C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

I Hate Teenagers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
E350 Sport/ML350RWD
I Hate Stupid People (Formerly: I Hate Teenagers)

Here's the story:
I took my nephew and his friend to lunch. As we were walking to my car, this POS teenager is walking towards their car (which was parked next to mine) he is swinging his keys which are on a lanyard. As I am following him, I say to my nephew and his friend "watch this MF'er hit my car with those *** keys. At that exact moment, he swings the keys out and hits my bumper. My instantaneous response was "DUDE!". The POS turns around and gives me an insincere "Sorry" as he rolls his eyes. My nephew and his friend begin to go after the punk and I had to pull them back. I checked my bumper- no marks. The POS's girlfriend asks him "What did you do?". He told her "Oh! I guess I hit his car or something". She looks at my car and say "Are you *** serious? What are you...Stupid or something?".
I can't believe how ignorant kids are now a days. People are crazy and they better learn to respect other people's property.
Sorry for the long rant. This is the outlet for my anger.

Last edited by AkaSigFreak; 05-22-2010 at 07:32 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
I hear you.....of course, it's not all teenagers, but I also see a frightening increase in the "It's All About Me" attitude among "Millennials". Closer to home, there are those who black out their side/taillamps to near invisibility to please their own aesthetic sense, or in a desperate attempt to be seen as "cool" by their peers, with little to no regard for those affected driving near them. And, if caught for a misdeed, they plan to be rescued by a buddy cop....no sense of personal responsibility...perhaps they were never taught...and members of our generation may have that blame. Some say societal changes move like a pendulum...I'm no longer convinced it's not a downward spiral.

Meanwhile, park in the empty far corners of parking lots.

You're right....a rant is helpful every now and then!!

But, I'm sure we'll get one back from an offended teen somewhere!
Old 05-22-2010, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 AMG
Agreed not all, but a good portion. I was driving downtown and as I was stopped at a light, some teens who were off early from school were crossing the street, looked at my car, then glared and tried to stare me down...for no reason...seriously...
Old 05-22-2010, 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

14' CLS550
Originally Posted by Sportstick
I hear you.....of course, it's not all teenagers, but I also see a frightening increase in the "It's All About Me" attitude among "Millennials". Closer to home, there are those who black out their side/taillamps to near invisibility to please their own aesthetic sense, or in a desperate attempt to be seen as "cool" by their peers, with little to no regard for those affected driving near them. And, if caught for a misdeed, they plan to be rescued by a buddy cop....no sense of personal responsibility...perhaps they were never taught...and members of our generation may have that blame. Some say societal changes move like a pendulum...I'm no longer convinced it's not a downward spiral.

wow what is it with you and tinted tails/sidemarkers? the guy started a thread about how some punk kid hit his car with a set of keys, and you turn it into " kids now days think there cool and try to impress there peers with no regard for other people".. seriously are you like 80 y/o and have vision problems? And i fall under the "aesthetic" category.. i can care less what other people think..and yes im fortunate enough that if i do get pulled over i have a niice shiny brass card that says family member, and i get away with it.. heres some advice, if your ever driving near some1 with tinted tails/sides stay far far away, that way there will be no problems with you rear ending or side swiping!
Old 05-22-2010, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by bigigg
wow what is it with you and tinted tails/sidemarkers? the guy started a thread about how some punk kid hit his car with a set of keys, and you turn it into " kids now days think there cool and try to impress there peers with no regard for other people".. seriously are you like 80 y/o and have vision problems? And i fall under the "aesthetic" category.. i can care less what other people think..and yes im fortunate enough that if i do get pulled over i have a niice shiny brass card that says family member, and i get away with it.. heres some advice, if your ever driving near some1 with tinted tails/sides stay far far away, that way there will be no problems with you rear ending or side swiping!

The problem is the attitude. The lights are just a very good example of the self-centered and uncaring attitude the OP had raised. It is interesting that you imagine I have the vision problem. Actually, I am decades younger than you suggest, but I am concerned about people in general, not just myself. It's not a matter of caring what other people think....it's caring about what may happen to them. Sadly, that seems to be the foreign concept here.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER

Originally Posted by bigigg
We have a winner.

Old 05-22-2010, 02:27 PM

08 c350
my tails are tinted no one has a problem seeing my lights lol
Old 05-22-2010, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 E63 Obsidiant Black; '06 R350 Alabaster White; 05 C55 Obsidiant Black (sold)
You think those who have a problem would have any chance to address that to you?
Old 05-22-2010, 03:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C204
The problem is the attitude. The lights are just a very good example of the self-centered and uncaring attitude the OP had raised.
I get your point but to target members with tinted taillights, including myself, is a little extreme.

There are a lot more "arrogant, self centered, uncaring" and dangerous car modifications out there; tinted taillights coming in at the very lowest on the scale.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by alexlev
I get your point but to target members with tinted taillights, including myself, is a little extreme.

There are a lot more "arrogant, self centered, uncaring" and dangerous car modifications out there; tinted taillights coming in at the very lowest on the scale.
I did not mean all tints...I think I referred (post #2) to those made almost invisible....some go to the extreme without regard to the effect on others simply because it pleases them.

Last edited by Sportstick; 05-22-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 05:59 PM

08 c350
Originally Posted by RW C55
You think those who have a problem would have any chance to address that to you?

well im saying i dont have a problem because i know i dont ive seen my Bright taillights in the dark expecially when the brakes are applied so im positive there arent any problems, and knock on wood ive never been pulled over for tints.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:07 PM

C350
im young I'm very careful around anybodies car, no matter what it is.

