is over, your car is merely just a car, made to get you from point A to point B (though some of us would like to take greater care of our cars), and during that transportation, such defacement can and eventually will occur; if not by human action, then by mother nature. Human error (ranging from accidents to just a horrible twist of fate in which a child so wrongly matured into a hateful adolescent/adult) just seems to be a more omnipotent factor.

Last edited by snarlingchicken; 05-23-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

14' CLS550
Originally Posted by i_am_amused
i suggest the title and theme of this thread be changed to "I Hate @SSHOLES". There are plenty of 20-somethings, 30-somethings, etc, that are complete tools. Why limit your hate to teens that might have a chance at rehabilitation?

as for mr "brass card" above, kharma is a mean b!tch. good luck avoiding her wrath.
kharma huh?? what you think im scared of getting a ticket? i laugh when i get pulled over, doesnt faze me.. if i was scared i wouldnt have tinted windows/tails.. noo front plate or black side markers.. i know i'll get away with it, thats y im not changing the way my car is
Old 05-23-2010, 09:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E.FIDDY.FIVE AMG
we were all there once in our life times, but still we had respect! those kids who do that are worthless POS
Old 05-23-2010, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by bigigg
kharma huh?? what you think im scared of getting a ticket? i laugh when i get pulled over, doesnt faze me.. if i was scared i wouldnt have tinted windows/tails.. noo front plate or black side markers.. i know i'll get away with it, thats y im not changing the way my car is
dude, you got it all wrong. never once did I even hint you are afraid of getting tickets. You made it abundantly clear you are not.

good luck...
Old 05-23-2010, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by billvip
send them to north Korea, they will learn how to respect other people.
or be eaten.

Soylent Green is people!
Old 05-24-2010, 05:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

14' CLS550
Originally Posted by i_am_amused
dude, you got it all wrong. never once did I even hint you are afraid of getting tickets. You made it abundantly clear you are not.

good luck...
well you mentioned "kharma".. what does it matter to you.. i said i was fortunate to have a family member gold card.. it helps alot every time i get pulled over.. thats all
Old 05-24-2010, 01:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

BBS LM's 18's + Kics
stupid people everywhere that hit your car and pretend nothing happened, park extra far!