C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Retrofitting Instrument Cluster and 12 button wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1984 W126 280S + 2010 W204 C180K
Retrofitting Instrument Cluster and 12 button wheel

Guys,

I've recently grown bored and frustrated with my basic screen-less instrument cluster, controlled by a very basic 4 button steering wheel. My car is a 180K Auto

I'm currently placing an order for a brad new instrument cluster with the 4.5 inch screen in the middle, and a new airbag unit with 12 buttons on it (to control the new screen)

My question is: what do I need to check before I confirm the order? I've already made sure that the ordered cluster is in Km, for Petrol cars, and for the "Elegance" trim. For the Airbag, I made sure that it came with color code 9116 (black). You guys think there's anything else I should check before this retrofit??? Will both these units work normally? Any extra cables needed? or is it just that the dealer's going to unplug a cable from the back of the old instrument cluster and plug it into the new one??

Thanks you very much in advance...really appreciate the help!
Old 05-24-2010, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 297 Likes on 249 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
If you put your VIN to EPC and look at section 99 for Comand retrofit, you should get the exact parts list for the retrofit task, including the cluster and the steering wheel that you are after. If you don't have access to EPC, someone from the forum could help.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:07 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Originally Posted by mohelsherief
Guys,

I've recently grown bored and frustrated with my basic screen-less instrument cluster, controlled by a very basic 4 button steering wheel. My car is a 180K Auto

I'm currently placing an order for a brad new instrument cluster with the 4.5 inch screen in the middle, and a new airbag unit with 12 buttons on it (to control the new screen)

My question is: what do I need to check before I confirm the order? I've already made sure that the ordered cluster is in Km, for Petrol cars, and for the "Elegance" trim. For the Airbag, I made sure that it came with color code 9116 (black). You guys think there's anything else I should check before this retrofit??? Will both these units work normally? Any extra cables needed? or is it just that the dealer's going to unplug a cable from the back of the old instrument cluster and plug it into the new one??

Thanks you very much in advance...really appreciate the help!
it might be worth checking www.mbenz.nl since they do this sort of thing all the time. They sell the parts and also do installs. I have bought a few items from them for self installation and was well satisfied with the prices and service.