Last edited by len56; 12-21-2015 at 08:19 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:43 PM

08 c350
i know what you mean Len56 because i know how pissed off i would be if i found a scratch on my car you know so im careful around my friends cars, even strangers.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
i suggest the title and theme of this thread be changed to "I Hate @SSHOLES". There are plenty of 20-somethings, 30-somethings, etc, that are complete tools. Why limit your hate to teens that might have a chance at rehabilitation?

as for mr "brass card" above, kharma is a mean b!tch. good luck avoiding her wrath.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:20 PM

Car
Teenagers like this that make all of us suffer. It is rediculous that some teenagers give no thought to others and it's worse that you end up finding their parents doing the same thing! I just wish that this image wasn't applied to all teenagers presumably like myself (Yes, I'm a 15 year old son of a Mercedes owner).
Old 05-22-2010, 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350 Sport/ML350RWD
Originally Posted by i_am_amused
i suggest the title and theme of this thread be changed to "I Hate @SSHOLES". There are plenty of 20-somethings, 30-somethings, etc, that are complete tools. Why limit your hate to teens that might have a chance at rehabilitation?

as for mr "brass card" above, kharma is a mean b!tch. good luck avoiding her wrath.
Took your suggestion
Old 05-22-2010, 07:41 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 C43
It's just the people that are completely unaware that cars can mean a lot to the owner. non 'car people' just dont even think about it... opening their doors too fast in a garage, scraping their jeans against them when they squeeze their fat *** between spots in a parking lot, or twirling their keys around when next to a nice car.. completely oblivious to their valuable surroundings. If i saw someone scratch my car from being careless i would ****

If everyone was a 'car person' ... the world would be a much safer place
Old 05-22-2010, 07:43 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Underage

Originally Posted by CarboyS
Teenagers like this that make all of us suffer. It is rediculous that some teenagers give no thought to others and it's worse that you end up finding their parents doing the same thing! I just wish that this image wasn't applied to all teenagers presumably like myself (Yes, I'm a 15 year old son of a Mercedes owner).
If you are fifteen, how is it you are driving?
Old 05-22-2010, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350 Sport/ML350RWD
Learner's Permit?
Old 05-22-2010, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by CarboyS

You sound like an admirable young man; your second sentence shows good insight. There was a time when more folks were taught that we all have a responsibility to leave the world a better place than we found it and to be concerned about how our actions affect others, not gaining a benefit at other peoples' expense. Please tell your folks a complete stranger said, "Good job!"
Old 05-22-2010, 10:29 PM

W203-4M W163
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
We have a winner.

+1 JAWOHL! LOL
Old 05-23-2010, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
I too am a teenager, and while I don't think the title of the thread is "fair" I would have to agree that it is somewhat accurate. I imagine it must be how the kids are raised. I for one would never do anything like that, nor would my siblings. I am always the one to tell my ignorant less mature friends to shut up if they are being loud or obnoxious. I feel like most of the kids my age are arrogant, careless and completely immature (I am 19 turning 20).

And certainly I am careful around cars. When I take a trip to my friend's fathers car garage I always use extreme caution around the $100k+ cars, or any of the cars for that matter. But most others fling open doors and smash them and lean up against them... I don't understand it. I apologize on his and her behalf.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:53 AM

Car
Originally Posted by RLE
If you are fifteen, how is it you are driving?
Ha ha ha, I'm not! I have been a Mercedes-Benz fanatic since 2003 when my parents first got their S430. You can bet your life I'll be driving a Benz soon, though

You sound like an admirable young man; your second sentence shows good insight. There was a time when more folks were taught that we all have a responsibility to leave the world a better place than we found it and to be concerned about how our actions affect others, not gaining a benefit at other peoples' expense. Please tell your folks a complete stranger said, "Good job!"
Will do

Last edited by CarboyS; 05-23-2010 at 12:56 AM.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:04 AM

2010 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport 4Matic
Originally Posted by AkaSigFreak
Here's the story:
I took my nephew and his friend to lunch. As we were walking to my car, this POS teenager is walking towards their car (which was parked next to mine) he is swinging his keys which are on a lanyard. As I am following him, I say to my nephew and his friend "watch this MF'er hit my car with those *** keys. At that exact moment, he swings the keys out and hits my bumper. My instantaneous response was "DUDE!". The POS turns around and gives me an insincere "Sorry" as he rolls his eyes. My nephew and his friend begin to go after the punk and I had to pull them back. I checked my bumper- no marks. The POS's girlfriend asks him "What did you do?". He told her "Oh! I guess I hit his car or something". She looks at my car and say "Are you *** serious? What are you...Stupid or something?".
I can't believe how ignorant kids are now a days. People are crazy and they better learn to respect other people's property.
Sorry for the long rant. This is the outlet for my anger.
This is why I park as far as possible everywhere I go, no matter how far I have to walk
Old 05-23-2010, 03:54 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2014 E550 sedan
Originally Posted by jctevere
I too am a teenager, and while I don't think the title of the thread is "fair" I would have to agree that it is somewhat accurate. I imagine it must be how the kids are raised. I for one would never do anything like that, nor would my siblings. I am always the one to tell my ignorant less mature friends to shut up if they are being loud or obnoxious. I feel like most of the kids my age are arrogant, careless and completely immature (I am 19 turning 20).

And certainly I am careful around cars. When I take a trip to my friend's fathers car garage I always use extreme caution around the $100k+ cars, or any of the cars for that matter. But most others fling open doors and smash them and lean up against them... I don't understand it. I apologize on his and her behalf.
+1 lol almost word for word what i was going to post

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I Hate Teenagers